• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It's a little more subtle than his last effort tbf

im new to the forum,so forgive me if this has been said before.
granted i only seen 5 or 6 matches live on tv,but i always thought wolves were very good to watch under lage,yes,still couldnt score.
but just saying.
anyone else think they were good to watch under lage?
at the mo they are far from good to watch.

i have been looking rid of neves for few years now,as in my opinion he has his mind on big move constantly.
why does he keep getting man of match,or top score for wolves players on bbc after match stats.
like what the f..k does he do? if his name was jeff jones(or something plain like that) and he wasnt so handsome i dont think he would get as much plaudits.
You're entitled to your opinion but quite frankly this is nonsense, the reason he gets regular motm awards from unbiased sources is that he's regularly the best player, simple as. If you can't see what he does then I watch football differently to you.

To be fair I’m still suffering after taking advantage of the pre-match hostelries of Newcastle, so my match review would be slightly hazy. But getting rid of Neves is the wind-up post of the year. I presume from his previous posts he’d like him to be replaced by Hodge?

Last edited:
i have been looking rid of neves for few years now,as in my opinion he has his mind on big move constantly.
why does he keep getting man of match,or top score for wolves players on bbc after match stats.
like what the f..k does he do? if his name was jeff jones(or something plain like that) and he wasnt so handsome i dont think he would get as much plaudits.

Seek help.

Got to say his grammar and punctuation is pretty good for an Albion fan.

Well we can all look forward to the pointless PGMOL apology I guess. How wonderful.

What are you, my burner account?

Doesn't look like a 6/10 reply though.

Geordie here, still in peace and not on the wind up or owt.

Pope is incredibly lucky not to see red and give up a penalty. No excuses, no explanations, just terrible refereeing.

Thought we played well, and performance alone think we deserved the win. But the shadow of the Pope brainfart looms large.

Hope everyone who came up had a good time regardless of the result.

On the balance of play you probably deserved it but luck was on your side. Whether that be the penalty incident, the free kick for the first goal, the deflection for the winner or our manager changing systems when we were on top of the game.
I was impressed with your pressing after you went 2-1 up, we barely got into your half afterwards.

perhaps they are seeing what im seeing?
Something like this?

On the balance of play you probably deserved it but luck was on your side. Whether that be the penalty incident, the free kick for the first goal, the deflection for the winner or our manager changing systems when we were on top of the game.
I was impressed with your pressing after you went 2-1 up, we barely got into your half afterwards.

From my point of view it looked like you changed things to try and manage fitness and maybe counter the changes we were making? Wilson and Almiron pose different challenges than Isak and ASM. I dunno though.

Not having a go, but I wanted to target Kilman more as he seemed a bit shaky whenever we pressed him. Knew that Hwang would score, what's he got now, 3 in 4 against us?

Back