• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Wolves fan...!

ay87

Reaction score
Hi there, my 6 year old son decided to start supporting Wolves 18 months ago. He decided that he liked the badge and has never looked back!

It’s all a bit random as we live in North Yorkshire. Furthermore, I’m a Palace fan (I come in peace!).

Anyway, I’d love to take him to see a match at Molineux but not sure how easy it is to get tickets, where is best to sit etc. Any information would be much appreciated.

Hi mate, games are generally getting down to general sale now however getting a pair sat together isn't the easiest.

Buying a membership for you both would guarantee you a ticket for pretty much any game you wanted, his would likely be worthwhile as he'd get a few bits like a scarf, hat and mug as part of the package.

Hi there. Like Ws says, if you’re happy to get the memberships then getting a ticket should be easy enough so long as you’re sharp on the online sales. Good luck!

The stand depends on what you and your son are looking for.

The Sir Jack Hayward is behind the goal, the rowdiest with the best atmosphere, but you'll probably spend most of the game standing up which isn't ideal. He might also learn some new words.

Billy Wright lower is the family enclosure, so obviously child friendly. My kids are grown up now so a number of years since I last did, but can be a bit hit and miss if you end up by kids who aren't really interested in watching the game. Might be different now we are PL

Billy Wright Upper is the most expensive amd tends to have an older clientele

Avoid the the Steve Bull stand if you can, the view is good, but the facilities are poor

Stan Cullis stand is behind the goal, but not as raucous as the SJH. The lower gets him closer to the players, the upper a better view. Think I'd do the lower in your situation.

Enjoy

Last edited:
I've met a few people whos kids/themselves became fans due to the badge, so hes not on his own with that one.

In terms of stadium guide TT has it pretty nailed on, also if you do get into the Steve Bull add an extra 20 minutes on to get into the stand, it predates all the other stadium and although its not quite decrepit its just the worst experience in the ground in terms of everything except the view.

I'd echo what Tony has written except that the Billy Wright lower might appeal more to the six year old if he'd like photo opportunities with the club mascot, Wolfie.

If you're willing to wait until the last few days before the game then you can generally find a pair of seats together on general sale if you keep checking say, twice a day. You'll have less choice of where they are though. Usually the Billy Wright which is the most expensive stand at £44 each being the cheapest I think for an adult ticket.

Getting a membership will guarantee a much better choice of where you sit and you can secure your seats earlier. But obviously it'll cost more as they're about £30 each.

If you only plan on going once or twice in the season, then I'd wait and get whatever seats are available. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

Make sure that you are both registered on the ticket site, that way you'll both have supporter numbers ready to go when you do buy. You need one each to assign the tickets to. They don’t let you have them without one.

If you're willing to wait until the last few days before the game then you can generally find a pair of seats together on general sale if you keep checking say, twice a day. You'll have less choice of where they are though. Usually the Billy Wright which is the most expensive stand at £44 each being the cheapest I think for an adult ticket.

Getting a membership will guarantee a much better choice of where you sit and you can secure your seats earlier. But obviously it'll cost more as they're about £30 each.

If you only plan on going once or twice in the season, then I'd wait and get whatever seats are available. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

Make sure that you are both registered on the ticket site, that way you'll both have supporter numbers ready to go when you do buy. You need one each to assign the tickets to. They don’t let you have them without one.
Don't you need a purchasing history to do be able to do that? Risks opposition fans registering and getting a ticket in home areas.

Don't you need a purchasing history to do be able to do that? Risks opposition fans registering and getting a ticket in home areas.
I've no idea tbh.

Michael Owen's lad became a Wolves fans because of the badge

Possibly also to get away from his old man continually going on about bloody horse racing and refusing to watch any film, ever.

I would say that we have a League Cup game at home in November and getting tickets will be cheap and easy, but that's a hell of a midweek commute.

Just to add if you’re coming by train it’s about 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk to the ground and very easy to find.
The ground is next to the city centre also you can get something to eat etc.
If driving lots of car parks in and around the city centre be aware they fill up quickly.
For a 6 year old the Billy Wright lower is safe bet lots of families in this area failing that the Stan Cullis is safe bet to.
As you’re probably aware refreshments in the ground are vastly overpriced and not the best so I’d eat and drink before arriving.

One thing to consider for a 6 year old (Or even yourself is in the Steve Bull stand if it's a nice sunny day, the sun will be right in your eyes!
You'll spend a lot of the game shielding your eyes.
So get him a Wolves cap with a big peak!

At 6 years old just go in the BW Lower - let the club know and they will do a first match pack in there too.

Our badge is actually a big attraction, Jeff knows his branding.

Michael Owen's lad became a Wolves fans because of the badge
Is that the same Michael Owen that once played for Stoke, a football club that also has an ex-player called Rory Delap, who was known for his long throws?

At 6 years old just go in the BW Lower - let the club know and they will do a first match pack in there too.
He'll get to see the other players warming up along the touchline right in front of him too.

Only if they are the NB end

You may find Wath Wanderers of historical interest.

Back