• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Nottm Forest: Verdict Thread

Part of your evaluation of a player especially when you are paying that amount of money should be their character though. Old ground as to why we didn't, but just another element to add to the failure of that deal

That's a failure of Wolves rather than the player though, and a gamble any club takes signing any player at that age. You aren't going to meet many 18 year olds that have got themselves that centred at such an early age that you could bet the farm on them, again Wolves' mistake. Making that gamble such an expensive one probably just makes it more likely to fail, with the extra pressure that sort of fee brings, than anything else.

That's a failure of Wolves rather than the player though, and a gamble any club takes signing any player at that age. You aren't going to meet many 18 year olds that have got themselves that centred at such an early age that you could bet the farm on them, again Wolves' mistake. Making that gamble such an expensive one probably just makes it more likely to fail, with the extra pressure that sort of fee brings, than anything else.
I’d imagine they’d look at multiple factors, also they’re family. Fabio’s dad hasn’t endeared himself either has he.

We all know it was a lot of money etc, a Shi project, all has been covered before.

I guess it’s even more annoying that we’ve paid that much money, for someone who doesn’t seem to have any real stand out quality. You get some young kids who everyone thinks are going to be ballers and go off the rails/injurys ruin them etc. I still don’t know what he’s actually really good at?

I mean I obviously don’t know Mr. Silva but he comes off as blatantly trying to continue his career vicariously through his son.

I guess it’s even more annoying that we’ve paid that much money, for someone who doesn’t seem to have any real stand out quality. You get some young kids who everyone thinks are going to be ballers and go off the rails/injurys ruin them etc. I still don’t know what he’s actually really good at?

This is the bit that will never make sense (Mendes and others getting a drink out of it does, I don't have to like it).

He's 21 and looks worse than Adam Proudlock did at that age, and I'm not even joking.

Even Nouble scored hatloads when he was the biggest kid on the pitch.

First few comments here show why we signed him I think.

Can't be bothered wasting much more bandwidth on ol' crocodile tears so will focus on today.

It all felt very Southgates England. Playing some shower of shit who were  always going to turn up with the plan they did. Our response was safe, boring shit.

Throw in a couple of below average individual performances (Toti in particular) a manager allergic to substitutions and gifting them a goal it was always going to be a long afternoon.

Our only moment of quality we carved them open at ease and scored. Our performances against non top-8 sides are all so very predictable and depressing win, lose or draw.

I'm also getting a red flag that after Burnley GoN acknowledged players are tired but isn't managing minutes either. Only Sa came in today and we didnt make a voluntary substitution until the 70th minute. So did he contribute to the above individual performances by not making changes to the starting XI or timely substitutions?

First few comments here show why we signed him I think.

I admit I was excited about his arrival, seemed perfect as understudy to Raul but unfortunately he had to take over far too early.

We wanted to be excited about him more than anything.

We wanted to be excited about him more than anything.
Disagree. The majority had heard of him, and he was being touted as a major prospect. It was an exciting signing, quite a bold one. Unfortunately, feels like Ail Dia 2.0

Obviously times have changed, we’ve slid down the table and don’t occupy where we did when we signed him. Coupled with the ‘financial fair play’ tightening on signings, the fact we haven’t had a decent striker (out and out) since Raul, he’s basically a poster boy for why we didn’t solidly top half/push on

You'd think we'd takenba hiding off Bristol Rovers reading this thread.

Fair enough, it was dull though. A decent number of games tend to be, whoever you support

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say you should double check your autocorrects.
Sorry I was pissed and its just misspelling of his name which is ignorant on my part - Wangi Chan is just how I say it not how its spelt of course. I still see his name spelt Whang Hee-Chan and alternatively Hee Chan Wang. As a Wolves fan I should know. Apologies!

That aside, I was extremely frustrated by the diving yesterday and he was dreadfully ineffective but yet he pops up with vital goals.

Sorry I was pissed and its just misspelling of his name which is ignorant on my part - Wangi Chan is just how I say it not how its spelt of course. I still see his name spelt Whang Hee-Chan and alternatively Hee Chan Wang. As a Wolves fan I should know. Apologies!

That aside, I was extremely frustrated by the diving yesterday and he was dreadfully ineffective but yet he pops up with vital goals.
And still pissed this morning by the looks of things by posting from a sock puppet account.

That'll see you banned Reans

When you post originally from your one account and then reply from your other then it's a very short episode of Columbo to do the detective work
I've bought a new laptop and recently re-joined this group when I had my old one. I've never knowingly done that, all mods have to do is delete one account. I've not used different names upon registration. Maybe I posted from my phone and that has my old details? I didn't even type in my username and password, it auto does it for you from whatever your posting from.

FFS I'm not trying purposely to have 2 accounts, I'm 61 and admittedly not I.T. savvy. Am I using the two accounts to prove an argument? Any dummy can see not. If I am trying to be deceptive, would I post using one name and respond using the other? As you say, gives the game away somewhat doesn't it.

And you and 2 others want me banned for that! What a friendly accommodating bunch.

Last edited:
Back