• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Recent Website Slowdown?

One thing - pages don't seem to be fully loading: the 'connecting' circle in my browser keeps going, with the message 'transferring data from farm4.staticflickr.com'. Doesn't seem to affect the page much, though.

Seems pretty good now thanks.

Mind you late at night 2300 onwards, there seems to be a fair delay between clicking onto a main thread, but once it opens, I can access the individual threads pretty quick with responses being faster now as well, but it just seems changing from say 'Gen Chat' to 'Wolves' takes about 15 - 20 seconds...

During the day, it's perfect.

Still dogshite and slow with double posts at this time of night with time-out errors as well.

Could just be me, but site has been so slow as to be pretty much unusable at times tonight

Why does it always take forever to get on this site when its late in the day, and why do double posts seem to only happen at night and not in the day

After 10pm it's slow as hell.

I believe it's when the site backup is done.

I posted a reasonably long thing the other night at about 1050pm and after waiting for it to appear, it came up with the message that it had timed out after 30 seconds so it got lost so I went to bed.

Can't the back up be done around 2 or 3 or 4 am when no one's on it?
Though I think this was asked back at the beginning or somewhere.
Not the end of the world but a pain in the arse and very irritating, though I've lost a few in similar fashion, I don't recall ever having a double post...

I posted a reasonably long thing the other night at about 1050pm and after waiting for it to appear, it came up with the message that it had timed out after 30 seconds so it got lost so I went to bed.

Can't the back up be done around 2 or 3 or 4 am when no one's on it?
Though I think this was asked back at the beginning or somewhere.
Not the end of the world but a pain in the arse and very irritating, though I've lost a few in similar fashion, I don't recall ever having a double post...

The site needs a remote backup & it depends on whether those kindly running it have any control over when this happens.

Given that none of us pay anything towards this sites costs (& there must be some) then we may have to accept some issues

I think that due to the late World Cup kick offs, more of us are trying to post at a certain time and therefore noticing the problem.

Mr Parkin has hit the nail on the head though with his post.

Forum down to a crawl again. It's around 22:30 every night. I know why but it's still annoying.

Unbelievably slow tonight, to the point of being unusable

A lot of double postings for me this morning :/

Running slow this morning too. Includes opening of threads and replying to them.

Yep, thought it was just me !

Same here..was veeeeerrrryyyy sloooooow

Back