• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Premier league relegation 14/15

Those stats that DW put up must be very worrying for Villa fans. Everything points to them going down unless something is done. I have heard Tony Pulis being mentioned as the man who can save their season.

The Tony Pulis aura will go at some point. Sooner or later he will take on a club & find that he can get relegated

Early days yet, but last seasons three promoted teams currently occupy the three relegation places.

Leicester are only there on goals scored. And palace have warnock...

It's actually getting harder to predict imo.Clubs coming up seem (generally) better prepared than a few years ago (I have no fackts to back this up).

Bit of a thread bump here because things could very well get rather interesting down at the bottom of the Premier League.

Albion have had 2 disastrous results - their run in is absolutely horrendous and they could very well have to nick an unlikely win somewhere, or even hope that 3 teams finish below their current tally of 33 points.

Leicester's last few results have been the opposite, and their run in doesn't look anywhere near as bad.

I fear for Burnley but they've not got the hardest of run-ins - though that doesn't really matter seeing as they struggle to score goals regardless of the opposition

QPR still have to go to Man City and Liverpool

But there are some MASSIVE fixtures still to play - Burnley v Leicester, Hull v Burnley, Sunderland v Leceister, Leicester v QPR

So who do we think will drop? If any of the current bottom 3 are to survive, I reckon it might just be Leicester due to their current momentum. And it could be at the expense of Sunderland who look utterly rancid.

So I'm going with Burnley, QPR, Sunderland. Albion to stay up by 2 points at the very most.

Hull, QPR and Burnley. I think Leicester complete their Lazarus-esque escape and Albion and Sunderland stay up by virtue of Hull and QPR being utter shite.

I'd love it if Hull go down so I hope that Burnley beat them to put one of the nails in their coffin. As Villa and A****n are only one victory away from safety I can see them both managing that so QPR and Burnley to fill up the other two spots.

Albion aren't safe yet and the last two results have been horrific - apparently the football is absolutely shocking to watch as well - but they probably only need one win and Newcastle away looks a decent one to be targeting for them.

Would like Burnley and Leicester to stay up, they have at least been giving teams a decent game all season and have approached it in the right way without necessarily having the requisite luck that you need at that end of the league. Given that I think Villa and Albion will escape now I'd like Sunderland and Hull to be joining QPR. Sunderland have been terrible for years now and for their own good probably need to be relegated with the accompanying clearout, Hull offer nothing as a club and they've been appalling for all of 2014 and 2015, the standard Steve Bruce template of collapsing after a couple of years. Incredible that he got handed a new deal.

I really want Albion, Sunderland and Hull to go down. All horrible in one way or another.

Hull have spent a lot of money and got worse, plus key players like Huddlestone and Davies have either been unavailable or underperformed.

Look a the fixtures, I fancy Burnley to stay up, which would be fantastic. Their game against Leicester next week is a big one, but also play Villa, Stoke, Hull, West Ham. They have a chance in all of those games. Dyche is doing tremendously well all things considered!

Had a go at a predictor, and had Leicester, QPR, Hull to go down. Burnley 14th on 35 points who I have proably been kind on, Sunderland escape by a point.

Got a link to the predictor, YW? I'll give it a go.

If Albion don't get a result on Saturday, I think they are down. Burnley and Hull would be my other two.

I think Albion have just about done enough to be OK, though next season will be a worry as I can't see Pulis changing his approach and he won't get loads of money to spend I would imagine.

As long as QPR go down, all will be well.

I'd like to see Hull & Sunderland go down too, & as others have said I'd like Burnley and Leicester to stay up. There's no way both will though, & I think Leicester will go. Their game v Burnley is huge! Loser is for the drop I'm afraid.

I think someone will end up staying in the league with 33 points on gd. I had Sunderland, QPR and Burnley to go

Hull, Sunderland, and Leicester, for me. In that order.

Have to say the possibility of enduring a 33 point season (even if it avoids relegation) fills me with no enthusiasm for Wolves eventual (hopefully) return to the Prem.

I would say qpr(letting un goals every game), sunderland(no defence at all) and burnley(lack of goals scored)..hull(can also go down) same with wba..leicester scores a lot, always a good sign

Back