• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit

Why the yellow strip underneath the money shop logo? Any sponsor should be forced to have their name and logo in black only.

An improvement on last seasons belly button neckline strip. Still won't buy one to wear though.

I agree, logo should be in black only. - It's our shirt if they want to advertise on it then that compromise would be a small price to pay!
In fact will any club ever have the decency to say, stuff your few million sponsorship deal, our club and it's traditions are more important too us?'.
I doubt it, but it might make a few headlines.

Leeds haven't had a sponsor this season. I suspect that is because no-one wants to deal with Cellino though rather than some moral stand by the club.

That kit is absolutely gash... by any chance will be renaming molineux to the Kc Stadium.

The Kids kit is shambolic and with some luck they'll fix it but somehow I doubt it...

I agree, logo should be in black only. - It's our shirt if they want to advertise on it then that compromise would be a small price to pay!
In fact will any club ever have the decency to say, stuff your few million sponsorship deal, our club and it's traditions are more important too us?'.
I doubt it, but it might make a few headlines.

It's a fucking Wolves top not Times Square, it's hardly premium advertising space! Why would any company bow down a club of Wolves' stature and alter their logo/brand? They're paying to get their name out there not to having a hand in designing a tasteful looking shirt.

Goodyear were predominantly yellow on a blue banner too. It does happen but I doubt it has anything to do with the club.

Silverbug changed their colours as the MD Owen Daley is a Wolves fan.

You get a few changes higher up the good chain but I'd imagine most are the choice of the sponsor.

It's a fucking Wolves top not Times Square, it's hardly premium advertising space! Why would any company bow down a club of Wolves' stature and alter their logo/brand? They're paying to get their name out there not to having a hand in designing a tasteful looking shirt.

By your own logic..

It's fucking Money Shop not British Airways?

I seriously think this is people moaning for the sake of moaning, if you want the shirt buy the shirt, if you don't like the sponsor and yes the shirt looks shit without it then don't buy it. Amazing how many suddenly want to boycott the shirt because of the money shop but haven't boycotted attending games when the Money Shop is clearly the main sponsor in the Southbank and has several other hoardings around the ground.

We have the same about the shirt every season it's hilarious.

'Don't like the collar, don't like the colour, don't like etc.'

It's a football shirt, not a fashion garment!

I can't remember the last time I bought a shirt. Premier league first season I think, but people often buy me the training top for Christmas. Been absolutely fine, wear it to the gym and to play football.

I quite like the shirt, couldn't give a fuck about the sponsor same as any sponsor, has no bearing on my life. Liverpool been sponsored by carlsberg doesn't make me buy that shit, Ferrari being sponsored by Marlborough doesn't make me smash the fags.

Probs won't buy it as I don't want to pay £45 on something to play football in when the training top does that for half the price and doesn't attract all the flies.

I seriously think this is people moaning for the sake of moaning, if you want the shirt buy the shirt, if you don't like the sponsor and yes the shirt looks shit without it then don't buy it. Amazing how many suddenly want to boycott the shirt because of the money shop but haven't boycotted attending games when the Money Shop is clearly the main sponsor in the Southbank and has several other hoardings around the ground.
Its been all look at me look at me since the Facebook revolution.. Social Media has made people retarded.

They're paying Wolves though, they hold the upper hand immediately as a result.

ordinarily yes you're quite right but when it's a company who are trying to rebuild a damaged reputation as is the case then Wolves would/should have more flexibility than previous years, they need us more than we need them.

ordinarily yes you're quite right but when it's a company who are trying to rebuild a damaged reputation as is the case then Wolves would/should have more flexibility than previous years, they need us more than we need them.
If that were the case then why are Wolves pressing ahead in spite of so much grief from the fanbase?

If that were the case then why are Wolves pressing ahead in spite of so much grief from the fanbase?

Exactly that, spite.

Whatever his positives we have had a succession of PR own goals during Moxeys tenure and his report he had published before the FP shows he expects the fans should be passive sheeple who agree with everything the club do and be happy about it.

The biggest of the loan shark company didn't change their logo when sponsoring Newcastle so no chance our club is going make a company do that.

Newcastle wear black and white so the logo has to be colourful. Obviously with wolves, black tends to look better and most companies wouldn't have a problem with that. The money shop is in Black, but the yellow line is a bit odd

Exactly that, spite.

Whatever his positives we have had a succession of PR own goals during Moxeys tenure and his report he had published before the FP shows he expects the fans should be passive sheeple who agree with everything the club do and be happy about it.
Spite?

So now you think the club intentionally chose an sponsor they knew would be unpopular just to piss people off?

Back