• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season ticket details released

We clutch at anything new and dynamic.Doherty is God at the moment. I'm not fooled ...

Doherty is not God, though has had a decent run of games - Graham had roughly 8 games & showed promise before he got injured

Can he improve & go on to play at a higher level - don't know, but I certainly wouldn't write him off yet which you appear to have done

Doherty is not God, though has had a decent run of games - Graham had roughly 8 games & showed promise before he got injured

Can he improve & go on to play at a higher level - don't know, but I certainly wouldn't write him off yet which you appear to have done

We have a dreadful side. All the potential is hot air. I don't share the optimism.

I cannot remember a side as bad. All praise to KJ for functionality.

There is nothing ' Team ' about it.

Just don't get the negativity where its not needed (there's plenty of real reasons to be negative) Graham is 21, just broke into the first team and shown signs he could be a very good player, whether he fulfills that promise, we don't know but if he doesn't excite you then you're in for a very disappointing spell. As for Doherty, I don't think anyone thinks he has what it takes so far but he too is pretty young and the last 3-4 games seems to improve every match, doubt he will maintain it but I for one am enjoying him making people eat their words.....even if it is short term.

Looking at the team Lycan has put up.

Ikeme - Not good enough
Iorfa - Potential, but jury's out
Batth - Not good enough
Hause - Potential, but early days
Doherty - Not good enough
Coady - Not good enough
Saville - Not good enough
Hunte - Too early to comment
Mason - Too early to comment, but not impressed so far.
Helan -Too early to comment
Zyro - Too early to comment

Added to that

McDonald - Good enough when he can be arsed.
Dicko - Good enough
Graham - Potential, but early days
Byrne - Too early to comment
EEL - Not good enough
Price - Still not sure.

So, my opinion, we have a couple of decent players and the rest are either not good enough or still have a lot to prove.

What's others thoughts?

Willo is obviously good enough for a year if we ever get him fit.

Henry is a passable squad option at this level, he gets enough goals.

Ikeme - Not good enough -Agree
Iorfa - Potential, but jury's out - gone backwards but has shown ability
Batth - Not good enough - agree
Hause - Potential, but early days - don't see it. Worse defender than EEL just shanks it less.
Doherty - Not good enough - can do a job, best player at the minute
Coady - Not good enough - agree, what a waste of £££
Saville - Not good enough - same
Mason - Too early to comment, but not impressed so far - can play football which is more than half the team.
Helan -Too early to comment - he's terrible![emoji23]
Zyro - Too early to comment - again can play. Puts the Mason fee into perspective though.

Added to that

Dicko - Good enough
Byrne - Too early to comment - he's either short of confidence or rubbish. Most likely both
EEL - Not good enough
Price - Still not sure.

So, my opinion, we have a couple of decent players and the rest are either not good enough or still have a lot to prove.

What's others thoughts?

I think Price is good enough, he just rarely gets selected for the starting eleven.

Ikeme - Not good enough
Iorfa - Potential, but jury's out
Batth - Not good enough
Doherty - Not good enough
Coady - Not good enough
Saville - Not good enough
Mason - Too early to comment, but not impressed so far.
Helan -Too early to comment

Added to that

Dicko - Good enough
Byrne - Too early to comment
EEL - Not good enough
Price - Still not sure.

What's others thoughts?

If you mean long term, then; Ikeme is good enough, just having a crap season,
Iorfa, agree, potential but unproven...but he is young and has shown he can be good so worth persevering imo,
Batth; good enough for Champ if he has a decent partner...will need to upgrade eventually,
Hause..agree
Doherty; going well attm but unlikely to continue..need an upgrade,
Coady; inconsistant so far, wouldn't write him off yet.....but not too excited,
Saville; glad he's had a run but not seen enough from him to think he can cut it above 1st Div,
Hunte; far too early to tell,
Mason; as above,
Helan; and again,
Zyro; quite like what I've seen so far but want to see him over the rest of the season,
McDonald; over-rated, lazy, sloppy, not good enough regularly enough...get rid,
Dicko; probably our best/most important player......bit concerned about long term injuries though,
Graham; very exciting prospect, obviously will need to see how he progresses,
Byrne; again glad he's had a run in the team but doesn't look that good,
Eel; again good enough for Champ with a decent partner,
Price; thought he was gunna kick on this season, don't understand why he hasn't played more often

Ikeme - Not good enough
Iorfa - Top quality but very young, still learning his position, in need of a rest and playing next to a shite centre half
Batth - Not good enough
Doherty - Not good enough but miraculously looks ok at left back. An improvement on Golbourne but no long term answer.
Coady - Above average champ DM in a 4-2-3-1. Awful in a 4-4-2 or pushed further on like the first half vs Bristol.
Saville - Good potential, hasn't shown enough of it though. Needs to improve fast but worth persisting with.
Mason - Good Champ player. Neither a 9 or 10. Tidy finisher, jack of all trades master of none.
Helan - great athlete but has crazy feet and offers fook all in terms of a goal threat.

