• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It’s now time to show early results were due to him rather than the players reacting positively to Lage going.
Now I don't think that's fair. Otherwise surely Davis would have got results, and he didn't.

Lopetegui has earned the good results, you don't get default new manager bounce.

Obviously, I understand that there will be patterns of play that are drilled and an overall ethos however that's a framework it doesn't stop players from taking responsibility.
Are you seeing patterns of play from us?

Now I don't think that's fair. Otherwise surely Davis would have got results, and he didn't.

Lopetegui has earned the good results, you don't get default new manager bounce.
Probably true but if the players are reverting back to how they were under Lage he isn’t blameless. I’m struggling to think of any team that has been successful constantly changing the lineup as much as we have lately.

Probably true but if the players are reverting back to how they were under Lage he isn’t blameless. I’m struggling to think of any team that has been successful constantly changing the lineup as much as we have lately.

We were poor for about 70% of the game today and the same vs Leeds, still nowhere near what Lage was serving up, not even close.

Lopetegui is getting stuff wrong for sure but he's got 18 points from less than half a seasons worth of games. If we go down Lage does get a big portion of the blame. 10 points at the world cup break is an abysmal return.

We were poor for about 70% of the game today and the same vs Leeds, still nowhere near what Lage was serving up, not even close.
But, Dawson, Lemina, Nunes, Cunha, Sarabia weren't there under Lage.
You keep banging on about how bad Lage was - that's fair enough, this twat is doing as bad with a massively improved squad.
Either the recruitment was crap or the tactics are. Which is it?
(Maybe it's both)

Obviously not as we would almost certainly have lost today but the fact remains we got ourselves into a good position and are in danger of throwing that away despite a big January spending spree.

How is he doing 'as bad'?

18 points from 14 vs 5 from 8 (and 10 from 15 if we add in Davis). If we ignore the appalling end to last season.

It isn't close, is it?

It's not banging on, Lage was appalling, arguably as bad as Saunders.

Recruitment has a major impact as well - looking at technically great players without considering what the squad really needs but that is a smaller contributor to having a charlatan as a manager for the start of this season.

I’m no Lage apologist but he was only in charge for 8 games and it wasn’t his fault he was kept on. He also had 6 points from those 8 games which weren’t the easiest set of fixtures.

If we go down we cannot blame Bruno Lage. He will be a part of it but Jeff Shi (the club) and JL will have bigger parts in the piece.

Last edited:
It's not banging on, Lage was appalling, arguably as bad as Saunders.

Recruitment has a major impact as well - looking at technically great players without considering what the squad really needs but that is a smaller contributor to having a charlatan as a manager for the start of this season.
Yes, that's history though. Lopetegui has had months at this stage, still doesn't know his best starting line up, debatable formations, debatable tactics and painful to watch.
I can watch, Brighton, Brentford, even Southampton and see what they're trying to do. With Wolves and Forest (as it happens) I can't.

Yes, that's history though. Lopetegui has had months at this stage, still doesn't know his best starting line up, debatable formations, debatable tactics and painful to watch.
I can watch, Brighton, Brentford, even Southampton and see what they're trying to do. With Wolves and Forest (as it happens) I can't.
History that impacts this season though? It's not like complaining about Paul Lambert.

The trail to this situation starts in September 2020 with a poor window followed by the Jimenez incident then the club deciding to dispose of Nuno after 1 mediocre season. That’s fine but don’t replace him with someone who’s got less than one good season on his cv. People actually think Lage wasn’t that bad sorry his management of the playing staff has sucked so much energy out the club.
With lop he’s an upgrade and is being hampered by numerous players being inconsistent on match day making things very confusing.

The FA are looking at the Podence incident.

How does that work? VAR already looked at it.

Back