• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottm Forest 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Have any of the highlights shown their penalty shout yet?

The football league show had the penalty shout in, also ikeme's dodgy backpass, afobe and dickos first half chances and manciennes shot (where did that come from btw?!)

Cheers lads. Will take a look.

Bit late but here goes.

First 25 minutes you could see Forest were pretty pumped up for a game that they thought could keep their playoff hopes alive. They pressed a lot and were diving into tackles all over the pitch but really didnt create any chances of note in that period (even Manciennes effort that hit the post was somewhat speculative and from long range). After the first 25 we were able to get it down more and came much more into the game, but in truth i thought both sides struggled with the conditions in the first half.

Obviously we got a great start to the second half with Afobe's goal, during which you could see their defenders were terrified of his pace and from the stands you could also see how great a finish it was. After that goal i thought we really controlled the game in the second half and were comfortable. Sako vs Mancienne was embarrassing too as for about 15 minutes in the second half he beat him at will, which eventually lead to the peno, which Lansbury should have at least had a second yellow for. I was a little annoyed we conceeded late on because we were in such control i thought we deserved a clean sheet. Special mention too for Iorfa, he was fantasic vs antonio, to the extent that antonio resorted to diving, whinging at the ref, switching sides and holding his ribs sulking the entire second half. Great atmos too, esp in the 2nd half.

Also RE. the forest forum, its amazing how many teams have had their "worst game of the season" against "average wolves". Also they seem to think they should have had a peno when Akprom ran into batth, fell over, then someone rolled him the ball....

Well we don't seem to boss games, do we? Maybe that's why we appear to be average. But as long as we score more goals than the other side I couldn't care less what it looks like.

Haven't seen these posted yet. Doesn't get all of Afobe's run, unfortunately.

That tackle on Sako for the pen is an absolute shocker. He should be walking and then some for that.

I'm happy that Lansbury wasn't sent off and look forward to him smashing in a couple of 25 yard screamers at Brentford on Monday.

Haven't seen these posted yet. Doesn't get all of Afobe's run, unfortunately.

That tackle on Sako for the pen is an absolute shocker. He should be walking and then some for that.

Try #56

What a difference from the last time we played at Forest eh. Glad the full-backs had good games as they are vitally important in the last few games. The Mac/Price partnership is settled. We have a top three in Sako/Dicko and Afobe. A settled side and a good defensive unit. Might be interesting in the next few weeks. Good times.

Back