• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season Fixture thread (22/23)

Whilst I think 4 at the back will lead to more goals I reckon we'll get done a lot more on the counter. I think there might be games, or situations in games where we'll switch to 3 ATB.

Didn’t watch second half but assuming a 4231 second half? This suits all the players better and gets more of our better players on the pitch.

I’d be fine with the 433 if we played MGW there (or a signing) and maybe just Donck in there against City and Liverpool.

Back 4 looks a given, and I honestly think he’s going to phase Coady out. Can’t see how he doesn’t play Collins, and can’t see him not playing Kilman.
I think Kilman and Collins is going to be our best CB pairing sooner or later.

Whilst I think 4 at the back will lead to more goals I reckon we'll get done a lot more on the counter. I think there might be games, or situations in games where we'll switch to 3 ATB.
I think we'll score and concede more whoever plays, with the correct choices at centre half it should be a net gain

We can't carry on scoring <40 goals a season. It's wank to watch and we'll get punished for it eventually. We have to try something.

This is pretty much what they were working on in the training video Johnny was discussing with me in the transfer thread.
Nice of Alaves to allow us to try a training session without defenders during a game.

Assuming the players who came on at 75 plus the unused subs such as Bueno and Mosquera will start tomorrow. Wonder how much any of the first team will feature from the bench.

Maybe Adama and Hwang will play a small part? Don't think Semedo will.

Sondergaard has come back to England due to personal reasons.

So Sarkic in again or Storer, who I presume is an u18 keeper, playing.

Can't be arsed to scroll back to see if that has been mentioned.

This is pretty much what they were working on in the training video Johnny was discussing with me in the transfer thread.
The movement for the goal was far more dynamic involving some excellent running off the ball. The training vid was only two players which is why I thought it was a bit linear.

As YW said though we only get shown what they want and clearly the finishing bit from an angle was a component of that.

The finish was nice.

I was very impressed with our movement as a whole yesterday even against poor opposition.

Last edited:
This one's going to be on the Wolves YouTube channel isn't it?

Wonder if that is a back four or Corbeanu wing-back

The way the graphic is suggests

Smith
Mosquera-Collins-Gomes-Bueno
Donck-Ronan
MGW-Podence-Corbeanu
Cundle

Back