• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season ticket details released

Interesting snapshot though, the debate people have had regarding not renewing.
As a non-STH, I've really been interested, as I have every intention of eventually being a STH, for at least 1 season when I can afford it.
Interesting that a fair few seem to have renewed out of the fear of a spiralling cost.

I haven't renewed for a number of reasons:

1. It allows me to spend time at home with the family on a Saturday rather than feeling I have to go.
2. Taking into accounts games I might miss, it's probably cheaper to pay as you play.
3. I can choose where I want to sit (Stand).
4. Sky.
5. I don't have to go if the football becomes/stays tedious and boring.

I haven't renewed for a number of reasons:

1. It allows me to spend time at home with the family on a Saturday rather than feeling I have to go.
2. Taking into accounts games I might miss, it's probably cheaper to pay as you play.
3. I can choose where I want to sit (Stand).
4. Sky.
5. I don't have to go if the football becomes/stays tedious and boring.
Penk, may I ask if those reasons are in order of importance?
(FWIW #1 is the best reason I can see).

Cheers mucka. Probably worth doing as I still expect to attend about 70% of the home matches.

You also get 10% merchandise cash every time you buy tat from the Clubshop

Reading about "to renew or not renew" on here and over there, it seems to me that it wont be a massive drop off of STH.

I gave up my ST a few years ago when work meant I couldn't do midweek games and the onfield performance meant you didn't need one to guarantee attendance. Sunday was my 10th game of the season and 8th at home, with that I got in the Cardiff game for half price, Forest on the Black Friday deal (can't remember what that was now, 1/2 price?), MK Dons and Blues for £5 ticket cash so effectively free, for £17.50 membership and 10% ticket cash on other games. For £15 my lad has had the ticket cash plus 3 free games. I'll probably end up doing 12 games live plus around another 8 on television. I'm happy with that.

Reading about "to renew or not renew" on here and over there, it seems to me that it wont be a massive drop off of STH.

I think we have a hard core support of around 9000 who will buy a ticket no matter what the circumstances, hence why the club didn't look at reducing prices.

I renewed at last minute. A change of manager to err proper management would change everything. I totally disagree with most of the views on how crap our players are. I agree Ikeme is probably not good enough. Batth is OK with a decent partner like Stears but Willo will do. EEL has a lot to learn but him and Danny together is a nightmare. Hause is gonna be good. Iorfa is inexperienced but exciting to watch. Price is boringly efficient but overrated by most. Macdonald is the most obvious case of shit management you could see the guy is quality but KJ s rigid shape obsession kills creatives. Henry ditto. Coady is combative. Saville is not very good, Rowe is not good enough. Siggy is appalling as a lone striker but is this just more rubbish management. Byrne probably not good enough. Graham great prospect. Mason functional must have pissed Mr Potatohead of head somehow. Zyro good enough. Dicko workmanlike good enough. Lots of signings we don't get to see enough of. Shit management is our problem I think our squad is good enough for a playoff push with a decent manager. Don't care about Moxey KJ is the problem. KJ got lucky to pick up this job and talked a good game. Obviously after the initial clear out he obviously got the players who effectively got promoted behind him. But his man management destroyed all this. Price, Evans, Jacobs, Ricketts were all appallingly treated. He has never known his best team or shape and has now tactically disappeared up his own arse. His substitutions are laughable like his selections. He talks bollocks and seem happy with mediocrity which is his level.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I renewed at last minute. A change of manager to err proper management would change everything. I totally disagree with most of the views on how crap our players are. I agree Ikeme is probably not good enough. Batth is OK with a decent partner like Stears but Willo will do. EEL has a lot to learn but him and Danny together is a nightmare. Hause is gonna be good. Iorfa is inexperienced but exciting to watch. Price is boringly efficient but overrated by most. Macdonald is the most obvious case of $#@! management you could see the guy is quality but KJ s rigid shape obsession kills creatives. Henry ditto. Coady is combative. Saville is not very good, Rowe is not good enough. Siggy is appalling as a lone striker but is this just more rubbish management. Byrne probably not good enough. Graham great prospect. Mason functional must have pissed Mr Potatohead of head somehow. Zyro good enough. Dicko workmanlike good enough. Lots of signings we don't get to see enough of. $#@! management is our problem I think our squad is good enough for a playoff push with a decent manager. Don't care about Moxey KJ is the problem. KJ got lucky to pick up this job and talked a good game. Obviously after the initial clear out he obviously got the players who effectively got promoted behind him. But his man management destroyed all this. Price, Evans, Jacobs, Ricketts were all appallingly treated. He has never known his best team or shape and has now tactically disappeared up his own arse. His substitutions are laughable like his selections. He talks bollocks and seem happy with mediocrity which is his level.

