• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle v Wolves (A) Part 1: Build Up

Do you think Zenga will attack the cup, or play some new lads/fringe players/kids?

He will make changes and could easily send out a different 11 and the majority of them will have a League game under their belt already this season.

How do you think Wolves are going to fare this season, what's your aims/expectations etc. ?

I honestly don't know yet! I don't know enough about most of our new signings, and they've yet to click so it's really hard to judge.

Who are the players we should pay special attention to?

Bodvarsson looks excellent, and I'm hoping Cavaleiro starts to show a bit of what he can do sooner rather than later.

What's the new manager like?

I like him - he's got plenty of charisma but to echo everyone else's thoughts, he's got to stop the crazy rotation when it's clear that the players are suffering with it. No-one has a clue what our best XI is, I can understand that it takes time and the best place to gauge opinion is when it matters - during a match. But it's having a detrimental effect and we badly need a bit of stability. As with the new signings, still way too early to judge Zenga.

What do you reckon of Newcastle's transfer business?

Some quality signings, some money spent on utter dross but still more than enough to return to the top flight at the first attempt.

Where do you reckon we'll end up?

You'll win the league quite easily I reckon. Newcastle being in the Championship is like when we were in League 1. You shouldn't be here, you're down here due to awful mis-management and players who don't give a $#@! but you've got far too much quality for this league. We got 103 points in L1. I can see Newcastle doing similar in the Championship. Just a shame you've got the Fat Spanish Waiter in charge. I can't stand the man.

All the best for the season, sir.

Guessing the dross is Hanley and Clark? Hard to argue that they're much more than bang average players, but we desperately needed bodies and they're decent at this level, especially when played amongst better players.

What's the beef with Benitez? I understand Chelsea fans aren't keen, neither are Everton fans, but never heard a neutral have a problem with him. (I'll happily admit to bias on this :) ).

Saiss is crocked for sure reading between the lines of the vid interview on the OS.
I like Walt but i'm not sure 100% if that's because he talks the talk , after so much bollocks from KJ and Saunders.
He has to have some idea of his best 9 right now if not his current best 11, and frankly has to stop fucking about and start getting a team out there who know what they are supposed to do and can do it from the kick off.
One more wasted first 45 minutes and i will be pissed off.

Guessing the dross is Hanley and Clark? Hard to argue that they're much more than bang average players, but we desperately needed bodies and they're decent at this level, especially when played amongst better players.

What's the beef with Benitez? I understand Chelsea fans aren't keen, neither are Everton fans, but never heard a neutral have a problem with him. (I'll happily admit to bias on this :) ).

Yeah I've always thought Clark was awful - watch him score tomorrow now I've said that :icon_lol:

Ever since Benitez first infected the Premier League with his arrogance, astounding lack of respect, terrible attitude towards anyone else, I've always loathed him. I think he's a classless oaf. He was a perfect fit for Chelsea. He's a bit like a foreign Glenn Hoddle, albeit someone who has actually won stuff and has some degree of managerial nous.

To any Newcastle fans reading this thread, cheers for Mike Williamson.

Yeah I've always thought Clark was awful - watch him score tomorrow now I've said that :icon_lol:

Ever since Benitez first infected the Premier League with his arrogance, astounding lack of respect, terrible attitude towards anyone else, I've always loathed him. I think he's a classless oaf. He was a perfect fit for Chelsea. He's a bit like a foreign Glenn Hoddle, albeit someone who has actually won stuff and has some degree of managerial nous.

This has genuinely shocked me, even before he took over at Newcastle I thought he was a decent bloke. Sure he was a bit undone with the whole "Facts" thing, but he never struck me as disrespectful or classless. Since he took over he's shown warmth, humility and a great deal of class, not just towards the fanbase, but the region, the opposition and so on. Was there a particular event that turned you against him? Not shit-stirring or owt, genuinely surprised and intrigued by this reaction?

This has genuinely shocked me, even before he took over at Newcastle I thought he was a decent bloke. Sure he was a bit undone with the whole "Facts" thing, but he never struck me as disrespectful or classless. Since he took over he's shown warmth, humility and a great deal of class, not just towards the fanbase, but the region, the opposition and so on. Was there a particular event that turned you against him? Not shit-stirring or owt, genuinely surprised and intrigued by this reaction?

