• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (A) Premier League Match Build Up/Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otasowie
Otasowie Otasowie Otasowie Otasowie
Otasowie Otasowie

I personally think a 4-4-2 with a team full of Otasowie's will actually see us right. Sort it Nuno.

Otasowie
Otasowie Otasowie

I personally think a 4-4-2 with a team full of Otasowie's will actually see us right. Sort it Nuno.
Gary Breen likes this side

------------------------Patricio-----------------------

---------Hoever---------Coady------Saiss----------

Semedo-----Vitinha-------Neves----Gibbs-White----Jonny

--------------------Silva-------José-------------------------

I'm fucking pissed off with José lately (does it show) but we need to know whether he can or can't do it. I suspect it's the latter but this game doesn't matter a toss anyway, so whatever.

May as well give Neto a break, poor kid has been running his legs off for ages and having to do everything on his own. He can't play up front so don't even think about playing him there. Save him for the Leeds game when he can get at that carthorse Ayling.

Never want to see Kilman again.

Let's see what Hoever can do at RCH as he isn't making much of a wing back any time soon.

Not interested in Adama's nonsense for now thank you very much.

I dont care what team is put out, as long as there is fight and desire, and of course a win, am i asking too much ?

I'm fucking pissed off with José lately (does it show) but we need to know whether he can or can't do it. I suspect it's the latter but this game doesn't matter a toss anyway, so whatever.

May as well give Neto a break, poor kid has been running his legs off for ages and having to do everything on his own. He can't play up front so don't even think about playing him there. Save him for the Leeds game when he can get at that carthorse Ayling.

Never want to see Kilman again.

Let's see what Hoever can do at RCH as he isn't making much of a wing back any time soon.

Not interested in Adama's nonsense for now thank you very much.
Like the look of that - might be looking to start RAN though as there's a lot of work on the WBs in that formation. Podence would be a much better option than Silva if he was available.

Bit sad, but can't be arsed to predict the line up (mainly because there isn't a fit starting 11 that will go out and play dynamic, confident, attacking football) and it feels like a nothing game now anyway.

-------------------------Rui--------------
---Semedo---Donck/Coady--Saiss---Jonny
-----------Neves-------Vitinha-------
-----Traore--------MGW-------Neto----
----------------------WJ---------

I'd be happy to go back to 4231 whether we have the CBs for it or not and just finish the season playing attacking football and forget about the defence - we won't though.

Happy to try and win 4-3 each week than lose 1-0.
Exactly this. Spurs going out of the FA cup at the same point as us is a good case and point. They lost 5-4 in a brilliantly, mad, entertaining game. They'd have been gutted to lose, of course, but at least they gave it a go and it was fun to watch. We have to wait 79 minutes for a shot on target, at home, against an out of form Southampton and end up losing 2-0 anyway. It's a load of bollocks.

There's more chance of Del Woppio getting a date with Natalie Imbruglia off the back of his performances on Smule than there is Nuno playing a 4, though.

-------------------------Rui--------------
---Semedo---Donck/Coady--Saiss---Jonny
-----------Neves-------Vitinha-------
-----Traore--------MGW-------Neto----
----------------------WJ---------
I’d like that team. Would be happy with Deutsch’s too. The key for me is MGW and Vitinha getting a run of games so we can make decisions on their future based on a run of games rather than random sub appearances.

I wouldn't go as far as to say MGW played well last night, but what he did bring was energy. Channel that in the middle of the pitch and that will at least offer something different to our attacking

I felt that MGW was short of a yard or two of pace last night. I'm not sure whether it was physical speed or that his reactions were a little on the slow side. It might be a lack of recent playing time, it might not.

I'd be happier with DW's team with Neto in place of MGW.

Last edited:
I’m not sure MGW is a #10. I put it in the match thread that he’s always quite clumsy when in the box.

I think he’s worth a go as 8 in a 3 man midfield as DW says.

He runs like a 50 year old, he’s not agile, his touch is sometimes loose, shooting/finishing poor, and I wouldn’t say he was the best ball carrier in the world.

Now this isn’t saying he’s rubbish (I don’t think he will make a career in the top half of the PL), but I’m not sure his skill set suits a #10. James Maddison might not be quick, but he ticks all of those other boxes. If we’re not going to play an 8 then not sure he’s worth persevering with.

James Maddison might not be quick, but he ticks all of those other boxes.
He may not be fit physically but he's reacts very quickly to situations. What bothered me in the last night's game that Morgan Gibbs-White's reactions didn't seem sharp enough ... though that was true of too many players last night. As I said, it could be simply due to a lack of match fitness, it could be something else. It might be less of an issue if he's playing a somewhat deeper role.

This for me but with Gibbs-White in behind Silva and Jose. Let Semedo go up and down the line but Jonny may have to not cut inside so often.

Of course Nuno isn't going to play this team at all but dreaming is for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back