• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Or selling your soul to a horrific right wing rag.

Let's not romanticise his era. He fundamentally didn't understand FFP and his coverage of Fosun's first year was diabolical.

Tim also has a habit of saying "hence why", which means I will never be able to fully respect him.

I couldn't say what she did or didn't do. But she made bugger all effort to learn about this club and this team.

I'd say I know more about Fleetwood than she does about Wolves.

TBF to Tim I think he did actually study journalism and got the wolves blog in addition to normal job when they realised Lloyd was a weirdo. I got blocked by Lloyd a few weeks ago on twitter when I had the temerity to suggest our players didn't play on when traore was down injured to 'punish' traore.

The free E&S goes straight in the bin in our house, haven't clicked on their ad-ridden craphole of a site since Joe took over either.

Edit - my bad, it was another wolves blogger wanging on about traore. Who knew there were so many of them ;)

Nathan Lloyd has always been a very odd man to be fair from what I could tell !

I need to see this :icon_lol:

I have no idea what a journalism degree entails tbf. You can either write or you can't. An English degree would be of more use.

My mate is a reporter for a newspaper and didn't go to uni, it's another pointless degree it's way more important to get some experience behind you and do the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) qualifications, it takes less time and costs six times less.

As you say if you've got the tools you only then need to learn about professional process not churning out articles at Uni.

My mate is a reporter for a newspaper and didn't go to uni, it's another pointless degree it's way more important to get some experience behind you and do the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) qualifications, it takes less time and costs six times less.

As you say if you've got the tools you only then need to learn about professional process not churning out articles at Uni.

It's true. I did an English degree at Uni but can't write a press release or journalistic piece for toffee, but can write marketing copy et al no problem. Totally different ball game.

It's true. I did an English degree at Uni but can't write a press release or journalistic piece for toffee, but can write marketing copy et al no problem. Totally different ball game.

As is writing for technical journals with peer review and all that entails! Fortunately now I can write for fun and do.

I write about football programmes every week and try not to overwhelm my audience with content about the Wolves, tempting though it is.

Anyway this week is about Wolves vs Leicester in 1968 with a nod to tomorrow night's game, if anyone is interested :)

https://yourfootballprogramme.co.uk/blog/wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-leicester-city-august-1968/

While the content of Tim's writing is more interesting now he's at The Athletic, he's still an appalling writer.

Every piece is littered with terrible metaphors. e.g. "Traore, running past his man like road runner with booster rockets" etc etc. It's sub-sixth form stuff and I'm amazed his editors at The Athletic let him get away with it. If I wasn't at work I'd extract them all from his recent articles, but it would take me hours there's that many of them. Abysmal stuff.

He isn't even the worst they've recruited, that's the thing. Try reading anything by Carl Anka. Christ.

They've gone very scattergun in terms of signing people up and some work, some don't. Danny Taylor is probably the very best football writer out there...and he works for the same firm as Timbo. It's odd.

He is very, very, very tryhard on Twitter these days. I also don't really rate his writing on any level.

Spiers is alright generally but his shtick on Twitter really grates on me and seems to be getting worse - “them Wolves...mate...a man has kicked the football and the second half has begun” etc. Give it a rest.

Spiers is alright generally but his shtick on Twitter really grates on me and seems to be getting worse - “them Wolves...mate...a man has kicked the football and the second half has begun” etc. Give it a rest.

Yknow, i cant write for shit, punctuation is shitter than shit...but the use of the word "them" really fucking grates me nowadays.
Switch any game on and at half time you will have the likes of Rio saying "its them players that can change a game"...and other such "themshits"
I am begining to think the word 'those' no longer exists.

I suspect that proof reading is no longer a function.

Even so, headline, first word, first letter. You'd think someone would have noticed....

Up there with the Sakary Bako headline from a few years ago

Liam Keen was looking after the show whilst the rest of the team was at Joe Edwards wedding.

Back