Im surprised about you're over reaction to his over reaction tbh tbf....

Saiss is crocked for sure reading between the lines of the vid interview on the OS.
I like Walt but i'm not sure 100% if that's because he talks the talk , after so much bollocks from KJ and Saunders.
He has to have some idea of his best 9 right now if not his current best 11, and frankly has to stop fucking about and start getting a team out there who know what they are supposed to do and can do it from the kick off.
One more wasted first 45 minutes and i will be pissed off.

Yep definitely crocked, Williamson-lite in fact. Just a shame he played for the the u23's against Luton.

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/luton-town-wolves-andy-awford-3307452.aspx

Speaking of Williamson I'm surprised nobody has thanked our resident Magpie for ol' lame horse ;)

so, when is Boukari back then? ;)

Speaking of Williamson I'm surprised nobody has thanked our resident Magpie for ol' lame horse ;)

To any Newcastle fans reading this thread, cheers for Mike Williamson.

Read much?... :icon_wink:

-----------------------------

Fish - Another player of ours to look out for is Dominic Iorfa at RB. He's first choice for England U21s and is a tall athletic player who's long legs eat up the ground when running back or bombing forward. Whether he gets a chance to do the latter against you is another matter when he's having to deal with Ritchie. We'll be lucky to keep hold of him long term as Prem teams will no doubt try and sign him within the next 12 months.

I had Newcastle down for top two at the start of the season and have no reason to change my mind on that now you are finding your feet in the league. Goals get you out of this league and you have those in abundance. I've always liked Ritchie and Gayle. Hanley is solid enough at this level, but Clark is shite. Diame I also like
and Murphy will always be reliable at this level.

Zenga is likely to make plenty of changes for the cup game on Tuesday, and he's still trying to find his best team in the league so could potentially make 3 or 4 changes again for Saturday after the shocking performance against Barnsley on Tuesday night.

Never knew that, but he got a half of the game it seems hardly Olympic standard yet is it?. Dicko has been playing for the 23's for weeks and is still not that close.

Not to be pedantic but Olympic standard is under 23 with a maximum of three senior players.... But I digress ;)

Have to agree with the 'can't stand benitez' piece - the mans an arrogant moron who wastes massive amounts of money on pure rubbish (years of crap at Liverpool) and then feels hard done by when he doesn't achieve the targets expected.

Newcastle should walk the league this year, but a lot of the new signings aren't good enough for the prem when they get there and will have to be replaced.

Need to open with our 'most impressive' starters so far this season on the pitch from the off

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Stearman - Borthwick Jackson

Price - Coady

Costa - Mason - Cavaleiro

Bodvarssen

Not sure thats its enough away at St James Park, but probably the best we can do (I'm assuming that Saiss is not fit/ready to be involved)

They may be a bit complacent after a 6 goal hammering of QPR & we may be smarting after getting our pants pulled down by Barnsley

Have predicted a draw & will be happy if we achieve that.

Stearman was diabolical in that last 20 minutes on Tuesday, way worse than anything Hause has ever produced at centre half in a Wolves shirt. He looked like well....Richard Stearman on a bad day, of which there are always many.

we need quality CB's, when is williamson fit btw?

Stearman was diabolical in that last 20 minutes on Tuesday, way worse than anything Hause has ever produced at centre half in a Wolves shirt. He looked like well....Richard Stearman on a bad day, of which there are always many.

Can put Hause into my team instead of Stearman - not sure that it makes it better or worse

For some reason there was a kind of mass epiphany in Wolverhampton around January 2015 and it was decreed that flinging yourself around because you've managed to get yourself wildly out of position or made a pretty basic error was actually good defending. I must have been away that day because to me it still looks pretty desperate and substandard.

I've seen nothing in Stearman's first two games of this spell to suggest it was a good idea to bring him back here. We didn't look solid at the back with him and Batth before at this level and we don't look solid with the pair of them there now. Fulham have been happy to hand him back to us for nothing for a good reason.

Back