• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Did Nuno ever do much mid game in terms of the way we played? Other than bring on another midfielder I don't remember him ever changing the way we played very often.
That’s one for someone smarter than me.

Did Nuno ever do much mid game in terms of the way we played? Other than bring on another midfielder I don't remember him ever changing the way we played very often.

Usually brought on an extra defender to hold onto leads. Which to be fair we were very good at.

I think any discussion about points VAR has cost us needs to slightly tempered against the points it has probably cost others.

Hate to use the old cliché, but it probably just about evens out in the end. Impossible to say.
Na, not having that, we had several significantly poor decisions go against us.

Na, not having that, we had several significantly poor decisions go against us.
Maybe the more appropriate cliché would be “no use crying over spilt milk” 🙂

Can only control ourselves.

Did it tonight bringing Boly on too.

The man can hold onto a lead most of the time!

To be fair Nuno’s Wolves were just an excellent team unit and the spirit/connection with the fans was the best I’ve known in my time supporting Wolves. It was special. This team aren’t quite that yet but certainly aren’t far off.

Maybe the more appropriate cliché would be “no use crying over spilt milk” 🙂

Can only control ourselves.
No one is saying otherwise.

But the quantity of rough decisions against Wolves was so high, that other clubs fans felt that Wolves were hard done by, that does not happen often!

It's totally fair to look at how an extra point at United (still for me the worst decision out of the lot), an extra point at Sheff Utd and an extra point from Fulham would see us, that's not crying over spilt milk.

There is only really Villa when Doc pushed Watkins that we have genuinely got away with one.

I at least see your point, even if I don’t fully agree.

No arguing against our rocky relationship with referees recently.

What Nuno did well, which McCarthy and Lage couldn't
is when we defended a lead we didn't just drop 10 yards and defend the 6 yard line. There was a plan beyond just putting men behind the ball and going deep. As we know that was tempered a bit with when he chased a game, which often was just unloading every attacking player from the bench and hoping for the best. Concidentally Forest in the Championship was the first time I can remember that happening.

There's one poster that calls Semedo shit on pretty much every matchday thread, even though he's had a decent season at least defensively. We all have our biases
He had a reasonable game today. He's been pretty good against some of the better sides. Been crap the rest of the time.
Creates next to nothing, is scared of the ball, also ball watches and gets caught under the ball at the far post.
Not really a bias, just an opinion which I think will continue to be proved right. I hope not, I want him to improve, maybe GON might be the man to do it. If so I'll give him all the plaudits in the world.

See, McCarthy and Nuno I didn't mind so much, just repeating clichés and saying nothing whilst fulfilling their obligation. Sometimes Mick would get a bit deep sometimes, but mostly it was just waffle.
With Gazza, a great example last night: apparently none of the squad have ever pressed before until he turned up with this revolutionary new tactic... 🤦🏼
R u Johnny in disguise

There's one poster that calls Semedo shit on pretty much every matchday thread, even though he's had a decent season at least defensively. We all have our biases
There's biases against players you don't rate/like and wanting the team you support to lose to get rid of manager you don't like? They're quite different?

There's biases against players you don't rate/like and wanting the team you support to lose to get rid of manager you don't like? They're quite different?
Johnny didn't really want us to lose, he was just digging in. My point was more that when you see something which you think proves a point, particularly on a forum with 25/30 active posters you tend to highlight it. You do it with Sa and Kilman, I just did on another thread about Doyle who I've never really rated. It's what we do.

Johnny didn't really want us to lose, he was just digging in. My point was more that when you see something which you think proves a point, particularly on a forum with 25/30 active posters you tend to highlight it. You do it with Sa and Kilman, I just did on another thread about Doyle who I've never really rated. It's what we do.
Fair comment that.
We're probably all guilty of it.

I have to go now as my Mrs says I'm just like a big child, going on a football forum all the time 🤣🤣🤣

Just feel that for a player of his technical ability he could do so much better, sometimes try that bit harder and put his body on the line.
He's not very good in two areas - the final third and our own back post. Other than that he's a good player.

Back