• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Aah, I've missed something
I mixed Rick up with Rupert a while ago, going on about Seol or something (the "joke" would work better if there never was a Rupert, but there was, but let Francis Rossi have his fun)

Whose been nibbling his ear, reckon he’d make an half decent Nosferatu.

SWEET CAROLINE??? Get to fuck. They actually talked about that on the Hello! Quo documentary filmed before the reunion of the original lineup in 2013, I don’t think the story went quite like that. I’d have to watch it again as I don’t remember it very well.

Ok I opened this up without knowing the Everton news and I was so confused

Everton are still largely dependent on keeping DCL fit to avoid relegation

I feel like this is said every year, and then DW gives a list of what has been needed each year for the last 20 years.

I suppose you never know: the points deduction could give the three newly promoted clubs an incentive/one or more of them may spend big in January. But I've seen nothing from the three of them to suggest any one of them will stay up. Luton would probably be the horse I'd back, if any.

I feel like this is said every year, and then DW gives a list of what has been needed each year for the last 20 years.
Always best if you work on what the team in 17th got, as it's them you need to be overhauling.

2004: Everton (39)
2005: West Brom (34)
2006: Portsmouth (38)
2007: Wigan (38)
2008: Fulham (36)
2009: Hull (35)
2010: West Ham (35)
2011: Wolves (40)
2012: QPR (37)
2013: Sunderland (39)
2014: West Brom (36)
2015: Aston Villa (38)
2016: Sunderland (39)
2017: Watford (40)
2018: Southampton (36)
2019: Brighton (36)
2020: Aston Villa (35)
2021: Burnley (39)
2022: Leeds (38)
2023: Everton (36)

This year will be different imo, ignoring the Everton situation none of those bottom 3 have it in them to get more than 30 points. Luton are currently tracking for 19 points. If they were to pick up a ppg from here on in which is double their current rate they'd only get to 32

If you believe the narrative about us having to cut our cloth accordingly this season, then it turns out to be a decent season to do it!

I'd prefer our way than getting a points deduction.

If you believe the narrative of course....

If you believe the narrative about us having to cut our cloth accordingly this season, then it turns out to be a decent season to do it!

I'd prefer our way than getting a points deduction.

If you believe the narrative of course....
We did have to sell players, no two ways about it.

Our messaging, whether publicly, farmed out to the media or behind the scenes was dreadful.

Back