• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

The club as a whole will still be a draw for a lot of Managers despite the ownership problems - whether we get the selection right is another issue

It's a complete fallacy that we can't get a new manager because we're up for sale. We were for sale for 12 years under Sir Jack and managed to get through a few managers

Who has said that Mike? I've questioned which manager of any talent would come with the club in its current state.

I appreciate What you're saying re Hayward but this is a different scenario altogether.

Who has said that Mike? I've questioned which manager of any talent would come with the club in its current state.

I appreciate What you're saying re Hayward but this is a different scenario altogether.

I don't think we're in a bad state. We have a decent playing staff, not under transfer emargo or in administration. A solid academy and only one or two players from a solid top 6 team. That's far better than half the teams in our division.

Stu, with the set up at Wolves, the academy, the young players coming through we are not as much of a bad bet for a manager as our league position implies.
Off the top of my head I could see Nigel Pearson being interested..yes he's a bit mental but he had Leicester playing some good stuff last season.
Maybe Monk would be attracted by the size of the club.
Former player Paul Cook might fancy a step up despite his alleged personal demons...

I don't know if you're wrong, I simply disagree with your opinion.

NWW you can't just make a controversial statement and then not back it up. That can give you the label WUM.

There is literally no evidence to support your view and if there is and I'm wrong then show me.

NWW you can't just make a controversial statement and then not back it up. That can give you the label WUM.

There is literally no evidence to support your view and if there is and I'm wrong then show me.

Couldn't care less punts, I'm simply being as dismissive of you as you are of me.

Have a great Christmas [emoji106][emoji106]

Couldn't care less punts, I'm simply being as dismissive of you as you are of me.

Have a great Christmas [emoji106][emoji106]

Not sure when I was being dismissive but never mind.

Simply intrigued as to how you could formulate that opinion.

Maybe you don't know either? Merry Christmas.

I haven't really gotten on board with all the 'apathy' chat before today, I've been bloody fuming about the way we've performed this season, but this result hasn't affected me at all. Maybe it just hasn't penetrated my Xmas cheer but when it gets to the stage where fans can brush off a 4-1 loss as nothing unexpected then something has to change.

Oh btw, 4-1 and the only sub he made was Holt on for Byrne? What other manager would do this?

Not good at all. I disagree that no one would want to manage Wolves or any club in the championship. Nice pay off if it all goes wrong or off to bigger things. The question is the calibre of who comes but Birmingham, Brentford have found good managers at lower level, and Jimmy may do a job at QPR.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not good at all. I disagree that no one would want to manage Wolves or any club in the championship. Nice pay off if it all goes wrong or off to bigger things. The question is the calibre of who comes but Birmingham, Brentford have found good managers at lower level, and Jimmy may do a job at QPR.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Agree. There's talent out there, we just need to find the right man. The problem is that we're relying on Kevin Thelwell and Jez Moxey to find him.

It looks like my drive from leeds to Edinburgh was a far better option.

Kenny Jackett.

Accepts that with Wolves current league position, that he is 'in the firing line'
Felt his side weren't compact enough and didn't win enough first balls.
Jackett, understandably, unhappy with defending. Felt confidence went out of side after Owls' first. Felt defence was brittle.

I have been out today, and I really did not expect that scoreline. We need to start picking up points quickly if we are to have any chance of making the play offs.

I have been out today, and I really did not expect that scoreline. We need to start picking up points quickly if we are to have any chance of making the play offs.

We need to start picking up points if we are to avoid the drop, Frank

We need to start picking up magic mushrooms if the play offs are in our thoughts, Frank.

There's only one way we're getting out of the division at present and it won't be involving a trip to Wembley.

Kenny Jackett.

Accepts that with Wolves current league position, that he is 'in the firing line'
Felt his side weren't compact enough and didn't win enough first balls.
Jackett, understandably, unhappy with defending. Felt confidence went out of side after Owls' first. Felt defence was brittle.

His reasoning for starting Doherty is absurd.

He wanted a bigger more physical back 4... To cope with the aerial threat of Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Lucas João and Barry fucking Bannan no doubt. What the actual fuck is wrong with him?

His reasoning for starting Doherty is absurd.

He wanted a bigger more physical back 4... To cope with the aerial threat of Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Lucas João and Barry $#@!ing Bannan no doubt. What the actual $#@! is wrong with him?

The simple answer is he has lost it. The magic touch of his first two seasons has gone and he isn't clever enough to put things right

Back