• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Oh I forgot, where was RAN for their second, people keep telling me he's gunna be a star, I see the odd good performance with loads of no shows, still looks like he's more likely to trip over ball than create something going forward.
We were in no danger at all for the 2nd, it was just really poor by our captain. RAN was attacking as he was sent on to do.

We were in no danger at all for the 2nd, it was just really poor by our captain. RAN was attacking as he was sent on to do.
Aye, when Almiron receives the first pass we're in decent position to defend it, Kilman - Dawson - Collins - Semedo all set up as fairly conventional back four in that moment. Then Kilman tracks Almiron by doing a weird loop-de-loop running away from him, and then abandons him to follow the ball into a position that Dawson already has covered.

We have a midfield that creates nothing. An attack that does not score. A defence that always looks like giving a goal away because they panic knowing that we will not score.
Then we have a manager who normally gets plaudits for his substitutions. Which is another way of saying his starting line up is wrong. All we can hope is that there really is 3 worse sides and we can sort the problems out in the close season.

It is on Raúl at least to an extent, even if he doesn't have an immediate layoff available that's exactly the point; he needs to fight for the ball in those situations and try to bring anyone else in, and instead he gives up, flops to the ground, moans at the ref, and we're right back under pressure.

It infuriates me. It's weak as shit.

You'd have loved peak Kevin Doyle. He wasn't the best footballer but he'd be perfect for the style we employed today. He'd have got at least 10 freekicks.

We have a midfield that creates nothing. An attack that does not score. A defence that always looks like giving a goal away because they panic knowing that we will not score.
Then we have a manager who normally gets plaudits for his substitutions. Which is another way of saying his starting line up is wrong. All we can hope is that there really is 3 worse sides and we can sort the problems out in the close season.
Traore as a sub doesn’t mean the starting team is wrong. He very rarely looks good as a starter but has a reasonable impact as a sub on occasions. Similarly Moutinho looks much better coming on after about an hour.

Also, we absolutely pissed around with the ball at the back. So many hospital passes and heart in mouth moments.
JLo has to change that, we cannot play out from the back at the moment. Lemina was awful in possession

I don't think we did play out from the back. 2/3 passes then a hoof.

You'd have loved peak Kevin Doyle. He wasn't the best footballer but he'd be perfect for the style we employed today. He'd have got at least 10 freekicks.
I haven’t forgotten Doyle! Although he seemed to actually get the calls that Raúl doesn’t.

Out of all the teams at the bottom end of the table we must be the most boring.
The amount of passing the ball back really boils my piss.
Gerrit forward eh?

Honestly the fucking bullshit I've read on this forum of late is breathtaking.

We lost because Lop got it wrong with the starting XI, got it right with his first 4 subs and then spectacularly wrong with his last and change of formation.

We lost because of the manager and VAR today.

We also lost against 5th in the league, and for large parts of the second half were by far the better side.

I'd be happy never seeing Podence play again. Adama, although he played well is an impact sub. Moutinho too. Lemina had a very poor game with his distribution and should've been hooked.

On the plus side Semedo, Raul and Nunes all played well. Thought Raul was tireless up front in what was a thankless task playing up front with everybody else so far away from him until Lop bought Neto on and went narrow with his front 3. We then looked miles better with Pod binned and Hwang on.

Hopefully we don't make this mistake again and we batter Leeds and Forest.

Is it?

We can't break pressure, we've been awful at it for ages, and IMO a huge part of that is our complete inability to have the ball stick when we clear it.
It is, Raul has never been a lone striker.

He should've had a pen, closed down really well and linked up when he had the chance.

He's challenging for headers in the box again and whilst he's never been a big strong centre forward looks like the fight is back in him. He needs people around him.

Moutinho, Podence and Adama were miles away from him for the whole of the first half. That's on Lop.

And Kilman was atrocious under the press.

He was but none of the back 4 were helped by those in front. It's like we are allergic to passing angles, we were so easy to press for Newcastle that often Isak did it by himself.

Howe said he had no recollection of the penalty incident (yeah right) then in the next breath says he didn't think it was one. Fucking lying prick

He was but none of the back 4 were helped by those in front. It's like we are allergic to passing angles, we were so easy to press for Newcastle that often Isak did it by himself.
Neither wide forward offered an angle and Lemina was shocking today I agree there.

Moutinho offered for the ball but he can't do it on his own. Thought Lemina was too deep too soon when we were in possession, he should've been much further forward. And as he was having a poor game I'd have subbed him for Gomes.

Moutinho was much better when he moved to CM. That is where he should play, nowhere else. Why we keep playing him in this advanced midfielder I don’t know. He cannot play there and is nil threat in an attacking sense. Doesnt even get in the box.

Also I’d rather him be coming on for Neves/Lemina after 60 mins than Nunes.

Adama was OK, played a few passes actually but we weren’t in the game enough first half. Podence was a joke. 5 mins before HT he did something but the rest abysmal. Why does every action have to be with some “flair”. You’d let it go if he didn’t fuck it up 9/10. It’s like he constantly got the skill button pressed whenever he’s got the ball.

Hwang shows industry which actually got him the goal by hustle in the build up and not just falling over. Neto was busy as well. Was pretty much in 1v1 and Podence had 3 opportunities to put through but declined them all and lost it the clown.

Back 5 was a disaster as I alluded to earlier. Thought we might go and win after the equaliser so to lose it is a sickener.

Firstly we’re in this until the end you simply don’t pull away with a side that is so inept in front of goal.
It absolutely could be us that goes down whilst we’ve got some good players we’re littered with numerous players way past it way to inconsistent.
If you keep getting your starting selections wrong you’ll lose a hell of a lot.
If you’re Saints, Leeds or Bournemouth looking at us today you’d be confident to catch us.

Well, it sure aint gonna make any difference but when Raul went in against Pope, i thought the contact was marginal, Raul was looking for it and was a bit limp when he went down. If that had been against us we'd all have been saying that was a bit shit.
Lemina seemed to disappear in the 2nd half.
Nunes didn't do much, certainly not outstanding.
But for the first time I actually thought that Kilman was desperately scared to death of the ball. 'Don't hold it just nudge it away to someone nearby and if there isn't anyone I'll pass it back to Sa. Really scared and lacking in confidence. Needs resting.

I can get with the formation changes distrupting us but this is appalling from Kilman

Edit - topped off with a flap of the arms to blame someone else
Getting really really tired of this from him. Absolute refusal to take responsibility or step forward and show some fucking backbone.

He looked like he was going to shit himself more than once when he had the ball and was being closed down. Which considering its meant to be his overriding strength is not a great sign.

I know captaincy doesn't mean much to a lot of people now but him of all people being given it was a joke.

Howe said he had no recollection of the penalty incident (yeah right) then in the next breath says he didn't think it was one. Fucking lying prick
I look forward to the day he gets the chop. Make your own jokes.

Thought Adama was ok today, massively better than Podence. I also thought he was hampered by a lack of bodies in the box, not much a wide forward can do if he's beaten his man and sees a box full of defenders and no attackers.

Moutinho was fine today, though it was probably Lemina's poorest game.

Thought RAN was poor when he came on and the less said about Collins the better.

Back