• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Nottm Forest: Verdict Thread

Don't disagree with a word, but would add while being charged an absolute fortune for the privilege of watching it
Agree but thats not GO's fault is it so can't really blame him for that bit.

Sadly I doubt prices will go down but just have to hope the next VC at least starts to throw things back at the fans rather than always be on the take

IMG_6065.jpeg

Fabio has got to be trolling us at this point…

I don't think it's deliberate trolling, equally I don't think he gives a monkeys about optics anymore
He's just seriously immature, constantly pissing around with that twat Xavi Simons at PSV (at least he can cash the cheques he writes), dicking around when warming up, not listening properly when he's being brought on.

Even with our serious lack of threat today at no point did I even consider it might be an idea to use him. For everyone's good I hope he's in the Ex-Wolf thread (not the Loanee Thread) in the next 6-7 weeks.

I don’t understand why we didn’t play a back four today - Forest had no attacking threat at all really.

We just don’t have the full backs really for a five - Semedo is a decent full back but a no-good attacking wing back - he has no inclination to ever go past a player and slows every attack down. You know what’s coming every time.

Without RAN (a proper wing back) Bueno can do it in parts but hasn’t looked that great. Maybe lack of game time or fitness. And I’m far from convinced about Toti being any good at anything most of the time - I’ll be honest, to me he looks shit and average in equal measures.

Subs were wrong today - would have had Doyle on - our midfield was screaming for sone creativity - Lemina, Gomes and Bouba aren’t beautiful passers by nature - Doyle looks like he has that, at least.

We were passive, unimaginative and slow today - a point isn’t a disaster though. Another one towards our mid-table finish.

I think GON is actually doing the best he can with what he’s got. We lack a lot of quality. But we’re doing ok.

I’d still love to see us get a decent ball-playing CH, a new keeper (I’m fucking done with Sa - he’s shit) and would love a centre forward or at least a dangerous presence in the opposition box.

Oh, and I still fucking despise MGW - and he does for them what he continually did for us.

Fuck all.

He's just seriously immature, constantly pissing around with that twat Xavi Simons at PSV (at least he can cash the cheques he writes), dicking around when warming up, not listening properly when he's being brought on.

Even with our serious lack of threat today at no point did I even consider it might be an idea to use him. For everyone's good I hope he's in the Ex-Wolf thread (not the Loanee Thread) in the next 6-7 weeks.

In the context of football it's hard to disagree but in the wider picture of the world it's not exactly outrageous behaviour for a 21 year old is it? Most of us would've still be doing some stupid shit at that age. It's one of those factors that separates the successes from the failures though, can be talented as you like but you've got to have the right mindset to turn that ability into a sustained career and the case has steadily been building against Fabio in that respect.

It's got to take to pretty spectacular strength of character to be able to survive the pressures of top level sport at any age, let alone as young as many are expected to breakthrough these days, playing in front of tens of thousands, every social media post interrogated even more and all magnified under the lens of being grossly remunerated for the honour.

I'm sure we've all come across people at different times in our respective careers that have had the ability to do their jobs but either shirk responsibility or just plainly defy the rules because ultimately it's just not what they want to be doing. I've been in that mindset at times in the past either doing student jobs that I endured for a bit of spending money or where I've completely lost faith in my employer and failed to maintain my own standards as I should as result. I'd guess that's perhaps where Fabio is, professional football hasn't turned out to be a glorified life of constant kick abouts with your mates. He's not so able that he can skate through and he's shown multiple times his mentality can be pretty fragile even out on the pitch, who knows how quickly that side falls apart when he's outside of that environment.

Maybe without the big money move at a young age he could've quietly developed away from the limelight and had a decent career but I think the extra pressure from the money Wolves spent on him has broken him before he could really attempt to build up that side of his psyche. Sadly, he doesn't appear to be the sort who will rebuild himself in the shadows when his Wolves journey now inevitably comes to an end and I can see him drifting off to a mediocre career, living off his comfortable early wage.

It’s too late for “he’s a kid”. He’s had the excuse given for his behavior at least three times now.

He’s in and around the club every day, he’ll know exactly how the supporters feel about Morgan. He’ll have heard them jeer MGW today. He’ll have known that post would rile people.

He’s a kid, but he’s also a pot stirring pinhead.

It’s too late for “he’s a kid”. He’s had the excuse given for his behavior at least three times now.

He’s in and around the club every day, he’ll know exactly how the supporters feel about Morgan. He’ll have heard them jeer MGW today. He’ll have known that post would rile people.

He’s a kid, but he’s also a pot stirring pinhead.

I wasn't excusing anything but what he's done isn't out of the ordinary for someone his age, whether through malice or ignorance. What it does show though is where people need to exceed regular expectations in the high pressure world of top level sport. Not everyone has what it takes to succeed.

I wasn't excusing anything but what he's done isn't out of the ordinary for someone his age, whether through malice or ignorance. What it does show though is where people need to exceed regular expectations in the high pressure world of top level sport. Not everyone has what it takes to succeed.
Fair.

I can't help but wonder how different of a player he'd be if he had a better support structure in his life. Imagine having his dad as your, well, dad.

Part of your evaluation of a player especially when you are paying that amount of money should be their character though. Old ground as to why we didn't, but just another element to add to the failure of that deal

“There was a real desire to show who we really are — which is a team and a club that has progressed a lot over the two years,” said Cooper. “Although it will be a rocky road, I believe we will progress again this year.

“The fans were amazing; the noise they made — it did not feel like an away game with the noise they made and the players responded to that. They showed a lot of the positive things that we have created over the last two years.”

Not a clue what he was watching or listening to.

Fair.

I can't help but wonder how different of a player he'd be if he had a better support structure in his life. Imagine having his dad as your, well, dad.

Can't say as I know anything of his father or what support he has, obviously served him reasonably well to a point to get him to a prominent position through a very good youth system though. I do think the big jump to Premier League at such a young age and whilst so inexperienced has added huge pressure and exposed flaws that he probably wasn't even aware of previously.

He could've been in a very different place if he'd spent the last 3 years fairly under the radar with a couple of loans to midtable Portuguese clubs and then got himself on the bench for Porto getting a handful of goals as a sub. More structured exposure to a higher level of competition and scrutiny could've perhaps allowed him to build up a more resilient mentality than he appears to have now. He's still got plenty of time to make a good career for himself, it happens with people like Ricky Lambert, but it's got to be a hell of a lot harder to own that failure, take a big step back and really work on yourself to come back stronger. What we've seen so far doesn't give you much optimism to say that's what Fabio's future has in store for him.

Not a clue what he was watching or listening to.
He mouthed off at Gary during the handshakes. Not a clue what it could have been about. Real spoiled brat vibes.

Back