• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Ah but this time of year QLD and NSW are the same time zone! One day QLD might hear of daylight savings time but I doubt it

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with the 2nd half...

Sharkies vs Chooks later though.

Penrith very impressive so far. Grand final between them and the Broncos would be some match.

Oh hello…

Fantastic warriors try, but they still have a mountain to climb

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with the 2nd half...

Sharkies vs Chooks later though.
Of the 8 teams in the play-offs, 6 of them have coaches who have been associated at some time in their careers with the Roosters coaching set up

Huge call in Tedesco there. Roosters down to 15 fit players and Teddy now in the bin...

Sharks should've put it to bed with Teddy in the bin. It's down to who's got the most gas in the tank.

This game is superb. Incredible defence by the Roosters holding on to a 1 point lead

Wonderful advert for NRL play off league, and really league in general. Everyone knows with my roots I am really a union man but when league is played like the NRL with that speed and the ball in play so much it is a truly wonderful game to watch.

EDIT - this is isn't meant to denigrate Superleague at all. There are great games there too. I didn't watch a lot at home though. Here league is everything and union really is an afterthought. Something I am getting used to and enjoying. Must get a Hull KR shirt to wear when I haven't got my Broncos one available for a pub night due to washing it.

Yeah, Super League is a decent standard. There's a few Brits that have done well for themselves down under.

At times, you do post more and more like an Aussie though...

BTW, the current world club champions are?

Now that was a magnificent match and thoroughly deserved victory for Saints!

Having had a few holidays in NSW, Rugby League (the footy) is their equivalent of our Premier League.
Given that Rugby League in this country is predominantly set in the North I think we do very well, even if most teams have their fair share of Aussies.

Back