• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Yes it's his opinion based on zero actual grasp of what really happened :icon_lol:

and yes I've seen some absolute tosh on Facebook

I have found it rather odd that Facebook is where most of the strange comments have come from, whereas Twitter has been the source from which I've agreed with most of the fans!

His twitter timeline (as I have no other way to judge him) is awful and does him no favours. As a journalist you would think that would be much better wouldn't you?

I think he's more a commentator than a journalist.

I have found it rather odd that Facebook is where most of the strange comments have come from, whereas Twitter has been the source from which I've agreed with most of the fans!

I'd added this in the meantime...

One guy going on about Santo's poor managerial record so I suggested he actually google him and find out about him...He basically couldn't be asrsed and asked "well how many jobs has he had" so I did his research for him and he was all oh, right. These people are the same people who will vote Tory because the paper they read has told them how evil the alternative is

I wonder if he'd take Sam Allardyce, he of seven jobs in the last 10 years. My money would be on yes.

Yeah! He was comparing Nuno to Zenga and insinuating that he'd failed at multiple clubs. Just try google, it's great as long as you don't need to use Google Translate :surrender:

I guess so, I was more saying he doesn't write for a living.

As I say I don't know him other than his writing so I don't have anything to judge him on other than that but in his blog he lumps himself in with all of the press so he kind of brings the criticism on himself. Much like Spiers.

I remember googling endlessly when Zenga came in and I struggled to find some crumbs of comfort, the leagues he had been managing in and his record weren't great but we gave him a chance. This time I can find plenty to be positive about from my searches, his last 2 clubs for a start would normally make me think we have no chance of getting him, step in Mendes and Fosun and things like this are possible.

I think a lot of the stuff on Facebook in particular is just trolling, so many fake accounts now (just look at the election comments section, which is even worse) so I tend to ignore it. I quite enjoy some of the stuff on twitter especially when Britney is getting some stick.

He's a not a very good commentator, he does obscure games on eurosport (or used to)

I really didn't think Fielden's blog was THAT bad!!

See for yourselves, folks - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sptnpr

No arguments about Michael Calvin though - he's awesome. I need to grab his new book (No Hunger In Paradise) before I go on holiday in a few weeks. Nowhere Men and Living On The Volcano were absolutely brilliant.
Apart from the name dropping and smug media section at the end, I thought it was reasonable enough. That and calling the Costa signing once in a blue moon. One of those a season will be fine thanks.

I think it's fair to say that Lambert didn't deserve to be sacked based on conventional measures. He came when promotion was already unrealistic and on the whole we looked better in the second half of the season than the first, with the the exception of August. That said we aren't playing by conventional rules, we have got ourselves what on paper appears a significant upgrade, with a manager who will know the players he has the opportunity to work with.

Spiers is a fan whose dropped lucky, he has access to the club, the managers and the players in a way he couldn't have dreamt of 3 years ago. Because of that he gives the impression of being in awe of them, which comes across in his match reports, player ratings and reactions to departures - remember his KJ meltdown? I think he'd actually be a better journalist covering a club other than Wolves.

I don't think it's fair to blame Paul Lambert for the turgid football before he arrived though mate. And despite his limitations (and seemingly automatic selections of very average players which I agree with you on), he didn't have a great squad to work with. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of the change but we'll never know what Lambert might have done with a summer transfer window and Fosun cash behind him.

I don't blame Lambert for it but in 7 months his selections and style of play did little if anything, to change it. His lack of experimentation and his auto picks of Edwards Doherty, until April, Batth and persistence with Coady , Saville etc had me under whelmed so no tears here. Thanks for doing the job of keeping us up, well done in the cup, whoever leaked the story is an idiot, onwards and upwards for Wolves.

Whether Lambert was sacked, or left on principle, he is now the past.

We need to embrace the future and look forward to the next person/s to arrive here, to try and achieve what Fosun wants for Wolves.

Nice to see the BBC starting to challenge the "championship experience" myth:

WM's Mike Taylor on the 3 year contract: a luxury not afforded to his predecessor

Fuck right off!

Back