Added to that

Dicko - Top quality.
Graham - Early days, but has great potential. Fast, skilful, great delivery and very productive n terms of goals/assists.
Byrne - Too early to comment but needs to improve fast. He'll be 24 in June, needs to kick on.
EEL - Abysmal.
Price - Quality in the right side. We're not that.

Now I'm back at my PC:

Ikeme: Not good enough. Movement is truly horrible, error rate is way too high and it's been going on too long now to just be a question of form.
Doherty: Not good enough. Has had three good games in a row but let's not get carried away, we know what his normal level is and it's not even League One.
Helan: Early days but I wouldn't be signing him up permanently, just doesn't have any composure on the ball.
Edwards: Not good enough. Can play one position where scoring and creating are a pre-requisite. Doesn't create anything and doesn't score anywhere near enough.
Williamson: Definitely good enough, we need to get him fit, if it takes until next season then so be it.
Batth: Good enough IF he's in the right back four. Performances alongside Willo were good so not writing him off, he was decent last season.
Henry: Good enough as a squad option, 22 goals in 100 games is a very healthy strike rate. Just don't play him when he's blatantly out of form.
Saville: Jury's out, has a long way to go but there are some positive aspects to his game.
Dicko: Definitely good enough, just need him to come back as good as he was pre-injury.
Mason: Early days, is a reasonable enough footballer and can finish. Not going to bang in 25 a season but no reason why he can't be a success here if used properly.
McDonald: Has the talent, application has been appalling for much of the season. Too many games where he doesn't fancy it.
Wallace: Impossible to say given he has had virtually no opportunity in his proper position. Should be playing now for us so we can see what he's about, I don't care if he's good enough for Millwall.
McCarey: Not good enough, leaving anyway in the summer I would think.
Evans: Jury's out, lovely passing range but concerns over mobility and defensive work. Deserves another go for me.
Rowe: Not good enough, leaving anyway in the summer I would think.
Coady: Is capable enough at this level in a really limited sense, total waste of money relative to what we spent. Technique is horrific.
Van La Parra: One good game in eight, shite attitude, leaving anyway by the looks of it.
Iorfa: Definitely good enough, a couple of rough patches of form but he's very young, no need for revisionism about his talent.
Price: Good enough in the right system when we're playing the right football.
McAlinden: Not been treated especially well over the last two years but probably not good enough anyway. Leaving in the summer.
Ismail: Not good enough, leaving in the summer.
Sigurdarson: Giving it everything to earn a new deal and our football isn't helping him but as it stands doesn't look like he's good enough, just no goal threat.
Ebanks-Landell: Not good enough, won't make a career in this division. Stock League One lump of a centre half at best.
Graham: Definitely good enough from what we have seen, just look at the number of goals he set up in just two months of football. Bizarre argument about him on this thread.
Byrne: Jury's out, not had enough chances over the season and has been thrown in when we're terrible as an attacking and passing force. Pretty raw for someone with that many senior games behind him.
Martinez: Would say he's definitely good enough for this level but it's irrelevant as we aren't going to sign him.
Zyro: Small sample size but impressed every time he's played so far, looks comfortably good enough.
Deslandes: Never seen him play so cannot say.
Le Fondre: Will score goals at this level in the right set up, we do not offer that set up and we aren't going to sign him anyway.
Hause: Extremely highly rated within football, learning as he goes but I would say he is good enough. Another one where I cannot understand how people are writing him off.
Hunte: Only seen for 10 minutes so cannot say. Obviously talented.
Enobakhare: As Hunte but seen him for about 20 minutes more.

Just don't get the negativity where its not needed (there's plenty of real reasons to be negative) Graham is 21, just broke into the first team and shown signs he could be a very good player, whether he fulfills that promise, we don't know but if he doesn't excite you then you're in for a very disappointing spell. As for Doherty, I don't think anyone thinks he has what it takes so far but he too is pretty young and the last 3-4 games seems to improve every match, doubt he will maintain it but I for one am enjoying him making people eat their words.....even if it is short term.

In hindsight I'm most likely too harsh on both Graham and Doherty and there are better ways to express something. Maybe I expect too much and yes I should give these players credit. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and if I generalise I've seen a team this season (a unit) that isn't quite at it - we'd all readily accept that. Hope Graham progresses and above all he becomes an integral part of some fluid attacking football. Fair play to Doherty he's got his head down, is having a good go at it and is getting some consistency. I'll wind my neck in - I've had far too much pseudoephedrine the past couple of days - feel like there's steam coming out of my ears.

