• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ricketts leaves Wolves

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
Club have announced he will be leaving after two years.

It was quite sad how it ended for him, he barely featured this season but he remains one of my favourite Wolves captains for the way he held himself and contributed to a fantastic title winning season.

Thank you Sam

Was vital in our rebuild and injected some much needed stability and confidence in our back 4 and 'keeper. Scored a couple of crackers an' all.

Club have announced he will be leaving after two years.

It was quite sad how it ended for him, he barely featured this season but he remains one of my favourite Wolves captains for the way he held himself and contributed to a fantastic title winning season.

Thank you Sam

I can only echo the above. Feel the same way and wish him all the best!

I wish him well - he was a very important player for us when we needed to stop the rot quickly.

I'd love to see him back here in a coaching role once he's finished playing.

I'll never forget that goal against Rotherham. What a moment.

Hope he goes to a club with ambition and that he can give them the same lift as he did us. (NOT Chesterfield!)
Good luck Sam and thank you

Fantastic bloke. Made my kids first game (v Rotherham) very special - he was their favourite player, gave them a wave and a thumbs up at the start and then smashed in a great goal at the end.

Everything a wolves player should be, polar opposite to Johnson and friends.

That Rotherham goal will live long in my memory - I was right in line with it at the front row of the South Bank. A beauty of a goal in such a memorable game

In the league 1 games I managed to get to, or watch on tv, I thought he was brilliant. Comfortable with either foot, capable of any position in the back 4.

Still believe that KJ signed him for his captaincy abilities, and as a role model for the numerous emerging youth players.
Has conducted himself with great dignity, and been a good leader on the pitch at a time we needed it most. Handled himself brilliantly with the media too. Took a lot of pressure off younger/other players right from day one.

I think in time we'll see Ricketts as being quite a pivotal part of our regeneration. I suspect he did a hell of a lot behind the scenes too, highlighted by him doing the coaching last season.

He may not be a great, but he has been very very important to us.

Really only featured for one year but this guy will go down as a club favorite. What remarkable poise and leadership when we needed it most. Good luck, Sam.

I think that Sam will leave Molineux with everyone wishing him well. I can only echo what others have said, he played a very big part in our promotion campaign. Whatever he does next, I wish him every success.

Best wishes to the guy. Dignity, class, leadership, he did an absolutely mammoth job in league one and hopefully he can move onto another good club and keep giving.

It also shows where Ken differs from Mick - no favourites.

Many thanks and Good Luck Samuel - you did us proud.
Still don't understand how he seemed to be ignored for selection last season, especially when Goldbourne was 'missing'

Hopefully Ricketts ends up back at Wolves one day. Sad to see him go.

Bracket with Gary Breen, Micky Gray, Chris Iwelumo, Marcus Hahnemann, did a fantastic short term job for us.

Good luck to Sam, the right man at the right time. Did a tremendous job

Bracket with Gary Breen, Micky Gray, Chris Iwelumo, Marcus Hahnemann, did a fantastic short term job for us.

A good group to add to with young master Ricketts. Really enjoyed his time with us and would hope we see him in a coaching capacity in the future.

My first impression of him was making the players come over and acknowledge the fans away at Chesterfield in the pre season game not long as KJ took over. There seemed to be a clear amount of respect for him already and as a fan it felt great to see a captain who seemed to value us all coming out to a pre season game. Would love to have him back in the future in some capacity if he is looking beyond playing in the future.

Thank you Sam - the right man at the right time.

Telling that he was, I think, Kenny's first acquisition, brought in to give leadership to what was to become a young side with the old guard booted out early.

Did that with great aplomb.

Echoing earlier sentiments, adding that I'm actually glad we've released him now while the memories were still good rather than to possibly see his defending break down over time.

Best of luck, Captain Sam.

Back