• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Love them or loathe them a massive moment in history.

Whilst the likes of Johnson are popular and folk vote for him in their droves then I’m happy that the ceremonial head of state that we have continues.
RIP Queen Elizabeth and my heartfelt thanks for your service to our country.

I half expect the football to be cancelled as we entre 3 days of Mourning.

Football can wait.
This is a really sad day and also an históric one i would guess none of us have known anything other than Queen Elizabeth.

I am devastasted, the people of Spain are showing far more respect than some.

I have had strangers come into the bar just to to say condolences, muy flags are at half mast.

I’d expect better from someone well educated like myself.
“ grow a pair” do you want to put that in context?
I think I pretty much had a pair when I served 9 years in services and in the second gulf war.
Not looking for any fight here just genuinely interested. Does the Queen part of Queen and Country generally mean a lot to those in the forces? Always assumed it was more a phrase than one with any real depth these days

So what’s the difference between you coming on a football forum - when you claim to be upset by the news - and Paddy having an interest in something other than the death of an old woman?

It’s about having just a tiny ounce of respect for those who’re upset by this. My comment says it can wait don’t mind the debate but think of the timing.
This isn’t a bad football result this is a death of someone people had a lot of respect for.
If you saw someone was upset about this
Just a bit if you look at my Facebook you’ll see a lot of upset folk who I served with.
Especially in the trade group I was in many of my colleagues met her on numerous occasions.
I served her lunch during the 2002 jubilee celebrations. So I won’t apologise for feeling some grief.
Nor will I be told what should and shouldn’t offend me.
Simple request.
Came on here thinking it would be like the RIP thread my mistake

Not looking for any fight here just genuinely interested. Does the Queen part of Queen and Country generally mean a lot to those in the forces? Always assumed it was more a phrase than one with any real depth th3se days
Judging by the comments of my ex Military friends, their allegiance to the reigning monarch is sacrosanct.

Not looking for any fight here just genuinely interested. Does the Queen part of Queen and Country generally mean a lot to those in the forces? Always assumed it was more a phrase than one with any real depth these days
Didn’t mean a huge amount when I was in, you pledge allegiance to the monarch and their heirs and successors, but honestly you’re doing it for your mates serving alongside you and they for you

Quite surprised the number of comments like that I've seen from ex/current forces individuals too. Similar to you I'd always assumed it was just lip service as part of the old routine, had no idea so many really invested in that phrase so heavily.

My Facebook timeline which has many current and ex serving members is full RIP comments etc
It’s not a loving but it’s respect of her not all like her but majority have a respect for her.

She was always referred to informally as the boss, because we all worked for her, any royal visit she did, it was always ‘ get the barracks/camp clean for the boss,’

It
It very much did when I joined and forma serving friends it still does

Once of my friends posted this says it perfectly

Safe in the arms of Jesus your majesty, You dedicated your whole life to your country you will never be forgotten prayers are with your family 🙏

Chance I can go to City now at least. Cheese QE2.

Back