Now I'm back at my PC:

Ikeme: Not good enough. Movement is truly horrible, error rate is way too high and it's been going on too long now to just be a question of form.
Doherty: Not good enough. Has had three good games in a row but let's not get carried away, we know what his normal level is and it's not even League One.
Helan: Early days but I wouldn't be signing him up permanently, just doesn't have any composure on the ball.
Edwards: Not good enough. Can play one position where scoring and creating are a pre-requisite. Doesn't create anything and doesn't score anywhere near enough.
Williamson: Definitely good enough, we need to get him fit, if it takes until next season then so be it.
Batth: Good enough IF he's in the right back four. Performances alongside Willo were good so not writing him off, he was decent last season.
Henry: Good enough as a squad option, 22 goals in 100 games is a very healthy strike rate. Just don't play him when he's blatantly out of form.
Saville: Jury's out, has a long way to go but there are some positive aspects to his game.
Dicko: Definitely good enough, just need him to come back as good as he was pre-injury.
Mason: Early days, is a reasonable enough footballer and can finish. Not going to bang in 25 a season but no reason why he can't be a success here if used properly.
McDonald: Has the talent, application has been appalling for much of the season. Too many games where he doesn't fancy it.
Wallace: Impossible to say given he has had virtually no opportunity in his proper position. Should be playing now for us so we can see what he's about, I don't care if he's good enough for Millwall.
McCarey: Not good enough, leaving anyway in the summer I would think.
Evans: Jury's out, lovely passing range but concerns over mobility and defensive work. Deserves another go for me.
Rowe: Not good enough, leaving anyway in the summer I would think.
Coady: Is capable enough at this level in a really limited sense, total waste of money relative to what we spent. Technique is horrific.
Van La Parra: One good game in eight, $#@!e attitude, leaving anyway by the looks of it.
Iorfa: Definitely good enough, a couple of rough patches of form but he's very young, no need for revisionism about his talent.
Price: Good enough in the right system when we're playing the right football.
McAlinden: Not been treated especially well over the last two years but probably not good enough anyway. Leaving in the summer.
Ismail: Not good enough, leaving in the summer.
Sigurdarson: Giving it everything to earn a new deal and our football isn't helping him but as it stands doesn't look like he's good enough, just no goal threat.
Ebanks-Landell: Not good enough, won't make a career in this division. Stock League One lump of a centre half at best.
Graham: Definitely good enough from what we have seen, just look at the number of goals he set up in just two months of football. Bizarre argument about him on this thread.
Byrne: Jury's out, not had enough chances over the season and has been thrown in when we're terrible as an attacking and passing force. Pretty raw for someone with that many senior games behind him.
Martinez: Would say he's definitely good enough for this level but it's irrelevant as we aren't going to sign him.
Zyro: Small sample size but impressed every time he's played so far, looks comfortably good enough.
Deslandes: Never seen him play so cannot say.
Le Fondre: Will score goals at this level in the right set up, we do not offer that set up and we aren't going to sign him anyway.
Hause: Extremely highly rated within football, learning as he goes but I would say he is good enough. Another one where I cannot understand how people are writing him off.
Hunte: Only seen for 10 minutes so cannot say. Obviously talented.
Enobakhare: As Hunte but seen him for about 20 minutes more.

The only amendments I'd make to the above are:
Ikeme: Depends what the norm is, early career and this season definitely not good enough. Gets rid of his concrete boots and plays like the prior 2 seasons and he's a competent Championship keeper
Doherty: if he was a new signing who you'd never seen at right back, you'd say he was a cracking addition. Much too early to see him as a long term option, but as a left back I'd say the jury is out.
Iorfa: is in danger of becoming the new Lee Naylor, plenty of promise, but has regressed this season. Needs some one on one coaching on marking at the back post and crossing. He needs taking out of the side for his future development but we don't have a credible alternative.

Last edited:
Bullet bitten...I've renewed :surrendered: :confused-smiley-013

I still haven't... But sadly Wolves are in the blood however much they piss me off. 23 years a season ticket holder and continuing most probably..

I've renewed. Years of not being able to have one and have to pick games means now being able to have one is a must no matter how disappointed i've been this season.

Does anyone know if after renewing they will let you change your seat at anytime?

When they go on general sale, usually about July I think, you can change your seat, I moved from North to South a few seasons ago.

When they go on general sale, usually about July I think, you can change your seat, I moved from North to South a few seasons ago.

:eek:ldman:
I need to sit down these days especially when I've a few pints pre match so North Bank for me

:eek:ldman:
I need to sit down these days especially when I've a few pints pre match so North Bank for me

Ha, I haven't sat down since I transferred, have to admit I felt fucked at first but I'm used to it now and wouldn't want any other.