• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Plucky hard luck stories normally regress to just standard defeats. They did recruit well late in the window though

They've looked the best of the promoted sides, which doesn't really say much. Usually one of them does ok but it doesn't look likely this year.

It'll be okay, next summer is designated as a "feast" window (as long as we don't have to panic buy in January, obvs...)

I thought that the last two seasons Pad but then teams all seemed to get those little surges at the end of the year.

Two seasons ago 29 would have kept you up I think. Burnley got 28 in 18th I think. The lowest surviving total so far is our dear friends 34.

The three promoted are weak, Everton are appalling, Bournemouth aren’t much better, and neither are we. Some right dross at the bottom. Sad I include us in that.

Blues went down on 39 the year before us, West Ham have done with 40 before now. I do agree though that there are 6 teams who at least at this stage look very poor and feels like anything starting with a 3 will keep you up. Early days though.

I think Bournemouth will be ok made some decent signings and have a decent manager.
The last relegation spot is probably between us, Everton and Burnley.

I think Bournemouth will be ok made some decent signings and have a decent manager.
The last relegation spot is probably between us, Everton and Burnley.

Not sure about that, they are winless and probably get walloped today by Chelsea.

Spent a lot of money in the summer yet still have a midfield of Billing, Cook & Christie is pretty poor.

I don't know much about Iraola but his record at face value is quite meh. No more impressive than someone like Chris Wilder with much less experience.

What makes him decent?

Not sure about that, they are winless and probably get walloped today by Chelsea.

Spent a lot of money in the summer yet still have a midfield of Billing, Cook & Christie is pretty poor.

I don't know much about Iraola but his record at face value is quite meh. No more impressive than someone like Chris Wilder with much less experience.

What makes him decent?
Did really well with Rayo last season on a limited budget. They were quite exciting to watch by all accounts.

What makes him decent?

Billing was very good last season have Brook coming back to form and Scott to return from injury.
Solanke isn’t the worst forward either, Rayo Vallecano did very well last season Iraola and played some good football fair to say they’ve improved their first team coach.
What’s your evidence for Chelsea walloping them?

Did really well with Rayo last season on a limited budget. They were quite exciting to watch by all accounts.

I have read that but it's a very limited CV. I'd put him under unproven still, even if there seems to be potential.

They were great to watch, and also a great ground to visit if you’re in Madrid. Particularly if you like a radical left-wing fan base. Plus you can watch Penelope Cruz in Volver as pre-match research.

Back