• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier league relegation 14/15

The problem with him selling Newcastle is that all the money he's injected (£129m at the last count) sits on the books as loans, so the book value of the club is way inflated beyond what anyone will realistically pay. He wanted £267m for it last time he contemplated selling up. Not going to happen.

There are 137 adverts for Sports Direct inside St James' Park, beamed around the world every other week, and Sports Direct pay nothing for that privilege. For the time being that state of affairs suits Ashley just fine.

Today's stat of the day; Villa have had 12 shots on target. All season. Bloody hell. Now that they've stopped getting flukey 1-0s they have to go back into the mix, that is absolutely awful.

To be fair, Aston Villa have had a very tough run of games, but I agree that their shots on target is just not good enough.

Big game for Redknapp today, he could find himself on a Raheem Sterling backlash after all those tiredness allegations. I wonder if Tim Sherwood will be watching from the stands.

I truely hope the Shite get relegated

They needed points on the board early, which they've struggled to do. Their run in is very tough. If they're not 9 points clear of relegation going into the last six games I can see them going down.

Big game for Redknapp today, he could find himself on a Raheem Sterling backlash after all those tiredness allegations. I wonder if Tim Sherwood will be watching from the stands.

He's gone 3-5-2 again. They'll get thumped.

Scratch that, he's just botched it and got both Onuoha and Isla out of position in a 4-4-2.

And Dw's favourite Fer should have scored too.Sterling still fatigued and Balo still rubbish.

Not watching, but Leicester sound dire again. They'll be right back in the mix soon.

Currently there are only four points between 8th and 18th place, so anything could happen. Though QPR and Burnley could be in for a long hard season.

B0_f7jzIUAA5voF.jpg

I still don't understand how he got a new contract.

Saw that last night. Truly appalling stats. Make no bones about it, villa are in trouble again. Reminds me of our relegation season. Top after three games counts for fuck all - ask Carlisle fans who remember 1976. Villa are going backwards and can only hope there is enough cack around them to save them by default.

Also the style of play is just awful. No flair, no gumption, just nothing about it of merit.

Those stats that DW put up must be very worrying for Villa fans. Everything points to them going down unless something is done. I have heard Tony Pulis being mentioned as the man who can save their season.

Not a chance. If our relative positions are the same in January, what would be the point?

I wouldn't be so sure. We've said to Sako that if a Premier League club came in for him we'd let him leave and Roy Keane has been spotted at Molineux this season. This could easily happen. The only thing is that buying Sako in Jan could be completely pointless for Villa as he'll be off for a month with Mali anyway. He can't save Villa from relegation if he's in Morocco.

I wouldn't be so sure. We've said to Sako that if a Premier League club came in for him we'd let him leave

If the valuation matches what we are after. If Villa come along and say how about £1m and we are looking good for promotion, the club will gamble that having Sako will be worth more that having that £1m (a Kenny Millermax situation if you will)

In January (assuming our table position is similar or better than now) we will undoubtedly be offering him a new deal. Totally no chance of a move to Villa happening unless we fall away and they actually look like being a top flight club in August.

Back