• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier league relegation 14/15

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Burnley are toast (unless Ings & Vokes are fit 2nd half & fire immediately) & QPR likely to join them.

Who are the third tam?

It is early days yet, but I think all three promoted clubs will find it difficult. Though Leicester City should have enough to stay up.

I think Poyet and Pardew may experience some severe sphincter tightening around xmas, and it won't be due to too much hooch in the xmas pud either.

Leicester will be fine from what I've seen so far.

Burnley are fucked - too early to choose between the other two but would love Redknapp to get relegated again.

I still feel Newcastle might be that third team,I agree Burnley and QPR look destined for the drop.

Burnley & QPR are destined for the drop but I expect a Newcastle or an Albion to drop with them. Especially when the fans start to lose faith.

As long as QPR bite the dust and then have to pay their fine to avoid the conference I am not bothered about anyone else

I thought I'd withhold judgement until watching Newcastle tonight, suffice to say I don't think their current league position is misleading in any way.

I think it's three from the current bottom five (Hull, Sunderland, QPR, Newcastle, Burnley) plus West Brom. I had West Ham down to struggle before the season started but Sakho and Valencia look like good additions so goals should be more plentiful. If Fat Sam finally wakes up and realises they look miles better without his mate Fat Kev Nolan stinking the place out they should be fine.

Sunderland play dull football and have the worst performing striking department in Europe. Hull only just about managed a point a game last season, have started poorly this year and this is around the time that Steve Bruce's teams start collapsing. West Brom have had a good week but that doesn't change them having a manager who will surely prove to be out of his depth, you really couldn't draw any conclusions from yesterday as Burnley were as poor as Derby's 07/08 vintage.

The current bottom three will have to improve significantly and I'm not so sure they have it in their locker. Newcastle have a lot of underperforming players, little goal threat and a lame duck manager. QPR have a manager who doesn't give a toss and sends out entire midfields who can't or won't run - with Hoddle working his unmagic behind the scenes too. Burnley look absolutely woeful. As noted on the Live Match thread earlier the signings they have made would not trouble Wolves' first XI let alone anyone in the Premier League, shocking business and while they shouldn't threaten Derby's 11 point record, they could very easily end up with the least goals scored ever in a PL season.

Derby also currently hold this with 20 goals in 2007/8, as it stands I'm not sure I back Burnley to score 19 or more in their remaining 32 games to add to the solitary goal they notched on the opening weekend. They create virtually nothing, their central midfield is a creativity free zone and in the absence of Ings and Vokes, they have three appalling strikers in Jutkiewicz, Sordell and Barnes at the sharp end. Between them, those three scored 23 in 116 Championship fixtures last season. For balance, in 2008/9, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Andy Keogh, Chris Iwelumo and Sam Vokes scored 50 goals between them in 160 appearances and went on to score a grand total of 3 between them the following year in the Premier League.

Last edited:
Sunderland have the worst performing striking department in Europe.

How can your brain even form this thought when you know full well they've got ALTIDORE!?

The rest of your post was very good!

I am sure that Newcastle's results will improve. I cannot see them being relegated, though they could be in for a tough old season.

Newcastle have had form over the last nearly thirty games which was as bad as us getting relegated under Mick. They are hugely blessed that there was a change of season in there. Nothing to suggest they are cast-iron to get out of it.

I would LOVE Burnley to stay up at their expense.

Newcastle have had form over the last nearly thirty games which was as bad as us getting relegated under Mick. They are hugely blessed that there was a change of season in there. Nothing to suggest they are cast-iron to get out of it.

I would LOVE Burnley to stay up at their expense.

I totally agree. I would like Burnley to stay up. Newcastle may deserve to be in trouble, but I just think that even if in trouble, they will have the finances to bring in players in the January transfer window to keep them safe.

Ashley seems to have interests in Glasgow suddenly. I think he is too bored to give Pardew much.

Maybe Ashley has plans to take over at Ibrox. But would that mean him having to sell Newcastle?

He has an agreement with the SFA that while he is in charge of Newcastle, he can't own more than 10% of Rangers.

Mike Ashley is only interested in what any venture can do for him in terms of pure profit or brand exposure. He doesn't care about Rangers as a football club.

However even with their current circumstances, it's easier to envisage them being in the Champions League before Newcastle.

Mike Ashley is only interested in what any venture can do for him in terms of pure profit or brand exposure. He doesn't care about Rangers as a football club.

However even with their current circumstances, it's easier to envisage them being in the Champions League before Newcastle.

Maybe he will sell up at Newcastle, and buy Rangers.

Back