• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

WHY DO WE HAVE A SYSTEM WHERE WE ACTIVELY AVOID GETTING THE RIGHT DECISION!?

Yes I’m shouting, pissing me right off. We have the ability to get decisions right but are avoiding it for this “clear and obvious” bullshit.

They said mimimal interference, maximum benefit, when it’s the complete opposite. You could get over interference if the decisions were correct but we get all the messing around but still get it wrong. It’s really not hard. “Was the game changing decision correct or not”, that is all I want every week. If he goes and has another look and still sticks to his decision, fine. At least you then know the decision the referee has made, and if it’s turns out it was a shocker then he has no excuse and he will be accountable.

We keep going round in circles and repeating ourselves but it shouldn’t be this difficult and this much of a mess

It's illogical,the bloke 60 yds away should have given a penalty, but the one with as many views and as much time as he wants shouldn't.

It's illogical,the bloke 60 yds away should have given a penalty, but the one with as many views and as much time as he wants shouldn't.
Is it just the VAR guy who gets to decide whether the ref needs to go and look at the footage?
It should be a combined effort. A ref that far from the incident should be able to say, I'm too far away I need to see the replays.

Exactly. They're in constant communication (they were pre-VAR, Sky released some audio of the English refs in the CL years ago) so it's a simple one. "Tony, I didn't have a great view there. Have a look if there's a possible case, if so I'll take a replay myself. If not then we'll play on".

The ref going to the screen is 95%+ of the time a pointless waste of time under our crappy system - they're basically giving whatever decision VAR has told them to give, but taking another 2-3 minutes of everyone's time to do so.

NFL will have the "sky judge" overrule calls on the field without needing input from the refs. Things like ball spotting, time on the clock, etc. Not everything, obviously.

It feels natural and sensible anytime an overrule happens. The only stopping it from doing the same in the Prem is PGMOL arrogance, simple as.

Whilst standing in the middle of the pitchdoing fuck all, shrugging their shoulders at the players saying they don’t know they are waiting for VAR. Just go and look at the monitor at the same time or at least standing fucking near it so we don’t have to wait for you to trundle over to it

The frustration for me is that decisions are subjective, where we have seen so many soft decisions given for teams, especially penalties, but we seem to be a team that gets nothing given even when it’s very clear a challenge and heavy contact has been made and our player has gone down.

You then get shit like we heard last week, like ‘he went down easy’…..’he instigated the challenge’….’he was initiating the contact’ like our players have got no right to be there and should be embarrassed about it when they’ve been mullered!

In addition, all you then hear on SM, twitter and forums are debates about these incidents and VAR instead of the performances on the pitch, followed a few days later when some official statement comes out supporting our claim and that we were unlucky not to get the correct decision

These crap decisions are game changers, costing possible points in the league or wins through to the next stage of a cup generating revenue for the club.

I’m not after any special treatment over any other team in this league, but I challenge anyone who says that the challenges made on Guedes against Arsenal, Nunez against Forest and Raul last week wouldn’t have been looked at more closely at the time if it were another team and secondly would have resulted in penalties in 99% of cases.

It’s hard when these decisions are constantly made not to think about corruption, big 6 bias or incompetence, when all teams want including us is consistency and fairness.

In these terms they say that you make your own luck, but in a fair proportion of our games we have had practically none whether we deserve any or not

They will come in handy in May...

17) Wolves P 38 Pts 39 GD -13 PGMOL Apologies 3
-----------------------------
18) Leeds P 38 Pts 39 GD -13 PGMOL Apologies 2

The frustration for me is that decisions are subjective, where we have seen so many soft decisions given for teams, especially penalties, but we seem to be a team that gets nothing given even when it’s very clear a challenge and heavy contact has been made and our player has gone down.

You then get shit like we heard last week, like ‘he went down easy’…..’he instigated the challenge’….’he was initiating the contact’ like our players have got no right to be there and should be embarrassed about it when they’ve been mullered!

In addition, all you then hear on SM, twitter and forums are debates about these incidents and VAR instead of the performances on the pitch, followed a few days later when some official statement comes out supporting our claim and that we were unlucky not to get the correct decision

These crap decisions are game changers, costing possible points in the league or wins through to the next stage of a cup generating revenue for the club.

I’m not after any special treatment over any other team in this league, but I challenge anyone who says that the challenges made on Guedes against Arsenal, Nunez against Forest and Raul last week wouldn’t have been looked at more closely at the time if it were another team and secondly would have resulted in penalties in 99% of cases.

It’s hard when these decisions are constantly made not to think about corruption, big 6 bias or incompetence, when all teams want including us is consistency and fairness.

In these terms they say that you make your own luck, but in a fair proportion of our games we have had practically none whether we deserve any or not
When you compare rugby to football var, in rugby the referees,assistants, and video staff talk to each other and as we can all listen to it fans (and rest of media)and are treated as adults, weather you agree or disagree you know the process, thoughts and discussions thst go into making .
Football on the other hand since day one of VAR being introduced, we are all under the one umbrella considered as unable to understand the process incase we cause a riot/ disturbance in the ground and not to be trusted to take in and reflect rationally on a decision that goes against your team.
From that fundamental principle they have tied themselves in knots and bullshit.
If the equivalent of that decisions had happened in rugby (and other sports) the ref would have said, I am too far away to make a decision lets have a look at it as a team together. But if you tie yourselves up in knots and protocol, (because you think fans are hooligans and morons) then you get that nonsense decision.

Yet the deluded Geordies are still saying it wasn't a penalty and that Raul 'initiated the contact'.
Yes because it legitimises their win in their thick heads, as if it had been given it would have been a completely different game.

When you compare rugby to football var, in rugby the referees,assistants, and video staff talk to each other and as we can all listen to it fans (and rest of media)and are treated as adults, weather you agree or disagree you know the process, thoughts and discussions thst go into making .
Football on the other hand since day one of VAR being introduced, we are all under the one umbrella considered as unable to understand the process incase we cause a riot/ disturbance in the ground and not to be trusted to take in and reflect rationally on a decision that goes against your team.
From that fundamental principle they have tied themselves in knots and bullshit.
If the equivalent of that decisions had happened in rugby (and other sports) the ref would have said, I am too far away to make a decision lets have a look at it as a team together. But if you tie yourselves up in knots and protocol, (because you think fans are hooligans and morons) then you get that nonsense decision.
In Rugby League the decision is made by the onfield referee (in consultation with the touch judges) who then asks (if the onfield referee wants assurance) for clarification. The onfield referee will also specify what needs to be clarified (offside, grounding, foot in touch, obstruction, etc). So the video referee has to find compelling evidence to overturn the onfield call. The system is designed to support the onfield referee's decision.

Yet the deluded Geordies are still saying it wasn't a penalty and that Raul 'initiated the contact'.
Own team bias. A good indicator is normally what fans who have no interests say.

Last edited:
Back