• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I've never found 111 to be worth bothering with. Years ago my daughter developed a rash that wouldn't fade under a glass, we phoned 111 told them the symptoms and they said they'd get someone to call back. After 30 mins of waiting I said fuck it and went to A&E instead, to be fair we got seen straight away, no waiting at all.

We got the eventual callback from 111 the next afternoon.
See I’ve always used them and I’ve been seen immediately after a phone triage. Once for a spider bite that went really bad really quick during COVID and once when I smashed my elbow to pieces. I suppose it’s pot luck on any given day but personally I’ve been pretty lucky with them.

See I’ve always used them and I’ve been seen immediately after a phone triage. Once for a spider bite that went really bad really quick during COVID and once when I smashed my elbow to pieces. I suppose it’s pot luck on any given day but personally I’ve been pretty lucky with them.
Ah fair play. It's always good to get another perspective. Hope the little man feels bett better soon

I've never found 111 to be worth bothering with. Years ago my daughter developed a rash that wouldn't fade under a glass, we phoned 111 told them the symptoms and they said they'd get someone to call back. After 30 mins of waiting I said fuck it and went to A&E instead, to be fair we got seen straight away, no waiting at all.

We got the eventual callback from 111 the next afternoon.
I had the exact opposite happen when I phoned them about my wife (8 years ago now).

Got the ambulance out inside 20 minutes. Admitted with bacterial meningitis straight away, 2 of the nurses were appalling at the hospital and thought it was nothing to be worried about. The consultant's face when I told him that was a colour I'd not seen before, puce I'd describe it as.

The Tories have decimated the NHS and its services. Shameful cunts.

Feel your pain boo, hope there's a quick and full recovery.

2023 I think we had 6 ambulances out for the boy, recurring pneumonia due to aspiration. Had the full spectrum of experiences, from 20 minutes to an 8 hour wait for an ambulance. Even with an 8 hour wait we told it'll still be quicker than going in to A&E ourselves such was the wait time there to get to triage. had one occasion where we were waiting in the ambulance to get triaged for 4 hours, and then a few were we were nudging 24 hours post triage waiting for a ward bed to open up.

Some nurses and doctors were amazing, some were absolutely terrible. Just through exposure to them I've got pretty good at just saying outright that I don't want us to be looked after by person X and getting shifted to somebody who's more use than the odd fart in a hurricane that you get chucked at you. One occasion I had a full blown row with junior doctor who was about to put him on some IV drugs, saying that his blood test had shown a kidney issue. He hadn't had a blood test, and I knew that having not left his side for 36 hours. Literally a stand up barny before he went to check again and they realised that they'd put somebody else's results in Alfie's file. Fucker was adamant they'd done a test, saying maybe it was done while I was in the toilet. I'm like bro, last time he had a blood test it took 3 people to hold him down and the consultant had to use an ultrasound to find a vein, I think I'd fucking know!

The whole system is completely fucked unfortunately, and I think the workload is used a shield for genuine incompetence in some cases. It absolutely needs more money, but it also needs some significant reform

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-politicians-lousy-managers-ruthless-moneymen

could be a case study on the perils of privatisation, and how it doesn't add value, but takes value away. All the while, scumbags profit from us losing national assets..
About £2bn has been given to shareholders since 2013, equivalent to 60% of its profits after tax. Says Chris Hayes at Common Wealth: “Since privatisation, Royal Mail has been slowly bleeding cash to shareholders, while service quality has palpably deteriorated. Shareholders had never been necessary to Royal Mail’s viability prior to privatisation and have been jeopardising it since

The fucking never ending saga of trying to get a charge point installed at my house rolls on

Was originally told when our supply was being unlooped we would need the electric meter moved outside but when the unlooping was done, told we didn't need to do it. Happy days money saved

Purchased the charger....9 week wait and the engineer turns up.....he then refuses to drill through the walls required and fucks off.....5 days later no word from Octopus Energy to follow up. So had to chase them up and we are told our responsibility to contact National Grid to sort out and have the meter moved. Thats all fine....but you didn;t tell us this. Apparently they used to do site surveys before an engineer came out but have scrapped these. Would have been very useful indeed in our situation.
Even when National Grid come to do the ground work, still need Octopus here as they are the ones that have to physically instal meter outside.

