• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Overall not good enough from all of the starting XI, performance and in-game decisions. Ref was garbage first half, but we expect that nowadays.

A poor day all round. Even our goal was fortunate with the Trippier slip gifting it to Hwang. We never looked like scoring otherwise.

Kilman needs dropping for a spell and Cunha needs playing. We can't keep relying on Jimenez on his own up top as it just doesn't work. Oh and Neto needs to play as much as possible too.

Last edited:
Bye Pod.

Hopefully might have a few agreeing when I suggest dropping Kilman in next thread. Coward and a liability.

Wrote a whole half of football off. Do not want to see Adama start a game from now until game 38. He is an impact sub at best.

Think we will still have enough to stay up but people in other threads need to take stock we don't "comfortably have enough to pull away" as we don't score enough goals. We are in this until the very end but until we are at 38 points we can't relax.

Corruption at it's finest, no one will ever convince me this English football is not corrupt

Fucked over by the officials, fucked off with the performance.

JL threw that away but the players by and large were dreadful.

I'd have taken a point beforehand. Only one winner when Hwang equalised but the change in system utterly fucked us. Ref an absolute disgrace of course. We can feel hard done by. Again.

Minuses - Kilman, Jimenez
Pluses - Neto, Sa

When you're under pressure you need decent holdup play to get out. Raúl is simply done and it hangs the team out to dry.

Our players simply aren't good enough, by and large. We just have to scrape points when we can now.

Wrong starting line up.
Wrong substitutions.

Inexplicable that he left Raul on for the whole game and our record signing couldn’t get on the pitch.

Ignoring the shocking call in the first half (we should have had a pen and they should have been down to ten men), that’s a really bad day at the office for Lop.

Last edited:
Corruption at it's finest, no one will ever convince me this English football is not corrupt
Genuinely intrigued to hear your theory on the corruption against Wolves and why it is?

Fantastic to see the usual post loss pile on.

Nobody got anything to say about how we should've had a pen and they should've had 2 sent off before they scored from a dodgy free kick?
I'm not saying your wrong because you're not. Another day the ref gives us the decisions and we win.

However, the stuff we can control was awful.

When you're under pressure you need decent holdup play to get out. Raúl is simply done and it hangs the team out to dry.

Our players simply aren't good enough, by and large. We just have to scrape points when we can now.
That’s not on Raul, he had no one near him. The literally only reason to play Pod was for him to get close to Raul. That’s not Adama’s game.

Fantastic to see the usual post loss pile on.

Nobody got anything to say about how we should've had a pen and they should've had 2 sent off before they scored from a dodgy free kick?
2 sendings off is abit fanciful. Pope 100% mind.

Pretty sure during the build up thread the penalty etc has been mentioned. But still we were poor for large periods of that game

That’s not on Raul, he had no one near him. The literally only reason to play Pod was for him to get close to Raul. That’s not Adama’s game.
It is on Raúl at least to an extent, even if he doesn't have an immediate layoff available that's exactly the point; he needs to fight for the ball in those situations and try to bring anyone else in, and instead he gives up, flops to the ground, moans at the ref, and we're right back under pressure.

It infuriates me. It's weak as shit.

VAR was shit. Raul should've both had a penalty and given one away, and I think Semedo was lucky to still be on the pitch.

Julen's starting line up was wrong, as was the change to five at the back. Jonny marking Isak is brain dead

Kilman, Jonny, Lemina, Podence, Raul all fucking terrible. Nobody really any better than 'ok', and some of them are generous.

We create fuck all, and look genuinely panic-stricken when we're being ran at with the ball, or pressed with intensity

It is on Raúl at least to an extent, even if he doesn't have an immediate layoff available that's exactly the point; he needs to fight for the ball in those situations and try to bring anyone else in, and instead he gives up, flops to the ground, moans at the ref, and we're right back under pressure.

It infuriates me. It's weak as shit.
He literally got taken out when he would have scored. The referee is absolutely to blame.

In theory we have a plethora of midfielders but look like we have no midfield.
Most of the goals we have actually scored 'just happen', own goals, flukes and deflections.
We rarely construct or create anything.

Back