• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier league relegation 14/15

Yep, typical of Bruce. They've completely lost the plot.

They have a tough run in but diame is back now

I can't see Hull getting another point.

What the fuck is Bruce playing at? He is still playing his son and McShane at the back. It really baffles me, how can you lose the plot so bad.

I have QPR and Hull and then between Sunderland and West Brom on goal difference on 34 points.

The penultimate week looks critical for a lot of clubs.

It is too close to call, but I think that QPR and Leicester City will go down, and one of Sunderland, Hull City and Burnley to join them in the dreaded drop.

Had a bit of a play on a predictor and ended up with QPR, Hull and Sunderland as the three for the drop. I'll be pleased if it is those three, as would quite like to see Burnley and Leicester escape.

Now that it looks highly likely we will be in the Championship next year, who would people want to go down purely on football grounds ie better option for us next year? For me:

Hull - Comparatively big wage bill so they will need to trim this whilst others will want out, I could see a season of transition for them

QPR - Old squad, FFP issues (although I think the FL will bottle it) and Austin will leave

Sunderland - A combination of both Hull and QPR with old and expensive players. History says that they always bounce back and will probably throw money at it, but I can't see Defoe hanging around, Fletcher has form upon relegation, Cattermole will go to somewhere like Stoke and they'll need a new manager. This is the one I'm least sure about as if they kept their players and got a good manager then they could be very strong, but I feel that Burnley and Leicester will be more Championship ready assuming Dyche stays at the former and Villa will pick up the point or 2 they need with Everton, West Ham and Burnley all still to play at home

QPR and Sunderland are likely to start next season with new managers so we are a tad unsure how competitive they will be next season. Hull City I would hope get relegated, hopeless manager and a poor squad of players who they will struggle to unload.

QPR have a £50m problem hanging over them, as long as the football league grow some balls. Hull were in FFP trouble earlier in the season with UEFA so that tells you all you need to know about their wage bill and the serious trim it is going to need. Sunderland could either blitz the division or struggle a la Cardiff - they wouldn't be as bad as Fulham I don't think.

Burnley would be a good prospect to bounce back. They would lose Ings but other than that I think the squad would stay together and Dyche is decent manager. Leicester would lose Cambiasso and probably Ulloa but they have a decent squad and would be right up there. Personally I hope those two stay up.

Back