Started this process in August last year.....Would be easier to have a Petrol Station installed on my drive I think.
So, had National Grid at our house today after we asked them about moving the meter.
Which by the way is a tad expensive
Dig a trench yourself - £950 for the work
NG dig a trench and do the work -£2500
Additional trenches charged at £1500 each.
Cable required - £26 per metre.
Then need energy supplier on site same day to move the meter and an electrician to connect it all back to the fuse box...that will need moving.

Anyways he called the engineer a lazy twat and told us to have the hole required in the wall drilled by someone else then get Octopus to send out someone to install the charger.

What a load of old bollocks sorting this out is.

On the plus side had an email telling me my car is arriving earlier than expected and should be with me early April.

Last edited:
They’re sending you the one that I cancelled. Alls well and all that.

National Grid once dug a massive hole in my drive at my old house without asking me and when I wasn't even in. Superb service, would recommend, 10/10.

So, had National Grid at our house today after we asked them about moving the meter.
Which by the way is a tad expensive
Dig a trench yourself - £950 for the work
NG dig a trench and do the work -£2500
Additional trenches charged at £1500 each.
Cable required - £26 per metre.
Then need energy supplier on site same day to move the meter and an electrician to connect it all back to the fuse box...that will need moving.

Anyways he called the engineer a lazy twat and told us to have the hole required in the wall drilled by someone else then get Octopus to send out someone to install the charger.

What a load of old bollocks sorting this out is.

On the plus side had an email telling me my car is arriving earlier than expected and should be with me early April.
I've got OHME coming out on Friday to install, hope I have a better service as car arriving mid March, although the info/photos/videos requested was a Ballache.

I've got OHME coming out on Friday to install, hope I have a better service as car arriving mid March, although the info/photos/videos requested was a Ballache.
Mine has just been a perfect storm of crap.

I used a local independent to do mine. He was great.

People who say the word "addicting" instead of "addictive".

Seems recently I keep hearing it everywhere I go and on all TV shows. Does my head in.

On the subject of digging holes, this one today is a pearler.

Saw the neighbours today fiddling around with their water meter and stop cock. There a 3 houses along a small private road and the meter’s are together in the shared access area, which were all installed last year.

Turns out neighbour 1 has been on metered bills since 23rd December and they were investigating the sudden sky high bills. Our reading and bills seem ok, but neighbour numbers 2’s water meter is reading 0000000.

Neighbour 1 turns off stopcock and it shuts off water to neighbour 2 too!! Fuck me, N1 has been supplying and paying for N2 at the same time!!

Then we look at meter and stopcock of N2. The valve is shut. We decide to open valve momentarily, hear the rush of water, then suddenly it starts coming up from underneath the ground and flooding the path not far from the valve! Jesus Christ, shut it down quickly and call Thames Water who are coming next week to investigate.

God knows how that could possibly have happened and understandably N1+2 are mightily pissed off. I’m a bit irritated the road is getting dug up but in the grand scheme might have got off lightly.

Honestly, what a carry on.

People who say the word "addicting" instead of "addictive".

Seems recently I keep hearing it everywhere I go and on all TV shows. Does my head in.
Yes, and a similar kind of one, people who say, "I'm bored of it".
It's bored WITH it!

And I've just seen another one. Thanks Joey, you cunt!

With 2024 less than a month old, I have currently two law suits pending from tweets that have went viral in the UK.

Went out on the ride on mower to sort out about an acre of land between the front fence and the road which is actually the councils responsibility but they never do the job.

Thought I would help my brother out with a job while he was at work. It took about three hours and because I am a fucking dickhead I forgot sunscreen and a hat. I resemble a freshly boiled lobster and my head is pounding.

Back out next Friday for Part 456 of the great charger install saga.

Still waiting for probate to be granted, what the fuck do they actually do in that office!

Back