• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

One of your supporters hospitalised

Mutley

Reaction score
Evening Ladies & Gents

Bristol City Fan in peace

thought I ought to make you aware , sadly , of an incident that appears to have happened after today's game

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-rushed-hospital-after-street-20334

Embarrassed to support a Club associated with this

I and many fans sincerely hope that the lad is ok and like many City fans will be naming names if we get to hear anything

Sorry to be the bearer of crap news - always seems to be an edge between some of our and your support which saddens me as I have several great mates who are Wolves diehards , from England trips

Apologies from our decent fans - thought you should be aware, however embarrassing it is for us :(

Last edited:
Just an update - two lads hurt but it appears , thankfully , contrary to some early rumours , neither seriously - There is a thread on OTIB strongly and wholly condemning it

Evening Ladies & Gents

Bristol City Fan in peace

thought I ought to make you aware , sadly , of an incident that appears to have happened after today's game

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-rushed-hospital-after-street-20334

Embarrassed to support a Club associated with this

I and many fans sincerely hope that the lad is ok and like many City fans will be naming names if we get to hear anything

Sorry to be the bearer of crap news - always seems to be an edge between some of our and your support which saddens me as I have several great mates who are Wolves diehards , from England trips

Apologies from our decent fans - thought you should be aware, however embarrassing it is for us :(

Fair play to you. Hope your team stay up. Deserved win for you today. Far better than 4 th bottom.

Cheers Mutley. Was in the Spotted Cowton and left while the police and ambulance were at the scene. One lad looked bloodied and shaken but the other looked sparked out with paramedics in attendance.
Every team has its idiots, a small minority, who can spoil it for the "normal" fan

We've regularly been on the other side of this sort of thing Mutley and condemning the actions of our boneheads. I was a shift manager at the Spoons here when yours smashed it up in 2007/08. I think since then there's been a bit of tension and tit for tat incidents. Neither group is representative of Wolves or BCFC.

Best wishes.

Thanks all

Sadly when this happens the football seems of little importance

A performance from **** knows where but I think a few of yours were not at full throttle thankfully !!

Great away support as usual from yours - next season you will have the whole end as it's all being moved about

More importantly - sounds like one lad has a nasty head wound / injury - hope both are ok

From what I hear one arrested so far and the OB all over it like a rash

Sounds like the guys are fortunately ok, reports that the injuries aren't life threatening.

Have to say though, there was a lot of hostile comments from the Bristol fans towards us. More than I normally experience at away games tbh. Shame people think it's ok to behave like that.

Some on OTIB intimating that that area was not a sensible option for away fans to be in, but can't say that I saw it as that threatening. Then again as a larger group maybe we wouldn't have been seen as so vulnerable.

Aiki - can't say that I heard that many verbals directed towards Wolves fans, though that may just be a factor in my hearing deteriorating

Good to hear that injuries are not life threatening (though initial comments on OTIB were that there had been one fatality - clearly rumours flying all over the place)

They have a poster who is a member of the local police (wasn't there) who has passed some info on when she can & suggests that she will continue to do so - will keep an eye on it & update

We were down that way before the game and didn't feel like there would be any trouble. Walked into the Spotted Cow though and straight back out as thought it looked like a bit of a shithole!

We were down that way before the game and didn't feel like there would be any trouble. Walked into the Spotted Cow though and straight back out as thought it looked like a bit of a shithole!

Wasn't really - decent beer garden out back

Fair enough, felt like there were plenty of better options about though.

Some on OTIB intimating that that area was not a sensible option for away fans to be in, but can't say that I saw it as that threatening. Then again as a larger group maybe we wouldn't have been seen as so vulnerable.

Aiki - can't say that I heard that many verbals directed towards Wolves fans, though that may just be a factor in my hearing deteriorating

Good to hear that injuries are not life threatening (though initial comments on OTIB were that there had been one fatality - clearly rumours flying all over the place)

They have a poster who is a member of the local police (wasn't there) who has passed some info on when she can & suggests that she will continue to do so - will keep an eye on it & update

We had some verbal at 11 in the morning whilst leaving v-shed! Plus in the Avon Packet and again as we walked to the ground. Plus a fair few home fans warning us about others looking for a scrap. The Spotted Cow was actually an ok boozer, the beer garden was nice!

We had some verbal at 11 in the morning whilst leaving v-shed! Plus in the Avon Packet and again as we walked to the ground. Plus a fair few home fans warning us about others looking for a scrap. The Spotted Cow was actually an ok boozer, the beer garden was nice!

Clearly my hearing's getting worse than I thought :icon_smile: (will have to book a test in that case) - really didn't hear that much of it at all.

Clearly my hearing's getting worse than I thought :icon_smile: (will have to book a test in that case) - really didn't hear that much of it at all.
Don't worry, you weren't with us at the v-shed! And we were in the beer garden way the Avon Packet but the verbal was inside at the bar so you wouldn't have heard that either!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got plenty Peter and they offered to shove my crutches where the sun don't shine coz I laughed it off

Last edited:
Don't worry, you weren't with us at the v-shed! And we were in the beer garden way the Avon Packet but the verbal was inside at the bar so you wouldn't have heard that either!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fair enough - though didn't get any when I went inside to the bar at the Avon Packet

Do you guys wear colours away? I never bother in case it restricts what pubs I can go in.

Will keep you updated with any news we get down here - including from our OB Liason

Any news your end I'll pick up here hopefully

Whatever happened , kicking and stamping someone on the floor is the act of a complete coward scumbag

Do you guys wear colours away? I never bother in case it restricts what pubs I can go in.

Tend to go relatively discreet to away games - had a black 'Whathouse' polo shirt on, but it has the Wolves logo which would have been fully visible yesterday as too warm to have the coat on as well - 2 of our party did have obvious full wolves shirts on though

V Shed is knobhead central so no surprise there.

Spotted Cow is a cracking place - it was a good laugh in there after the game. The trouble came from the lot at the Masonic who were rowdy before and after and a few in the pubs down by the ground. I got offered out just outside the ground wearing a white shirt ffs.

Back