• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oscar Pistorius

I haven't really followed it but I'd guess that it could only be manslaughter as he thought he was shooting a burglar and not his girlfriend, so he didn't intend on murdering his girlfriend, he killed her by an accident.

He was reckless as to who could have been behind the door. He was reckless to the likely outcome of firing 4 dum dum bullets into a space the size of a bog, regardless of the identity of the person in that area. That is what the prosecution are saying.

Which takes us all the way back to the beginning...
I don't believe that if you're sleeping with your bird in a double bed, and you hear a noise that frightens you, that convinces you there's a burglar in the house, so convinces you..... that you get out of bed and go see WITHOUT NOTICING YOUR BIRD IS NOT IN THE BED...
Give me a fucking break.
Jesus Christ!
What a load of bollocks...

And I think they've got a fucking nerve challenging the shout anyway...
He goes and kills his bird sorry, this 'burglar'... and gets a sentence of 10 months, after which he'll be released and confined to his house, or somebodies house, cause I think I read that he had to sell his to pay for his legal fees... So he's homeless!
Why doesn't he ask the Steenkamps if he can stay there..?
There's an empty bedroom now that they're daughterless..

Fucking 10 months for murder....
Biggest travesty since Hurricane Carter got framed for that shooting in a bar when he was fighting out of town.

Presume the release is "house arrest" release rather than off you pop Oscy, you is a free man?

So basically he has got away with killing his girlfriend. He should have spent his entire sentence behind bars.

Manslaughter verdict changed to Murder by appeal Court

Will be sentenced in the New year.

Likely to be sentenced by the Cup of Tea addict that got it wrong last time. Should get at least 15 years.

Called back. She will then adjourn it for tea until about May. She has to give 15 years minimum so he is going back to jail anyway so he should be remanded in custody and not house arrest. He is now a massive risk for absconding as he would have nothing to lose.

Called back. She will then adjourn it for tea until about May. She has to give 15 years minimum so he is going back to jail anyway so he should be remanded in custody and not house arrest. He is now a massive risk for absconding as he would have nothing to lose.

He may appeal on the grounds of a breach of his constitutional rights. Lawyers mulling it over. On and on it goes

lethal-weapon-2-Joss-Ackland-641x360.jpg

DEEEEEPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

About fucking time!

Four shots through a door into a tiny bathroom, from a high calibre pistol, and he didn't expect A) anyone to be killed B) it to be the only other person in the house who was in bed with him minutes before, and now wasn't.

Do me a favour, he should have looked to keep her safe before he took to unloading the gun, why? well in case of an accident, ricochet, or ...............
I give in, and 15 years is still a doddle.

Oh yes and why would they give the sentencing back to a judge they just deemed incompetant?

Because the court kettle had just brewed so they were due a break.

His grounds for appeal are extremely limited. He will be back in prison while that appeal process is looked at. Also, the maximum time that can be served under house arrest under South African law is apparently five years so he is looking at a much longer time behind bars, and quite rightly so.

Apparently the judge can set less than 15 years if she wishes if she feels there are circumstances that warrant that. However, she has been burnt, so she will go to town on Oscy and send him away for as long as possible.

Will be sentenced in the New year.

Likely to be sentenced by the Cup of Tea addict that got it wrong last time. Should get at least 15 years.

Will it be the same judge that passes sentence? I must admit to not knowing very much about such things.

from an article in the Guardian today....

For anyone who reads this killing through the prism of domestic violence, and on behalf of the legions of women who have been its target, one question surely stands out from all the rest.

Why, as Pistorius always insisted, did Steenkamp not speak or cry out – not from the bedroom if that is where she was in his account, or from the toilet? Why, the whole time he was screaming, even when he was in the bathroom, did she not utter a word?

This is Pistorius in his final statement: “I got to the entrance of the bathroom, at the end of the passage, where I stopped screaming … At this point I started screaming again for Reeva to phone the police … I kept on screaming … I shouted for Reeva … I kept on shouting for Reeva.”

Why didn’t she answer or call out? A dead woman becomes a silent witness in the courtroom, voiceless now, voiceless then. Twice over, Pistorius silenced Steenkamp, turned her into a ghost.

This says it all for me, his first instinct, certainly the instinct i guess of most on this forum, would be to protect wife, girlfriend , kids or whatever,
certainly if i was going after an intruder armed with a 9mm pistol i wouldn't want other half, hanging on to me, or giving it plenty in my ear.

I would want to be concentrating solely on whoever i was about to confront, and I am a simple panicky citizen, scared witless in this situation.

Oscar was far more used to making split second serious decisions, albeit on the track rather than outside his bathroom, but the trained mind is the trained mind, and frankly in my personal opinion, he did it and knew what he was doing from the get go.

Be warned , it's a kin long article, but fascinating none the less.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/03/oscar-pistorius-appeal-murder-jacqueline-rose

Will it be the same judge that passes sentence? I must admit to not knowing very much about such things.

It would appear so. The appeal Judges have passed the case back to her, told her she got it wrong and to sentence him for the Murder Charge. The High Court in South Africa is however closed and re-opens in January, hence the delay.

Back