• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

Highlights

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10106279/sheffield-wednesday-4-1-wolves#ooid=FpdnlteTq5ZgtjpmTBFnoSAH6r_8S3j_[/video]

The defending is abysmal from all concerned but a special mention for Danny Batth who seems to have morphed into Paul Blades.

We all know Doherty is terrible so him being complicit in 2 of the goals should be to nobody's surprise.

Scenario 1 - Nicole Kidman invites me to Paris for the weekend. covers herself in chocolate sauce and days "Go ahead, baby, lick it off."
Scenario 2 - Wolves make the play-offs

I'm sorry, Frank, but #1 is about 100x more likely to happen

I'd take 21st now if you offered me it never thought I'd be saying that in August.

Highlights

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10106279/sheffield-wednesday-4-1-wolves#ooid=FpdnlteTq5ZgtjpmTBFnoSAH6r_8S3j_[/video]

Holy fucking shit. :icon_lol:

Ikeme, woah
Ikeme, woah
He's just like Matt Murray
Without the quality

First season was good - what we needed, second was fine, normally 78 points would get you comfortably into the playoffs & then who knows - this season has fallen apart .

No doubt various reasons, but we should not let it continue to slide & trust that there will be 3 worse teams to keep us in this divsion

Sorry Parkin not a dig at you but this school of thought winds me up. It wound me up last season when people were saying we'd only need 75 points due to History when everything in that particular season suggested otherwise.

Last season there was a clear gulf. There was the top 8 and everyone else. Everyone else were so bad it made the top 8s point tally higher. I don't care what happened in previous years, it's completely irrelevant and can't be used to say we were unlucky. We weren't good enough and we should have been.

I've gone the opposite way to Lycan. I've been going through the apathy stage for while, pretty much since Charlton, just waiting for him to be sacked (well at first more just not being bothered if he went, Brentford was the point I actively wanted him sacked). Now I'm actively angry that he is still allowed to manage my club. Just fuck off KJ so I can start enjoying Wolves again.

Last season there was a clear gulf. There was the top 8 and everyone else. Everyone else were so bad it made the top 8s point tally higher. I don't care what happened in previous years, it's completely irrelevant and can't be used to say we were unlucky. We weren't good enough and we should have been.

I think that's incredibly harsh.

My God, that is some terrible defending. Four goals conceded, and about seven school boy errors between them. Fucking shocking. And people say the club couldn't attract a better manager ffs.

Couple of tweets suggesting he's been sacked. Probably based on the earlier hoax though

Are you saying she's not attracted to slightly overweight, going grey, middle-aged blokes who support Wolves?

Would suggest that she has other options (& unfortunately I fall into that category as well except that middle aged might be stretching things a bit)

I honestly can't see how he can remain in post after this, we are in free fall and look piss poor. I know that the problems at the club lie deeper than the manager, but the most immediate danger we face is getting sucked into a relegation battle and to avoid that we need to start winning. We need to get someone in, get the players working to a system and then hopefully start picking up points.

I think that's incredibly harsh.

Well the points tally was higher for that reason.

Regardless what happened in previous seasons, we should have finished higher up the table than we did. We can't blame the reason we finished outside the play offs on every other team scoring more points than average. We finished outside the play offs because they scored more points than us and were better than us. They should have been.

"In terms of myself, we're not where we want to be, I can understand the frustration at where the club is at," Jackett said.

"And I can certainly understand with the last two results that people are unhappy with all of us, myself included, and as the head coach it's me mainly, I do understand that.

"As for being able to put it right, I can quite clearly see where we are lacking and I have every confidence in myself to be able to put that right.".

Kenny Jackett to E+S

Stan James saying he has been sacked

StanJames.comVerified account ‏@stanjames 4m4 minutes ago
After their 4-1 loss to #swfc #WWFC have announced the departure of Kenny Jackett. A knee-jerk reaction? #tellstan

Highlights

Not sure why I looked at that - masochism I suppose.

Needs an X rating really

I think that's a reaction to a fake account that has been retweeted a couple of times as there isn't anything else.

Dear God, I've just seen the goals. On current form EEL's level is the Conference. And if Danny Batth was on loan no-one would shed a tear when his loan ended.

Wolves ‏@OfficiaIWoIves 19m19 minutes ago
BREAKING | Kenny Jackett has been relieved of his duties as Wolves head coach. More to follow.

Back