• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RIP Queen Elizabeth II

So sad to hear off her passing as inevitable as it was, it still creates a sad suprise, some part of me just wanted her to carry on forever

I think a person who has dedicated her whole life to duty prioritising the obligations of post above her own personal wants should rightly be lauded. A constant in most peoples lives she was quite the statesman and ruled over a great period of change, she was a link to our past whilst ruling over arguably our most peaceful period.

Feel for her family and hope that Charles uses her example when taking his role as our new king.

Full respect from a total foreigner. I'm not a fan of monarchs, or monarchy in general, as is well known around here. But the Queen deserves a lot of respect.

A hug to everyone on the forum, a special one to those who will undoubtedly feel down with the news.

So sad to hear off her passing as inevitable as it was, it still creates a sad suprise, some part of me just wanted her to carry on forever

I think a person who has dedicated her whole life to duty prioritising the obligations of post above her own personal wants should rightly be lauded. A constant in most peoples lives she was quite the statesman and ruled over a great period of change, she was a link to our past whilst ruling over arguably our most peaceful period.

Feel for her family and hope that Charles uses her example when taking his role as our new king.
pretty much my thoughts. I’m not a monarchist and can’t abide the unnecessary pomp and circumstance that seems to go with it but regardless of thoughts about the institution she was certainly a credit to the nation and didn’t shirk in her duties, whatever ridiculous event attendance that required.

her reign being so long also reflects some significant historical events and landmarks and I think that’s an added reason why people are sad when someone significant passes - it reminds you of those events and of your own life and of other people you’ve lost.

Did a grand job and she lived a full and what looked like a wonderful life.

Time for a celebration of her life not just grief.

Never to big to admit she got some things wrong and never too condescending to let you know she was your ruler.

A fine innings by any measurement.

Time for a celebration of her life not just grief.
This is why I don’t understand everything stopping still. Take football as a good example, if games were on this weekend be lots of ways people would celebrate her life.

As someone who really doesn’t give a shit about it all I find it such a strange response but then it sounds very similar to when Diana died. And clearly this was planned for a very long time ago and not adapted at all for a very different era

This is why I don’t understand everything stopping still. Take football as a good example, if games were on this weekend be lots of ways people would celebrate her life.

As someone who really doesn’t give a shit about it all I find it such a strange response but then it sounds very similar to when Diana died. And clearly this was planned for a very long time ago and not adapted at all for a very different era
Last parts of the planning were done 3 years ago.
Updated at regular times to fit in to the times.

With regards to the period of national mourning, the Government at the time decides that. The only day of mourning requested in the 10 days is the day of the funeral.

I do a job. I clean peoples crap and stuff that they decide they don’t want to take with them tomorrow off buses every night. Can you tell me what she did every day to deserve the vast fortunes she died with? Thank you.
I'm broadly in agreement, but there's another thread for that discussion. Let those who want to pay their respects on this one do so.

Last parts of the planning were done 3 years ago.
Updated at regular times to fit in to the times.

With regards to the period of national mourning, the Government at the time decides that. The only day of mourning requested in the 10 days is the day of the funeral.
I see. This is such a strange place to live to be fair regardless so this shouldn’t surprise me

One of my friends summed it up quite nicely in a Facebook post last night, that I thought I might share in here.

I'm not a royalist by any means and I find it strange to be sad at the passing of a stranger I'm aware of, but never met. Yet I've seen her image almost every day in one way or another. I've shared in Royal Jubilee celebrations from a child with my parents and grandmother, now long passed, and I remember the TV programs that finished at night to the national anthem.

She has actually been a massive part of the last 57 years of my life without me really being aware of it. My mum passed away 6 years ago on the 12th of this month and I relate to the loss of a mother and grandmother, but I didn't think the passing of the queen would make me sad at all - but if it's only just the nostalgia part of her being a constant through all of my own life; that it's actually a massive change and is a very sad moment in time. It really is the end of an era.

I must say that Kier Stamers tribute in Parliament hit the right note with me, I didn't think much of Liz trusses effort and nor did the beeb as they switched her off half way to look at an airport runway.

Many years ago the Queen visited Rugeley (guessing the train slowed down and the wheels got nicked).

At the time my Dad was doing photography as a hobby. Sold a few pics to the local papers. For the Queens visit he made a fake press pass and was allowed onto the platform to take pictures. Essentially could get as close as he wanted! Imagine trying that shit nowFB_IMG_1662727667756.jpg

FB_IMG_1662727661854.jpg

Back