• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit

I wanted to get my Grandson a kit but I don't want the gap in the stripes - will the away kit have stripes or is it plain? Does anyone know when the away strip will be available to buy?

Look at some of the teams that Puma supply and then you'll realise that no matter how many kits Wolves sell they're still nothing but a drop in the ocean, even without considering the rest of Puma's sales outside of football kits.

Obviously the easy solution would be a kit with complete stripes but again that would've been the club's call, the gap is a specific shape for Wolves' sponsor not just a generic box.

Wolves selected their design, Puma have provided it and now the club have made a hash of things with a last minute change to try and placate the fans who are unhappy with the choice of sponsor. It's the club who must accept all responsibility for the gappy kids shirt.

Which is back to my main point, the people running the club obviously couldn't give a fuck anymore, no forethought at all.

Even after that last minute change, with some thinking they could have come up with some alternative, something like a kids charity making the logo the same size as the hole, obviously would have to do a bit of a deal with MS etc but would have created some goodwill.

As Dino says it it just embarrassing

Last edited:
I wanted to get my Grandson a kit but I don't want the gap in the stripes - will the away kit have stripes or is it plain? Does anyone know when the away strip will be available to buy?

We usually launch the away kit for sale in July. You would expect it to be a different style to the home one

Which is back to my main point, the people running the club obviously couldn't give a fuck anymore, no forethought at all.

Even after that last minute change, with some thinking they could have come up with some alternative, something like a kids charity making the logo the same size as the hole, obviously would have to do a bit of a deal with MS etc but would have created some goodwill.

As Dino says it it just embarrassing

It's a bit of a shitty foresight to have thought isn't it?

'No-one is going to want this sponsor on their shirt so let's design it in a way that doesn't look shit without the sponsor'

If they went with that approach then they're admitting defeat before they've even started.

Do they not always have an option for Junior kits without the sponsor's loge whoever that happens to be?

If they do then would have thought that the pinstripes would go all the way down - would have been easy enough to organise when placing the initial order

The gap isn't half as bad as the Norwich kit from this season. Now that was an embarrassment.

Do they not always have an option for Junior kits without the sponsor's loge whoever that happens to be?

If they do then would have thought that the pinstripes would go all the way down - would have been easy enough to organise when placing the initial order

No - only normally where there are legal issues. Basically gambling and alcohol logos cannot be on shirts for under 18s.

No - only normally where there are legal issues. Basically gambling and alcohol logos cannot be on shirts for under 18s.

Then again under 18s can't be held liable for any borrowing - no reason for them not to have seen a problem this time then

I quite like the 80s retro style, I openly objected to the sponsor although do we sell the retro version this is based on? Might get that.

It's a total embarrassment. Bloody gaps, holes, stripes that don't meet up, a club that doesn't listen to its fans. Poor show, Wolves. You've 'lost' me, after 50 years - at least until things vastly improve.

Then again under 18s can't be held liable for any borrowing - no reason for them not to have seen a problem this time then

They saw a problem when the announcement proved unpopular. So the shirt was no doubt already in the pipeline at the time.

Last few years, the away shirt has been released mid/late June (a week or so before my Birthday) and the kids get me one...They need to find something different as a B'day present this year as I don't want a shirt with "Money Shop" on the front.
I'm just gonna wear my retro Tatung shirt

Nothing a permanent marker and ruler can't sort. Wonder if they will offer anything in place of the money shop (wolves community based) on the kids shirts?

Nothing a permanent marker and ruler can't sort. Wonder if they will offer anything in place of the money shop (wolves community based) on the kids shirts?

Nope.

Its not like when Sporting Bet were with us as they couldn't put the Sponsor on. Now because Wolves are trying to do soemthing good it is a straight forward Moneyshop sponsorship or the daft blank space. Most people will ask for the sponsor to be included.

Christ, just seen the junior kit. That's the whole mismanagement of the club in a nutshell

It isn't though really is it?

There is no legal need for them to offer a sponsor free top. They have made late arrangements to do so because people are pissed off. However, the fact it looks gash means, they hope, that most parents will opt for the one with the sponsor on it.

I showed my son the two options this morning and unsurprising he wants "the proper one". Now in a quandary, would have talked him out of it if the alternative didn't look shit, now undecided...damn you Moxey you force of evil

Back