• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

We do lose hundreds of millions off the value of the club though (well, Fosun do). Look at the difference in sale price of Leeds. Magnified for us as although the stadium comes with the club, it isn't actually worth anything due to the covenants on the land.
But that only matters if the owners are actually selling and all the signs are they still see this as a long term investment.

There is Absolutely nothing to demonstrate they still think this is a long term investment. Quite the opposite.

If they still think they are going to make money going about it the way they are/have been then they are complete idiots.

There is Absolutely nothing to demonstrate they still think this is a long term investment. Quite the opposite.

If they still think they are going to make money going about it the way they are/have been then they are complete idiots.
You mean apart from Jeff's comments not so long ago?

Maybe Keen is getting his whispers from the same place as GFFH and Le Accountant

I'd rather we were working behind the scenes to get a replacement to replace him immediately, than sack him and have Davis take control whilst we conduct the process.
Yup. It only seems fair to let Davis have a few matches before Nathan Jones' triumphant return to the EPL.

But that only matters if the owners are actually selling and all the signs are they still see this as a long term investment.
Losing upto £70m in the first season and at least £100m a season thereafter if not promoted, just for shit and giggles is a fine long term investment strategy.

And if Jeff wrote that I am fucking dutch. It’s PR puffery from a team of PR “experts” within the club echelons.

I still think a burned earth exit strategy is a possibility. This season they hope to stay up as much due to three poorer sides than any investment but if it fails they’ll hope one or two of the recent signings flourish and are in demand next summer. Sell any saleable playing assets and cut costs and bank the parachute payments. With a fair wind that could bring in as much as the potential sale price. Then run assets down and sell for as much as they can get. Only thing against this is not selling Kilman but maybe they think he could help secure one more PL season or unlikely as it seems his value could rise.

Why on earth would they actually want to run the club’s value down and sell at a massively reduced price? They are definitely shite at running a football club but there’s no way that can be their aim. It makes no sense. If they wanted to sell they’d get top dollar in the Premier League, and while it looks like they’re trying to take us down I honestly don’t believe they are. They’re just really really shit and this.

I totally get the optics argument above.. However, it is becoming blatant that a change needs to be made because GoN was a mistake…. I actually like him, and always hate to see a manager sacked (with some exceptions). Would have stuck with Ståle Solbakken for longer for example and was pissed off when Mick went and really pissed off when we lost Nuno…. But what we are seeing now is just ridiculous and if Hobbs and Shi can’t man up and deal with a bad decision, with rapidly mounting evidence….. despite the reputational risk involved, then it leaves one question….. (in my mind at least)….. How the fuck have these people got where they are in life? How the fuck are they in charge of the club I have supported for nearly 50 years? How much more evidence to they need? Are they trying to damage their own reputations? I will stop here before I get carried away….

I totally get the optics argument above.. However, it is becoming blatant that a change needs to be made because GoN was a mistake…. I actually like him, and always hate to see a manager sacked (with some exceptions). Would have stuck with Ståle Solbakken for longer for example and was pissed off when Mick went and really pissed off when we lost Nuno…. But what we are seeing now is just ridiculous and if Hobbs and Shi can’t man up and deal with a bad decision, with rapidly mounting evidence….. despite the reputational risk involved, then it leaves one question….. (in my mind at least)….. How the fuck have these people got where they are in life? How the fuck are they in charge of the club I have supported for nearly 50 years? How much more evidence to they need? Are they trying to damage their own reputations? I will stop here before I get carried away….
OK, that was more than one question…. Answers on a postcard….

I think a lot of the comments in this thread are misplaced.

The current situation in which the club finds itself is not Gary O’Neil’s fault.

The only criticism you can lay at his door is that he was desperate enough to accept the job, and made a bad decision.

He’s doing his best in a very difficult situation not of his creation.

We are currently a basket case of a club, due entirely to Fosun’s clumsy mismanagement.

You cannot expect to remain a Premiership club if you behave as our owners have done in recent times..

I’m normally an optimist, believe me. Always have been.

However, we will be fortunate to remain in this league this season unless there really are three teams worse than us. That’s possible, even though it suggests a dreary and anxious season ahead.

If we do go down, you can expect the Portuguese and Spanish contingent to depart, and a reversion to what many of the older supporters might regard as normality, for good or ill, and probably hoping against hope for Nuno’s return to sort it all out.

Would I miss the Premier league?

Yes in the sense that I want Wolves to compete and participate in the top league against the best, but I wouldn’t miss for a moment the incompetence of the referees, the VAR mistakes which have already potentially cost us four points this season, and the way everything about the Premiership celebrates the elite clubs.

So, I’m conflicted about that, but in some ways would regard the Championship almost as a relief from the sheer incompetence in our boardroom.

I don't want to ever see us in the Championship again.
There is no fucking reason why we can't challenge for 6th or 7th in the prem.

We just need a pair of bollox in the boardroom

He used 'there's no magic wand' again FFS.

Poor man's Lampard

Back