• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottm Forest 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Hamlet

Reaction score
You know a bit back when I said I didnt feel confident about getting into the playoffs? I am a little more optimistic now! Frustrating that the teams around us are in form too but I didnt expect Wolves to do this well especially facing teams like Forest and Derby!

Afobe though....what a beautiful goal! Horrible defending but a beautiful goal!

Title edited. Is it that hard to write out a proper title?

Title edited. Is it that hard to write out a proper title?

Tried to edit it after I posted it but couldn't, unless I missed something! (EDIT: Yup, the advanced button...)

i thought we were done for a draw here but, very good win! i want a bournemouth win against ipswich...knowing mick and his teams luck with late goals i bet they will win in the 90th min

Brilliant brilliant result. This is on. Come on me babbies.

Suspect that a top 2 is a point or two to far for us (unless all of Bournmouth, Watford & Boro go on a losing streak) so wins for Bournemouth & Watford tonight will aid us.

Out for most of the game & looking forward to seeing Afobe's goal which clearly changed the game

Suspect that a top 2 is a point or two to far for us (unless all of Bournmouth, Watford & Boro go on a losing streak) so wins for Bournemouth & Watford tonight will aid us.

Out for most of the game & looking forward to seeing Afobe's goal which clearly changed the game

Very odd Peter.
He got the ball inside our half in the middle of the pitch and set off running. Imagine it was a training session and he had to run from there, get to the edge of the box and still running "...when you get to the box, fire into a corner...".
Which is exactly what he did.

The fact that he was literally surrounded by a posse of 4 Forest players, all running as fast as him, all not making a tackle then his low fast shot rifled into the net past a despairing Darlow's extended right hand as he flung himself heroically to his right, only inches away from it, had nothing to do with it. Superb solo goal.

It's the 3rd of April. Unless someone does something brilliant, you've just seen the Goal of the Month!

Ratings:

Ikeme - Had a solid game apart from his early heavy touch. Much more assured than Kuzszak - 7

Iorfa - Kept Antonio in check nicely. So much that they switched him over to the right later in the game. Good performance - 7

Golbourne - Usual good mix of solidity in defence and going forward in support. Couple of tasty crosses - 7

Batth - Coped ok with the tricky wet pitch but as a result didn't seem as assured as usual. Good headers though - 6

Stearman - Similar to Batth really. Conditions made it tricky for both CBs - 6

Henry - Not much to say other than kept the forward play ticking over. Didn't have Doherty to link up with which helps him out - 6

Sako - Was very quiet first half due to a weird narrow role. Once we scored he came into the game though and got down the left well causing them plenty of problems. Good dancing around and run to win the pen and took it nicely - 7

Price - Reasonable game. Kept their central players quiet enough. Caught up the pitch once but not punished for it - 6

McDonald - Another really good game. Best player on the field today IMO. Moved the ball well, ran with it, good passing. My POTS at this point in time - 8 & MOTM

Dicko - Not much in the way of chances apart from his follow up that was cleared off the line. Ran the channels well enough though - 6

Afobe - Moves defenders around well and had them all over the place with his run and goal. Nice tidy finish too - 7

Subs:

Edwards - Played well I thought. Good call from Kenny to switch back to 4-2-3-1 with him in his best role. Did his usual blend of harrying and getting forward with the ball - 7

Van La Parra - Slim pickings and didn't really create anything - 6

Doherty - Kenny's token defender sub near full-time. Probably to justify having three of the fuckers on the bench - N/A

"Lucky Lycan" strikes again. Another appearance and another win for Wolves..Keep up the good work Sam

Exceptional result. Shame to lose a goal at the end but if we keep winning then differential shouldn't be a problem.

This made me laugh on the Forest forum:

Not a great second half by any stretch but wolves will probably consider themselves fortunate for all three points.

Why was our Darlo playing in goal for them ???
A bit sneaky eh Mike.

First half was quite even with both sides having chances. Apart from a ten minute spell when Forest were on top, I thought we shaded it.

Second half we were the better side and deserved to win. Great solo goal by Afobe described well by Wolf Hunting above and Sako made monkeys of two defenders who pulled his shirt and then scythed him down with a thigh tackle in the box. He got up and placed the penalty into the lower corner of the net, with the goalie diving the wrong way.

The only downside for me was the replacing of Afobe with Doherty. WTF was that all about? Brought him on and we concede a goal. Coincidence? If KJ wanted another defender, why not EEL, a CB, rather than a third Full Back.
But for me, you don't just defend with defenders and we were doing fine as we were.

Brilliant three points and keeps the momentum going. COYW

Back