• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

Just watched the highlights and I had that circus music running through my mind (da da dada dada da da dada)

Well the points tally was higher for that reason.

Regardless what happened in previous seasons, we should have finished higher up the table than we did. We can't blame the reason we finished outside the play offs on every other team scoring more points than average. We finished outside the play offs because they scored more points than us and were better than us. They should have been.

In reality the points score we got last season is an irrelevance as 75% of the teams that finished in the 4 places above are still with us - so the odds on us getting promotion even if we had got just over the line were not that great.

Real issue is why we have gone from that to what we are delivering now only a few months later

Absolutely nothing about a sacking on the verified Twitter account. "Kenny disappointed."

This is getting all too depressing - I'm almost inclined to read the climate change thread instead (I did say 'almost')

Having said that I am clearly a sucker for punishment as have booked a ticket for the Cardiff game (helps that they made it a half price game - I do enjoy a bargain?)

Not being as old as some of the posters on here, i have to say Ebanks-Landell is the worst defender i have seen in a gold shirt. Im not sure i have seen a game he hasnt been at fault for a goal. I will admit i am a Danny Batth fan and hes proved along side Stears and Williamson he is more than capable at this level, he looks as though he is completely shot of any confidence trying to cover the donkey along side him....

Scenario 1 - Nicole Kidman invites me to Paris for the weekend. covers herself in chocolate sauce and days "Go ahead, baby, lick it off."
Scenario 2 - Wolves make the play-offs

I'm sorry, Frank, but #1 is about 100x more likely to happen
I can't stand Kidman and chocolate is meh. Having stated that there is more chance that I would lick said cocoa product that would be on her body than Wolves making the play offs.

I understand the frustration, but remember we sacked McCarthy, and then got relegated, we sacked Solbakken, and then got relegated. So if KJ was sacked, who is to say things would improve.

And has anyone got Nicole Kidmans telephone number...

We sacked MM far too late. We would have been better off keeping him than binning him when we did. Solbakken went at a better time but we replaced him with Coco the Clown. If we are to replace Jackett now is the time to do it, the key being getting the right man to replace him

I understand the frustration, but remember we sacked McCarthy, and then got relegated, we sacked Solbakken, and then got relegated. So if KJ was sacked, who is to say things would improve.

And has anyone got Nicole Kidmans telephone number...

Yes I have but I am not allowed to give it to anyone.

We could go down if we do not make the change. We need a new man in charge during the transfer window. We need funds during the transfer window and we need to get some serious nouse in this club during the transfer window. We lack organisation and leadership. Players at this club can play much better than they have shown. They are not top 6 but they are better than 17th or bottom 3.

Morgan must protect his asset by ensuring we remain at least a championship club. He will probably sell Afobe to finance it but that may be the price we have to pay to get a more solid , in depth squad capable of being built on by the new manager next summer. For me that is Nigel Pearson. Committed, plays tidy football, no nonsense , nutter and available. His sides have a nice habit of challenging in this league without being gung ho.

The more I think about it, the more I agree that Nigel Pearson is the best available option, Cyber

Back