• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 1/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Quite the big game.

Win and we're through the 30 point barrier, effectively five points clear of Forest with games running out. Draw doesn't help either team that much, them even less so. Lose and we're bang in trouble.

They really are not a good team. I have seen them pick up points this season. I have never watched them this season and thought "Forest played well there". Make no mistake, they'll try to turn it into a war with their army of pricks. MGW is an aggy little cunt these days, Colback, Shelvey, Aurier, Worrall and Yates have always been wankers. We're a better side than them, go and show it. Front foot stuff too - we're no good at holding teams and then hitting them second half, à la peak Nuno.

Their home form gets bigged up but it really isn't *that* good - it only stands out because they're so pathetic on the road.

------------------------------------Sa--------------------------------

Semedo-----------------Dawson------------Collins----------Ait-Nouri

--------------------------------Lemina---------------------------------

-----------------------Gomes-------------Neves-------------------------

--------------------------Sarabia-------Neto-----------------------------

--------------------------------Cunha-------------------------------------

2022/23: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2021/22: W 4-0 (A, LC)
2017/18: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)

I have a deep anxiety about this game. I have a feeling that if we lose it will be the catalyst to self destruction and we'll go down.

Nunes for Gomes and I would go for that team. Can see Gomes's added bite being helpful tho

I have a deep anxiety about this game. I have a feeling that if we lose it will be the catalyst to self destruction and we'll go down.
I'm fairly zen about that aspect of it. If we go down then we'll deserve it on three counts:

a) We have spent nigh on three years being unable to score goals

b) After Spurs at home we'd put ourselves in a position where we should stay up. If we cock it up from there, that's our fault

c) Other teams (notably Albion, more than once) have got away with dreadful managerial appointments somehow, however in the majority of cases you will not. We retained Lage, I said it would be shit, we knew it would be shit, we left ourselves bottom of the league at Christmas because we kept that stupid wanker on for no reason. That is our fault

If we go down then I'll still be there in the Championship, not revelling in beating Rotherham and claiming "it's better", but there all the same. Ultimately the probability of us getting relegated over a 10 year span vastly outweighs the probability of us staying up for 10 straight years, and we're halfway through that cycle now.

Bueno for RAN if fit. The weekend is in line with the original prognosis

Collins v Kilman is a coin flip, they are both error pro on balance I'd keep Kilman in, rather than shuffling Dawson over

Lemina and Neves as a 2.

Cunha, Neto and Sarabia in behind/narrowly to the side of Raul

It's not errors with Kilman (although he does make them, lots), it's that he is the most passive centre half in the entire league. I've had enough of him drifting through games and just letting stuff happen around him.

Also he's in the Maguire circle of someone once told him he was good on the ball, he believed it and now we all have to pay. He is shit at playing the ball out.

Keeping Lage was like a boxer inexplicably tying one hand behind his back and still expecting to compete. That said after Spurs things looked pretty healthy yet we’ve managed to drag ourselves back into a very dangerous position.

Massive game coming up and we need to be positive and keep our heads. I’d be tempted to start Nunes ahead of Gomes as he looks a little wild at the best of times and I can see him flying into tackles a little too robustly. Given our luck with refs lately if there’s any doubt in front of a hostile crowd he’ll pick up a red card.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Sarabia Neves Lemina Neto
Cunha
Raul
RAN for Bueno if he isn’t fit.
Happy for Nunes to come in for Lemina.

Just not 3 DMs please or Moutinho as a #10. We have largely been rubbish when we’ve played that way.

Although as long as we don’t beat ourselves we should be fine with anything that’s not bat shit mental.

Just not 3 DMs please or Moutinho as a #10. We have largely been rubbish when we’ve played that way.

Although as long as we don’t beat ourselves we should be fine with anything that’s not bat shit mental.
Big fucking ask from us lately, innit 😂

Red card rescinded.
I've not been able to find a reason. Presumably the implication is that he had every right to remonstrate, because Adama was fouled and the officials missed it.

It's not errors with Kilman (although he does make them, lots), it's that he is the most passive centre half in the entire league. I've had enough of him drifting through games and just letting stuff happen around him.

Also he's in the Maguire circle of someone once told him he was good on the ball, he believed it and now we all have to pay. He is shit at playing the ball out.
This is what annoys me, I say annoy it drives me fucking mad

This is what annoys me, I say annoy it drives me fucking mad
What gets me is that he's capable of it; with Coady shouting instructions at him he was brilliant.

People have a go at Adama for his speed of thought, but Kilman is even slower than that. He's never got a clue where to be.

What gets me is that he's capable of it; with Coady shouting instructions at him he was brilliant.

People have a go at Adama for his speed of thought, but Kilman is even slower than that. He's never got a clue where to be.
I'm not sure its that - just seems like he doesn't ever want to take a risk, its borderline cowardice, almost as if he thinks 'if you don't try then you can't make a mistake'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back