• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oxford

Hereford Wolf

Reaction score
We are off to Oxford in July to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary.

Can anybody recommend any nice restaurants we could book? Mrs HW is a vegetarian.

Thanks

Staying in the city or outside?

Le Manoir for quality, quality dining :) (don't book a room though )

Won't be a helpful post but my father in law ordered a lager shandy in a restuarant in Oxford and they gave him a glass of wine with a lemonade top.

Manoir is close by if you want to spend a fortune
Did that for wife’s 50th - amazing experience but she’ll have to wait for 60 for me to spend the £650 or so it cost for lunch and wine flight,

Won't be a helpful post but my father in law ordered a lager shandy in a restuarant in Oxford and they gave him a glass of wine with a lemonade top.
Sounds OK, I'd give it a go.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Can't decide which is worse, getting the order wrong or requesting a shandy in the first place!

Can't decide which is worse, getting the order wrong or requesting a shandy in the first place!
I think you guys call them Radlers don't you? (Or at least they did in NJ 2 decades ago)

I think you guys call them Radlers don't you? (Or at least they did in NJ 2 decades ago)
Shandies definitely exist over here, although you make a good point; just because we use the same word on this side of the pond doesn't mean we're talking about the same drink! See; chips, cookies, etc.

I think of them as summertime drink (to the extent any alcohol can be); light-ish lager usually done up with some citrusy flavor that may or may not actually come from the hops.

Back