• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Nottm Forest: Verdict Thread

Sasa has had game time over the last month, it's no coincidence to me that the games he's had more minutes in, we've struggled. We don't play to his strengths.

Screenshot_20231210_111224_Flashscore.jpg

Sorry I was pissed and its just misspelling of his name which is ignorant on my part - Wangi Chan is just how I say it not how its spelt of course. I still see his name spelt Whang Hee-Chan and alternatively Hee Chan Wang. As a Wolves fan I should know. Apologies!

That aside, I was extremely frustrated by the diving yesterday and he was dreadfully ineffective but yet he pops up with vital goals.
His surname is Hwang and his name is Heechan.

In Korea, the (one syllable) surname is written first and the (usually two syllable) name is written second. Hwang Heechan.

Because in the West we put the surname second, you will see some media outlets (and, indeed, the Wolves) put his name in that order - Heechan Hwang.

The same happens to Son (surname) Heungmin (name).

In Korea, the (one syllable) surname is written first and the (usually two syllable) name is written second. Hwang Heechan.

Because in the West we put the surname second, you will see some media outlets (and, indeed, the Wolves) put his name in that order - Heechan Hwang.

Thank you, and it is ignorance on my part in this instance, combined with a few tipples too many and tiredness and grumpiness.
No excuse, but i didn't actually mean any disrespect.

I've bought a new laptop and recently re-joined this group when I had my old one. I've never knowingly done that, all mods have to do is delete one account. I've not used different names upon registration. Maybe I posted from my phone and that has my old details? I didn't even type in my username and password, it auto does it for you from whatever your posting from.

FFS I'm not trying purposely to have 2 accounts, I'm 61 and admittedly not I.T. savvy. Am I using the two accounts to prove an argument? Any dummy can see not. If I am trying to be deceptive, would I post using one name and respond using the other? As you say, gives the game away somewhat doesn't it.

And you and 2 others want me banned for that! What a friendly accommodating bunch.
I think you've misunderstood, nobody wants to see you banned, just that having 2 accounts will get you banned as it has done recently with another poster.

The fact you got Hwang's name wrong is a completely different issue but Banjo has seen you right on that.

H
I don't think it's deliberate trolling, equally I don't think he gives a monkeys about optics anymore
He will not be our concern from January, he will probably be loaned out from January till the end of his contract. Can't see any massive fee coming in for him at all now.

I think you've misunderstood, nobody wants to see you banned, just that having 2 accounts will get you banned as it has done recently with another poster.

The fact you got Hwang's name wrong is a completely different issue but Banjo has seen you right on that.
Fair enough, I guess I will have to wait and see what the judge meters out to me. If I'm banned for unintentionally being conniving, I'm banned.

H

He will not be our concern from January, he will probably be loaned out from January till the end of his contract. Can't see any massive fee coming in for him at all now.
The only hope is whether Mendes gets another of his teams in the merry go round to overpay, without that I make you right.

I’ve heard that even the forename has rules? Think it’s something like:
Hee (personal name)
Chan (generational name)
Hwang (family name)

That true or apocryphal?

I'm sure City will end up winning this, but Luton are currently beating them, anybody can beat anybody in this league.
It's what makes football so good, City are fabulous to watch but it's good they're not getting their own way every game. They'll probably still win the league.

I’ve heard that even the forename has rules? Think it’s something like:
Hee (personal name)
Chan (generational name)
Hwang (family name)

That true or apocryphal?
Historically, yes. Siblings would share the same second syllable of the forename. But that's far less common these days. People just choose what's fashionable, meaning you now have outdated names that people might find old-fashioned (I guess the Korean equivalent of Keith and Gary).

There are only about 20 surnames, so people get more creative with the forenames these days, although they are usually two syllables still.

Last edited:
Back