• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Yeah good idea on starting a new thread.

Massively sceptical on this article. I'm sure Lambert would have known there'd be Mendes involvement - I can't believe everything will go through Mendes though.

He'd be a fucking idiot to quit over this.

Many of the players signed last summer under Lambert's predecessor Walter Zenga, including £7million winger Ivan Cavaleiro, Silvio and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, have barely featured, if at all.
His two signings in January, Andreas Weimann and Ben Marshall, proved pivotal in the second half of the season.

Erm, okay Percy.

Bit of an agenda-led piece, possibly leaked by Lambert himself. Poor of Percy to say that Cavaleiro has "barely featured" and then when assessing last season's transfers that had the hand of Mendes in them...do you not think it might be important to mention Helder Costa? You know, Player of the Season, cost £13m, will probably fetch double that if he leaves this summer. Silvio has been injured, I guess that's Mendes' fault. CBJ is one of many, many loan spells that don't work out at clubs up and down the land.

If Mendes is the main man then there's no need for Thelwell. What is he actually doing if he isn't co-ordinating our transfer business?

If Grant Hanley and Jordan Hugill are on his radar, he can fuck off tomorrow and let Mendes do his stuff..

I think that in his first press conference he mentioned that he would have the final say over who comes into the club. I'd imagine that would still be the case.

I'm in the camp of lets see how he goes at the beginning of next season before passing judgement on him but if he is going to throw his dummy out of the pram because Mendes will be recommending players then he can go.

Bit of an agenda-led piece, possibly leaked by Lambert himself.

That's exactly what's happened. He's leaked this to Percy to try to scare Fosun into taking control away from Mendes.

Bit of an agenda-led piece, possibly leaked by Lambert himself. Poor of Percy to say that Cavaleiro has "barely featured" and then when assessing last season's transfers that had the hand of Mendes in them...do you not think it might be important to mention Helder Costa? You know, Player of the Season, cost £13m, will probably fetch double that if he leaves this summer. Silvio has been injured, I guess that's Mendes' fault. CBJ is one of many, many loan spells that don't work out at clubs up and down the land.

If Mendes is the main man then there's no need for Thelwell. What is he actually doing if he isn't co-ordinating our transfer business?

This is what I thought when I read it. Would not be surprised at all if he leaves.

He doesn't really menton Costa and fails to mention that Cavaleiro was actually quite important in us staying up. And says Marshall and Weimann were 'pivotal'. :facepalm: Those four all played really well together when I went to Fulham, it was a great blend

He mentions Costa right at the end.
It looked at first under Lambert that Cav would "barely feature" to me and yet if it wasnt for him during our erm..winning streak than we would probaly be closer than seven points from the bottom three.

Lambert can go for me to be honest.
I dont have much faith in his choice of player, pre game tactics or lack of in game tactics.

That's exactly what's happened. He's leaked this to Percy to try to scare Fosun into taking control away from Mendes.

Agree 100%, there is only one person this could have come from and that is Mr Lambert himself.

Can't see it working on FOSUN too be honest, they're not going to be worried about losing Lambert IMO.

Lambert better be careful. These Chinese are the most ruthless businessmen in the world, they would fire there own mothers and fathers if need be.

Fosun won't stand for it if he's leaked that himself.

Bold, bold move by him seeing as he's probably just about at the last chance saloon at this sort of level.

At least we can bring Gallardo in now, right?

If there are signs of a power struggle, it needs sorting immediately so we can get on with the rebuilding process. We can't afford for this sort of nonsense hanging over our heads whilst trying to sort out the squad.

We never do things the easy way, do we??

Fosun won't stand for it if he's leaked that himself.

Bold, bold move by him seeing as he's probably just about at the last chance saloon at this sort of level.

I don't agree, I think that Lambert will find work at this level. Thelwell on the other hand.......

I bet Britney is scrambling to try and get some info.

Do you think he has a WhatsApp group with Edwards, Ikeme and Batth?

well, if something's gonna happen, let's hope it happens quickly.

Back