• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I bet Britney is scrambling to try and get some info.

Do you think he has a WhatsApp group with Edwards, Ikeme and Batth?

Private one just for him and Mr Gloves.

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago

Reports that Lambert is set to quit. My understanding is that too much Mendes involvement would see him walk. Not at that stage yet.

Bids are already in for players and there are talks in the coming days over the direction the club will take this summer.

Lambert has repeatedly stated that if players are imposed upon him, he won't stay. Has to be his vision on and off the field.

If we see anything like last summer then Lambert won't hang around. Fosun *may* prefer a head coach who has less of a say. We'll know soon.

He doesn't know owt.

Does anyone know who would be the potential european appointees if lambert left? (Im assuming European as there's a few leagues where the head coach doesn't hold final say on some transfers etc and so would fit into the alleged structure that fosun wants)

How can you have bids in for players and not know the summer strategy?

Lets face it we know Lambert is clueless, he has been for years.. I wouldnt shed a tear if he did go.

Fosun can be as ruthless as they want, but if Lambert leaves and we end up signing another raft of Mendes players, we'd be lucky to stay in the division next year.

My first reaction was also that this piece is from Lambert, as an opening shot in the post-season transfer window power struggle.

Fair play to him, it's imperative that Lambert keeps some degree of transfer control. He must have known though, coming to the club from Blackburn Rovers and into a Director of Football structure to work with Thelwell and Mendes, that he wouldn't have things 100% his way.

Fosun can be as ruthless as they want, but if Lambert leaves and we end up signing another raft of Mendes players, we'd be lucky to stay in the division next year.

Without Costa and Cav we would have gone down.. So thank you Jorge Mendes.

Is Lambert actually Pav in disguise?

I'm sure it'd be wishful thinking that Fosun have decided that Hull are probably going down now, so we can chuck Silva whatever he wants and get him to give us a year to get us up. He's surely done enough to earn a shot at a proper job in either the PL (if a vacancy opens up...Stoke maybe?) or a top league somewhere in Europe. I can dream though.

My first reaction was also that this piece is from Lambert, as an opening shot in the post-season transfer window power struggle.

Fair play to him, it's imperative that Lambert keeps some degree of transfer control. He must have known though, coming to the club from Blackburn Rovers and into a Director of Football structure to work with Thelwell and Mendes, that he wouldn't have things 100% his way.

Surely he'd have known when we signed Costa that Mendes has some influence and some very, very useful contacts and that his influence would be utilised in the summer? Similarly, I can't believe Mendes has full control over things. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Let's hope Pav doesn't see this.

I agree that this seems to have come from Lambert and he's trying to give himself a position of strength but that could back fire on him. I'm not massively keen on Lambert and especially not if his summer targets are Hanley, Steele and Hugill but i'm also not keen on Wolves not having a plan on what to do this summer because there is uncertainty about the direction and who is leading it. This needs to be resolved quickly either way and we need those at the club to work together.

If Grant Hanley and Jordan Hugill are on his radar, he can fuck off tomorrow and let Mendes do his stuff..

100% this.

Costa & Cavaleiro or Hanley & Hugill?

See you later, Paul. Cheers for the Stoke and Liverpool memories.

The height of stupidity from Lambert if he's leaked this, especially as Fosun own part of Gestifute.

I hope the fucker walks as this is a Harry Redknapp trick so he can fuck off on that level alone.

Balance is needed here, if there are players of Cav and Costa quality available then I'm all for it but Lambert needs to have a say. This time it's about quality so if 4 new players are coming in I could see Lambert being pissy if 3 of them are Mendes signings. Don't blame Lambert for this at all if he gives in now then they will walk all over him.

By the same token as others have said without Mendes involvement we would have been relegated without question.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Who was the reporter who had all the inside info on Lambert in the run in to him being appointed? Confirmed he'd had an interview, rubbished claims he'd been appointed early as he knew Lambert was in Germany at the time etc? Wasn't John Percy was it?

Who was the reporter who had all the inside info on Lambert in the run in to him being appointed? Confirmed he'd had an interview, rubbished claims he'd been appointed early as he knew Lambert was in Germany at the time etc? Wasn't John Percy was it?

I thought it was Pat Murphy?

Balance is needed here, if there are players of Cav and Costa quality available then I'm all for it but Lambert needs to have a say. This time it's about quality so if 4 new players are coming in I could see Lambert being pissy if 3 of them are Mendes signings. Don't blame Lambert for this at all if he gives in now then they will walk all over him.

By the same token as others have said without Mendes involvement we would have been relegated without question.

Yeah I agree - we'd be crazy not to make use of Mendes but equally the head coach needs to have a say in things. Another scattergun approach to signings like last summer would be a big mistake.

Percy is pretty clued up with stuff in general but I thought it was Alan Nixon who muted Lambert was joining Wolves?

Back