• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

How does that work? VAR already looked at it.
I don’t see a problem. I guess VAR check couldn’t see anything but they may find something with a more detailed viewing. If he did spit he deserves everything coming to him. If there’s no supporting evidence he’ll be cleared.

Depends on what the threshold is for him to be charged.

Automatic 6 game ban if proven.

Looks blatant so you couldn’t complain but at the same time I’m not sure there’s hard evidence.

The performance wasn't the best but I'm surprised at the level of negativity here to be honest. If the situation was reversed and we had just conceded a late goal to draw 1-1 at home to a relegation rival who looked hopeless there would be many saying it is a sure sign they are staying up because they can grind out results and we're the ones going down.

A point is okay, I'd have taken it beforehand. There are not many teams in good form at the bottom of the table, hence why we are all scrapping it out in a tight relegation battle.

Personally I think we will stay up still although Lopetegui does need to suss out his best team/system ASAP as right now there is a great deal of inconsistency in the selection and how we play.

Seen the Adama pen again and it’s exactly as I saw it live and not surprised it wasn’t given.

Gets ahead of him and then slows down and waits for the contact. Felipe doesn’t even make a challenge.

Thats never overturned. He should have just carried on running and tried to score a very presentable chance.

They used to be given in the early days of VAR but Salah doesn’t even get them any more.

Looking through Twitter everyone I follow who went doesn’t think was a pen either. And that’s the same as what the ref would have seen. Live in the moment just seeing a coming together. If Felipe dangles a leg or makes a motion to try and win the ball it’s a different question, but he doesn’t do as anything.

Look at Liverpools first goal just on MOTD. Far more contact from Akanji on Jota but he doesn’t just crumple to the floor. Plays on and they score.

Maybe Podence blew on him a la Lance Stephenson and LeBron James.

After seeing it again on MOTD you can see the jolt of Traore's body forwards from the impact on his backside/hip.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue against it. He's being pulled back by his right shoulder which is why he can't go on and score. The impact is immediately after that. Not sure what people are expecting of him in that situation.

A point. A shit but potentially valuable point. And Steve Cooper is an utter cunt who needs to be fired into the sun. The end.

He’s not pulling him back 🤣. Basically resting his arm on his shoulder.

Toti was all over Johnson before he eventually went down and that isn’t a pen.

There is contact between Traore and Felipe but no challenge is made. It’s a coming together, which Traore helps instigate by slowing down

It's the sort of pen that's always going to stay with the refs decision, I don't have a problem with that. I can see why it could be given, I can see why it wasn't. He had a decent view and made a call. Wasn't clear and obvious, would just be one persons opinion versus anothers, same as on here.

Don't want to have the Podence debate again, but having the 1 bloke who actually scores goals for us out for two thirds of the remaining games wouldn't be ideal. If Cooper is correct and there are images showing spit, then he will be and deservedly so. It'll also cement our reputation as being a team of arseholes and will get even less debatable decisions.

If there is clear evidence and the pictures I saw look pretty clear to me then he deserves everything he gets. Disgusting and that sort of thing is a stain on the club.

He’s not pulling him back 🤣. Basically resting his arm on his shoulder.
Agree, the arm on the shoulder wasn’t really slowing Traore’s momentum at that point, but it can’t be ignored and any contact like that is normally punished if the player goes down
Toti was all over Johnson before he eventually went down and that isn’t a pen.
He was, but at the critical moment Johnson decided to blatantly dive, which was clear and was rightly booked for.
There is contact between Traore and Felipe but no challenge is made. It’s a coming together, which Traore helps instigate by slowing down
For me this is the one I disagree with Punts (sorry!). A combination of the hand on the shoulder and nudge in the back/arse is a challenge and with Adama being in front of Felipe with that type of contact it’s highly likely most players would go down.
This ‘trying to instigate’ nonsense is starting to grate with me as it seems like we are only ones at the moment who are getting tarnished with it and costing us penalty opportunities, heard it with Raul at Newcastle, Nunes in the cup at Forest and now with Traore. It’s like we have no right to be in those positions and if we get bundled over it’s our fault.
So in terms of him slowing down, he doesn’t have the right to do that then?… perhaps he was slowing down to set himself for the shot which is equally feasible.

All in all this should have been enough for a penalty to be awarded, whether it’s converted is another matter, but these incidents over the course of the season must also be factored in to our performances and results

Our confidence looks shagged, but what a difference a converted penalty against a ten man Newcastle and again yesterday against Forest would have made to us.

Yes we can all agree this season has been a disaster and bound to get worse before it gets better but these fine margins are game changers and we’ve been on the wrong end of them in many cases

The contact doesn't force him over, he chooses to go over because of the contact. Kane does it all the time and gets penalties, but Adama has a choice

Just seen the penalty incident and the actions of the defender clearly bring Traore down. It’s a routine penalty.

Last edited:
Back