• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE 1-1 Wolves

jd1981

Reaction score
Hmmm should be entertaining.

Sounds like we created enough chances to win the game once they were down to ten then nine men, but wasteful finishing let us down.

However we didn't have a shot on target in the first half. So creativity is still an issue.

Here's to you Kevin McDonald.

Poor performance. Macca, Batth &Ojo only decent players. I dont really know what to say tbh. I really dont want to hate KJ.

We seem clueless in front of goal and, yet again, our goal comes from a midfielder. With 67% possession we should be creating a bagful, yet we fail. Kevin may have saved our blushes (just) but I don't think we can seriously mount a promotion challenge without some huge changes. Disappointing, yet again.

I'm worried.
Me too.

I'm worried that our seemingly best team couldn't muster a shot on target until well into the second half.

If we're serious about mounting a promotion challenge then we need to start playing like we believe it.

Was obviously pleased with the late equaliser (especially for K-Mac too) but it's a very disappointing result. We needed to win this.

Be interesting to get reports from those who went

Somehow we can get to within three points of the play-offs if we win vs Fulham. Our league table position is below average but not disastrous...but as for performances we seem to have serious problems with attack, something we shouldn't be having with Afobe and Le Fondre. There needs to be a change in how the team approaches game, we scraped a draw with a team playing 70 mins with 10 men and 10 minutes with 9 men! Not great

the old song "3 wheels on my wagon" seems our theme tune this season. sounded very poor performance....yet again. Can't understand what's happened this season - has KJ lost the dressing room ? He certainly seems to have lost the plot !

Unbeaten in the last two games! #positivewolf

Somehow we can get to within three points of the play-offs if we win vs Fulham.

This is in no way a dig at you Hamlet, but seems very familiar to many other years, 3 becomes 4,5,6 etc. The more relevant point is do we look like we will win that game and you'd have to say at the moment no. Two poor results this week and we've moved from "blip, poor start but it will come good etc"to "this season is going to be a struggle."

Darlo mentioned on the match day thread that we lauded the players for holding out against Brighton and lambast them for not scoring against 10. We can't really have it both ways. Looking at it philosophically this just happens in football sometimes.

More concerning is KJ's inability to take a play-off quality team above halfway. Still, he has 2 games left for me and anything less than 3 points from those and improved performances and I think we should be looking for a new manager.

Darlo mentioned on the match day thread that we lauded the players for holding out against Brighton and lambast them for not scoring against 10. We can't really have it both ways. Looking at it philosophically this just happens in football sometimes.

More concerning is KJ's inability to take a play-off quality team above halfway. Still, he has 2 games left for me and anything less than 3 points from those and improved performances and I think we should be looking for a new manager.

I think you can if i'm being honest. Yes we defended well against Brighton but that was also down to them not being very good on the day, they lacked quality in the final third and didn't move the ball quick enough. From what i have heard about today's game that was similar to us, not enough speed or conviction in our play. We played the formation some of us have been asking for today and it still hasn't looked like we have got what we want form it.

I guess we miss Dicko more than we realise...

This is in no way a dig at you Hamlet, but seems very familiar to many other years, 3 becomes 4,5,6 etc. The more relevant point is do we look like we will win that game and you'd have to say at the moment no. Two poor results this week and we've moved from "blip, poor start but it will come good etc"to "this season is going to be a struggle."

I kinda know what you mean to be honest - when the Welsh guy took over the distance from play-offs and the distance from relegation was equal. still, it's the hope that gets you....but unfortunately I can't say that we will win the game either.

It's a shit division. There's no reason we can't be in and around the top six if we start turning it around. Middlesbrough look like the class of the field and that wasn't hard to predict.

I disagree, Brighton was our first league clean sheet we were against the league leaders with ten men.

The stats are unanimous that we didn't do enough to test a PNE side which hasn't won at home yet, heavily made up of their team which played 120 minutes in midweek also. We had the same amount of possession as Bournemouth last year at Molineux we had half the shots and half the shots on target. Today the team didn't do enough, if we'd peppered the goal and the PNE goalie had a worldie I can accept that more than having the ball and doing nothing with it.

Out all day so missed any of this - looks like I chose the right one to do that with.

Less than 4 pages on a Matchday thread - is a bit of apathy showing itself?

Back