I don't agree with all of this, but do most. I do find it particularly childish when you call the manager Mr Potatohead or a Gerbil though and personally think it undermines your points

I've renewed in the hope Wolves will have a new manager next season, a fresh direction..

I'm hoping this too because i can't see Jackett turning it around but how hopeful i actually am i don't know.

Unless we completely collapse in the final nine games - which doesn't seem that likely as we have been set up a bit better post-Brentford - then I think you can forget the club making a clean break in the summer, as much as I think they should. They haven't been moved by calamatious results peppered across the last few months or the poor football throughout, we've always been relatively comfortable in terms of avoiding relegation, we'll end up finishing somewhere between 10th and 14th in all likelihood and as no-one on the board is especially clued up on football they'll just look at that in bald, statistical, league position terms and conclude it's been a transitional season when we've had a lot of injuries and upheaval.

We don't have anyone with the vision to see that the manager isn't progressing us and increasingly plays in a needlessly conservative way, neutering what threat we have. They'll take the view that he's kept us relatively safe, we've got loads of injured players coming back, he deserves another go at it - again because we don't have anyone who understands the game they'll work on inaccurate parallels with Mick getting a third year (ignoring that Mick also had us running at top two form in the final third of our second season and looked like he'd recognised his own faults and was already fixing them ahead of Year 3 before Year 2 had even finished).

The club have been content to leave the club meandering along since we've been up for sale, they don't appear to have any particular wish to rock the boat and make a change that might see us punch above our weight, they seem happy enough that we remain as a mid-table club and just wait it out for a buyer. Needless to say I disagree with that strategy but that's neither here nor there.

There have been two games where I thought Ken might be done this season - as in, I thought the club might have said enough is enough, even given their mindset of accepting mediocrity - Sheffield Wednesday and Brentford away, neither came to pass. So I think you're going to have to wait for us to start next season and be in the bottom six or worse come October if seeing the manager gone is primary amongst your wishes. We're fortunate in a way that our best players are either long term injured (Dicko and Graham) or haven't had a very good season (Iorfa) so we'll probably not have a great deal of interest in them in the summer, sadly I don't have any faith in the club showing any resilience to any halfway decent bids.

I don't agree with all of this, but do most. I do find it particularly childish when you call the manager Mr Potatohead or a Gerbil though and personally think it undermines your points
Lol I never called him a gerbil but now you mention it. Soz I suppose it doesn't come over as a bit funny as it's meant to be.

I agree with all of that DW. I find the situation sad, I can't imagine any other business accepting such mediocrity so openly. I'd add to your post that the CEO is largely to blame for this as he has the power to change course and he's not doing it. From top to bottom Wolves are run by weak leaders.

I agree with all of that DW. I find the situation sad, I can't imagine any other business accepting such mediocrity so openly. I'd add to your post that the CEO is largely to blame for this as he has the power to change course and he's not doing it. From top to bottom Wolves are run by weak leaders.

Jez Moxey would probably say its easy to sack a manager when results are poor and its a strength of a board to retain then try and progress together. Lets face it only Moxey knows the parameters each person has to work within.