• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be too long now

tenor.gif

I wonder if the role Lopetegui is being given means we are cutting the ties to Mendes? Or at least being less reliant on him.
I think we’ll just use him more sensibly. No point cutting links but equally no point in taking players Lop doesn’t want or overpaying - I’m looking you Guedes!

I wonder if the role Lopetegui is being given means we are cutting the ties to Mendes? Or at least being less reliant on him.
Lopetegui is still a Mendes man - no matter what way you look at it .

However he will be more akin to Nuno than Lage ever was you would hope , whereby he has a strong say in footballing matters , and a no from him to a potential new player should mean no .

Lopetegui is still a Mendes man - no matter what way you look at it .

However he will be more akin to Nuno than Lage ever was you would hope , whereby he has a strong say in footballing matters , and a no from him to a potential new player should mean no .

Anyone who we bring in will need to be accepting of the Mendes relationship, that won't ever change with Fosun here. What we do need is someone who will be strong enough to only accept the good parts. Nuno did in some cases but Podence over Olmo haunts me to this day.

Anyone who we bring in will need to be accepting of the Mendes relationship, that won't ever change with Fosun here. What we do need is someone who will be strong enough to only accept the good parts. Nuno did in some cases but Podence over Olmo haunts me to this day.
I'm hoping that JL's wider and longer experience of both football and life will have made him a bit more Wengeresque than Nuno (for all his many good points) was able to be. (No spitting, though, please, señor.)

Lopetegui has never been beholden to Mendes at any of his previous clubs except maybe Porto but then he's worked under Florentino Perez and Monchi so he hasn't needed to be.

In for quite the shock when he meets Scotty then...
Quite.

I don't expect anything to change in our recruitment dept unless the rumours of Lope being given full control are true. Can't imagine that's the case btw, he's never had that anywhere else and he's just coming from working under one of the best DoF in football so would have no reason to be against that system (He'll soon have reason once Sellars and Shi give Rúben to Barça for fuck all and don't replace him though).

Until he's holding the scarf / jersey - it's not over the line .

Until he's holding the scarf / jersey - it's not over the line .
I reckon he will just walk in like this....

Then slap his cock around Sellars chops and layeth the smack down on his rudey poo candy ass loike..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back