• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Before anyone asks I had zero responsibility in the setting up of this thread

They didn’t dominate quite as much as they appeared to though. Quite an average selection of players plus some very young ones. They’ll stay up but don’t think they will be that comfortable
Yep, like us I think they will benefit from the 18* team league.

*I've been extremely disrespectful of Luton and Blades lately but like come on. They're fucked.

Sheffield United were absolutely dog turd today, it was like a league 2 side against city in the fa cup.

A competent manager and we should stay up as there are some poor teams in this division.

Not sure we have one at the moment though (but will be happy to be proved wrong).

They have signed Hamer though, I do like that business, get they need more than that.

I think they could drop 200m and still be in trouble based on today. Obviously early days but from what I saw they'll be troubling Derby's record.

My thoughts are we will be on the end of a few hidings, we will also have a few surprise defeats.
Our defence is weaker than for a few years especially in depth.

Midfield I think we are stronger overall than we have been since our last Nuno season.
We will create a fair few chances.

Up front the jury is out. We are no where near as strong as we were with Jota and Raul, and not as strong as we were the season of Raul's injury. I think we are probably stronger than we were last 2 years, in Sasa and watching him pre season Fabio.

We will probably score more goals than the last 2 years, our issue is will we be tight enough at the back to score more than we concede.

I hope I am wrong and this season is good, and O'Neil proves us all wrong, I really do.

Monday our Midfield will probably be a match for Utd and may actually be better , I just don't think we will be good enough at the back to keep it below 5, we need Fabio, Cunha to find there shooting boots

We are in the conversation for relegation because half the league possibly more are but some of the 11s that have been put out so far are absolutely rank and if we finish in the bottom 3 this season looking at some of the other teams being put out we deserve to go anyway. Player for player we are definitely not one of the 3 worst

We are in the conversation for relegation because half the league possibly more are but some of the 11s that have been put out so far are absolutely rank and if we finish in the bottom 3 this season looking at some of the other teams being put out we deserve to go anyway. Player for player we are definitely not one of the 3 worst
Player for player no, manager for manager yes.

Only Heckingbottom is a worse manager in the PL.

Worse than Rob Edwards? Who hasn’t managed in the PL until now? Haha
I didn’t want O’Neil, but at least he did alright enough for Bournemouth last year - I’m not convinced all of the other managers would have done the same.

Worse than Rob Edwards? Who hasn’t managed in the PL until now? Haha
I didn’t want O’Neil, but at least he did alright enough for Bournemouth last year - I’m not convinced all of the other managers would have done the same.
So well that Bournemouth binned him. Surely that sets some alarm bells ringing in even the most optimistic fans?

It's hardly the first time it's ever happened is it? Jackett turfed out for Zenga, which one would you rather have had in charge?
I mean I hate the big fat cunt, but Venky's chucking Allardyce for STEVE KEAN has to be the winner.

One of the very, very few managers I reckon are close to Saunders for outstanding ineptitude.

I really disagree.
Whilst he is not my choice, and I think he will fail.

Dyche, Heckinbottom, Rob Edwards, are all worse, whilst there are 4 or 5 equally as bad.
Woy, for a start is no better, he may well have been England Manager, but now he is terrible

Back