• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

In that interviews he looks beaten, he will be gone by tomorrow.

We sounded like a shambles once we conceded, like Thursday, and it is reminiscent of the double relegation. No confidence in the team.

We could go down if we do not make the change. We need a new man in charge during the transfer window. We need funds during the transfer window and we need to get some serious nouse in this club during the transfer window. We lack organisation and leadership. Players at this club can play much better than they have shown. They are not top 6 but they are better than 17th or bottom 3.

Morgan must protect his asset by ensuring we remain at least a championship club. He will probably sell Afobe to finance it but that may be the price we have to pay to get a more solid , in depth squad capable of being built on by the new manager next summer. For me that is Nigel Pearson. Committed, plays tidy football, no nonsense , nutter and available. His sides have a nice habit of challenging in this league without being gung ho.

Not sure that we need a lot if merely staying at this level is what we expect to achieve this season - certainly shouldn't need to sell Afobe to get that.

One decent, competent defensive organiser for this team would achieve more than one player ought to be able to (Williamson showed what was possible & I wouldn't put him at the top of the tree at this level).

There is some quality up front (even if some of it is a bit raw) but if we keep conceding an average of 3 goals per game then heads will go & we will get nowhere

Why? Just because I do not think KJ should be sacked.

It's not that though is it? It's your risible attempt to get a bite about MM and Dean Saunders. It's attention seeking wummery and this will be my last bite. A man of your age and experience should know better.

It's not that though is it? It's your risible attempt to get a bite about MM and Dean Saunders. It's attention seeking wummery and this will be my last bite. A man of your age and experience should know better.

On the contrary I was just pointing out that sacking McCarthy and Solbakken did not improve the situation.

Sacking Saunders improved things a lot. For starters, he was no longer our manager.

Sorry I meant to say sacking McCarthy and Solbakken.
Phew. Thought your final marbles had gone. Let's be honest though, it wasn't so much the sackings it was the replacements that were wrong.

Phew. Thought your final marbles had gone. Let's be honest though, it wasn't so much the sackings it was the replacements that were wrong.

So why sack KJ and end up with someone like Holloway. Don't get me wrong, KJ is clearly struggling at the moment, but who is out there and available that is any better?

So why sack KJ and end up with someone like Holloway. Don't get me wrong, KJ is clearly struggling at the moment, but who is out there and available that is any better?
I think KJ should go however I share the concerns about who we would get to replace him.

Zero faith in those making the decision.

We've been dreadful for at least 17/21 matches this season and we seem to be regressing further, I compare it more to the MM sacking when it was left 3 months to late. The chances are this mess will continue.

I think KJ should go however I share the concerns about who we would get to replace him.

Why? replacing the manager(twice) has worked for Villa ................Oh :)

Why? replacing the manager(twice) has worked for Villa ................Oh :)

Exactly. People seem to think that a change of manager will suddenly turn Wolves into world beaters. Sometimes it is better the devil you know.

I have been out today, and I really did not expect that scoreline. We need to start picking up points quickly if we are to have any chance of making the play offs.

I say this light heartedly with no malice but your eternal optimism with each dropped point or loss reminds me of The Black Knight in Monty Python

Tis but a scratch!

This is as bad as the end of Stale and peak Saunders. How we've ended up like this again within that short space of time is scary.

My gut says we'll be hiring Tim Sherwood.

Back