• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

He's heading for twenty plus goals again which is an impressive feat in what is a very uninspiring team attacking wise.

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict...

Hasn't even played up front in a fair few of his appearances either.

The kid will be off in January. Put him in the Derby or Boro sides and he would be getting 5, 6 clear chances a game and probably 5 or 6 goals better then he is here.

True, but how many times have people gone home and said "phwoar Afobe was on fire today" this season? I'm going with very few. Yes he's not had the support he would want, but he's equally been guilty of missing a fair few chances. If I was a Prem club scout, I'd want to see more before taking a punt.

Every striker misses chances, Afobe still has a goals to games of 1:2.4 to contextualise his return he's scored more goals than any individual with the exception of Gray at Burnley (12) and Chris Martin (level on 9) in the top ten in the division and has managed 21 shots on target, by your own words he hasn't had any support at times. He might not have been out of this world but that's in light of Jacketts capitulation.

I can't see him putting in a transfer request so I expect him to stay.

I can't see him putting in a transfer request so I expect him to stay.

I think you're right but that won't guarantee that he'll still be here in February. Unless there are changes in ownership and management, I can see any decent offer for Afobe being accepted so that the proceeds can be spent on strengthening the team. From Kenny Jackett's recent comments, it will be strengthening the team in the sense of taller, stronger, faster.

If Afobe goes in January I really worry for our future, I don't believe they will reinvest in the here and now with anything they get for him. Be a one for the future and few loan fees as usual.

I think you're right but that won't guarantee that he'll still be here in February. Unless there are changes in ownership and management, I can see any decent offer for Afobe being accepted so that the proceeds can be spent on strengthening the team. From Kenny Jackett's recent comments, it will be strengthening the team in the sense of taller, stronger, faster.
I agree. The team is in free fall and new blood is required in defence, in management etc.

If Afobe goes in January I really worry for our future, I don't believe they will reinvest in the here and now with anything they get for him. Be a one for the future and few loan fees as usual
I would be more worried if we went back to league one. without the funds to strengthen this squad we are in real real danger especially if they keep KJ. The owner and the strategy is half the problem, the poor recruitment and manager tactics the other.

Just seen the highlights on you tube, defending???? I am speechless!

There has to be some apathy with KJ in the dressing room, because these guys looked like they couldn't give a toss.

Just seen the highlights on you tube, defending???? I am speechless!

There has to be some apathy with KJ in the dressing room, because these guys looked like they couldn't give a toss.

They are certainly light on players who accept and embrace responsibility. You would think the coach should be working them better as a defensive unit on the training field.

They are certainly light on players who accept and embrace responsibility. You would think the coach should be working them better as a defensive unit on the training field.

You mean ex-centre half Rob Edwards?

The worrying part is that we are in this position once again, for the 3rd time in 3 and a half years, with confidence shot amongst the players, a manager who doesn't know how to turn it around and at real risk of going down if we don't arrest the slide.

You have to ask yourself if it's something going on at a higher level, or is just a problem with the squad. There's a few players such as Edwards, Ikeme, Baath who have been through this turbulence before and should be trying to corral some confidence amongst the squad, but we don't seem to have anyone capable of leading the line and motivating people to concentrate and focus on getting the basics right.

The worrying part is that we are in this position once again, for the 3rd time in 3 and a half years, with confidence shot amongst the players, a manager who doesn't know how to turn it around and at real risk of going down if we don't arrest the slide.

You have to ask yourself if it's something going on at a higher level, or is just a problem with the squad. There's a few players such as Edwards, Ikeme, Baath who have been through this turbulence before and should be trying to corral some confidence amongst the squad, but we don't seem to have anyone capable of leading the line and motivating people to concentrate and focus on getting the basics right.

I have been asking that question for several years. Moxey and Morgan have been stale since 2010. There is a real lack of dynamism in the squad, the management , the ownership and the directors. Its coast along at best. Thats the way it seems. Look at the premier league and take yourself back a half a decade. Bournemouth, Norwich, Swansea, Leicester top, Southampton, Stoke, Watford, Palace. 5 of those were in the championship in 2010.Bournemouth werent even in the Championship. A lot changes in 5 years. We are playing serious catch up and I fear we will be left behind unless changes happen at all levels.

Just go away Kenny, im just so fed up with you ruining our club

Back