• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Nottm Forest: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Below par performance and a point is the most we deserved. Midweek games possibly an issue but we lacked any real tempo or impetus other than the 25 min spell at the end of the second half.

Let them score with their first shot on goal and that made it hard work all afternoon with the way they set up. Huffed and puffed a bit at the end too but never threatened really and misplaced passes all over the place.

Injuries are starting to go against us. Hope Lemina isn't hamstring.

Last edited:
When we get the ball in wide areas we create space in the middle that, even when Traore or someone got there, went totally unexploited.

Pretty mystifying.

Still, another point to tally. Things not quite clicking up top but hopefully addressable.

Rubbish. Not convinced by the coaching staff at all. Vacates the middle of the pitch, lack depth in attack. Only good move all game led to a goal
TBF Gon has lifted us from a much worse scenario

Awful really but twas ever thus against the shit teams. 4231 is the way forward but we just don't have the personnel to play with a back 4.

The shape is fine IMO, its our understanding of how to use it that is lacking. We create threatening situations and then ignore them.

You put RAN and Neto back in this team and we smash them today, we don't need to change formation, we just need to get our best players on the pitch.
My thoughts exactly. We look like a team missing their two most creative players

Proper wank all round. Tactically shocking, formation wasn't working but he kept it, subs were fucking useless, absolutely no patterns of attacking play or third man runs. Passing was at a ponderous pace and pathetically safe and obvious. Who gives a fuck if we nudge 70% possession if we don't create anything? We shouldn't be playing in a back 5 without RAN, he's the only wingback with any quality in the final third. Bueno, Toti, Hwang and Cunha were all terrible.

Now, having said that, GO's sub habits are trash.

Proper wank all round. Tactically shocking, formation wasn't working but he kept it, subs were fucking useless, absolutely no patterns of attacking play or third man runs. Passing was at a ponderous pace and pathetically safe and obvious. Who gives a fuck if we nudge 70% possession if we don't create anything? We shouldn't be playing in a back 5 without RAN, he's the only wingback with any quality in the final third. Bueno, Toti, Hwang and Cunha were all terrible.
I thought Cunha played really well and was comfortably our motm as Lemina wasn't able to complete the game

Opinions are like arseholes huh.

I hope the stampede for Bellegarde to start over Sarabia lessens after that "performance". Absolutely awful.

I thought Cunha played really well and was comfortably our motm as Lemina wasn't able to complete the game

Opinions are like arseholes huh.

I hope the stampede for Bellegarde to start over Sarabia lessens after that "performance". Absolutely awful.
We set the subs up to fail. JR was all over the pitch, didn't look like he had any idea where he was supposed to be. Boubacar a bit of the same but stayed central so the ball found him more. Doc... I mean there's no defending putting him on in the first place anymore. Moves at about 40% of the required pace. Looks a more horrendous signing with each appearance.

When we need a goal it seems like we (including Gary) panic a bit and just try to throw shit at the wall. It's hanging some of the players out to dry when they need to make a fast impact.

It’s blatantly obvious without RAN & Neto are creativity is vastly reduced (any clue when we’ll see them again)
If you play shit make sure you get something out of it which we have, if you’d offered me 4 points from these 2 games last Saturday I’d probably have taken it.
Still 10 points clear of the drop which is still very comfortable at this stage.

Leta face it, we dont have that many options right now..think we have done(or Gon) more than ok with this squad

Rubbish. Not convinced by the coaching staff at all. Vacates the middle of the pitch, lack depth in attack. Only good move all game led to a goal
You have some coaching degrees right? What would you do other than just critisise those in charge?

Back